Staunton Bluffs V: New Blood

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil watches how Jamethon looks after the boy. It's normal care about a boy in a place like this but the cleric seems to know him well. So she asks:

"Who is this boy? Do you know him?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Lodissio's scimitar!"

Shana looks around to see if she recognises the place. Then glances at Inovidil

"Its probably all an illusion. I'm no longer convinced by anything that has happened since I left Voonlar. As for the castle... its in this place, which means its bad. I think your advice about caution is wise..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"All an illusion ah? Lets find it out."

Inovidil concentrates and looks at the souroundings, waving her hands and saying the exact arcane words.

OOC> Detect magic. Inovidil will check all the directions for magic not only at the castle's.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Casting a spell

Post by steveflam »

Brethana not being in combat can pay more attention to what is actually going on and reacts rather rudely to the spellcasting "Bah magic is for the puny",,,, tapping her chest then arms "this is all you need to fight not some magic , " she snorts then turns and moves away a little, waiting for the spellcasting to finish, tapping her foot impatiently...
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George butts into Shana's conversation saying: "I would say more than probable. It's all been illusion for some time now. I'm still waiting for the lord of this domain to show him or herself."

As Inovidil begins to cast, George says: "Don't waste your time, the power creating this illusion is likely beyond your power to pierce."

[OOC: Not knowing what spell she's casting, George assumes she's trying to dispell the illusion.]
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon replies to Inovidil's question, ''This is young master Arlington. His mother needs us to take care of him.'' He rturns to his attempts to get the boy to take a little water and some food.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Always concentrated and waiting till she actually feels any magic at the sourroundings Inovidil replies first to George:

"I don't want to pierce the magic, I want only to see if there is any magic around here and of course if has been casted any illusion spell."

Then she responds to Brethana, her face has gotten a grimace of a little displeasure though.

"You, an elf are afraid of magic? I don't know how things go to this plane, but at my homeland many powerful wizards are elves. I could say that there are better than humans at the art of magic since they have many years to exercise and practice it. I have learn many things from elves, one of my teachers was an elf. I can speak your languge too."
- W H A T ! ? !
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote:He asks young Arlington, ''Master , won't you eat something, or at least have some water? ''
The boy doesn't react to what Moorkroft says. As the cleric dries to give him some water, the boy doesn't swallow until the liquid runs back out of his mouth.
VAN wrote: Inovidil will check all the directions for magic not only at the castle's.
In the moment that Inovidil casts the spell the trees around you start to glow...

And, with crushing sounds, some of them open wooden, blood-red eyes!

Silently moving with the fire-warmed wind from Willisford, the trees seem to wait for something...
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil steps back, but she remains concentrated, she wants to find out more possible.
- W H A T ! ? !
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George quickly steps away from the tree he was leaning against and says: "Inovidil, what have you done?"
-- Anya Jenkins
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain runs up and pauses for a moment at the wooden sign and Lodissio's rusted Scimitar, He gives a sigh of frustration and bows his head at the sight of it. He lifts his head after a short moment looking at the scimitar then spitting upon it. Mumbling a curse under his breath He continues on, making his way towards Castle Stonecrest.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon recoils in horror before the spectacle of the trees opening their unnatural eyes. He steps back, pulling the boy with him. ''Holy Mother! Be careful, Alain- they are watching us. We will be expected at the castle, I imagine.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Trees

Post by steveflam »

Brethana looks at Inovidil and says "Look at what your magic has done! I am from a tribe of elves from Darkon and only the Shaman does some holy praying or healing." She takes her Great Sword out and stands in the middle of the path , looking at Alain and George "Shall we proceed to the castle? Since it seems we are now expected". She keeps alert to the trees.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Always concentated, Inovidil responds:

"I have done nothing. I have only casted detect magic. You are a cleric, I guess you know the spell. It's very simple and checks only if there is any magic around."

Glancing at Brethana continues:

"I had to do nothing with the trees. I believe they would react like this despite my spell. I need only a few more seconds to understand if there is illusion or any other magic here. Proceed if you want I'll catch you up."

OO> Inovidil needs to be concentrated for 3 rounds, I guess at least 2 have already passed so there is much to wait. :wink:
- W H A T ! ? !
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George says, "I will stay while you finish your spell lest these trees you've awakened are angry at you."
-- Anya Jenkins