PLAYER'S GUIDE TO RAVENLOFT: written submissions closed!!!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote:Good news:

Due to increasing interest in the Player's Guide, I'm extending the deadline of all submissions to FEBRUARY 15, 2007. yaY! 8)
Cool!

I was a bit pressed here for the time, and I like that I won't have to submit a rushed job.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Hello people! :)

Sorry for the silence, I was regenerating.

You can now read a sample entry for the Player's Guide entitled "Shadow Fey." This entry is merely a first draft, but it encapsulates what the Player's Guide may look like. :)

Linkypoo (doc 36 KB - download only)
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hi all,

I have decided to hold back my SB article for the time being, since it's definitely more something for DMs than for players. I would be willing to write something on additional core classes from some of the more famous WotC books (PHB 2, Complete Adventurer, Heroes of Horror, and the Miniatures Handbook). Plus, I have to ask for an extension of the deadline - I have an important exam on Feb 13 and won't be able to complete the docs earlier. Feb 20 should be working for me, though, if Dion would accept that. :)

Yours,

R
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Rafael wrote:I would be willing to write something on additional core classes from some of the more famous WotC books (PHB 2, Complete Adventurer, Heroes of Horror, and the Miniatures Handbook).
I've covered in my submissions archivist and binder ;). Nice to see someone else interested in this exercise ;).

(completely irrelevant: I hate the miniatures handbook!)

BTW: It seems like I won't have time for the Lawgiver too. Two submissions are enough for me ;).

Dion, I like your example a lot, and it makes me thrilled about how the total guide will look! It might help though to use word's styles consistently (example: the twilight is modified heading 1 while the changelings heading 3. The end result is the same), just in case you want to change easily the styles later, or create contents, or modify our submissions easily (my submission uses heading styles, so, if you drop it into your doc, it should take normally automatically the correct format. Normally :P).
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Le Noir Faineant

tec-goblin wrote:
Rafael wrote:I would be willing to write something on additional core classes from some of the more famous WotC books (PHB 2, Complete Adventurer, Heroes of Horror, and the Miniatures Handbook).
I've covered in my submissions archivist and binder ;). Nice to see someone else interested in this exercise ;).
So, Necromancer, Knight, Beguiler, Scout, Healer etc. are still free? No problem, then. Maybe we could combine our writings into one bigger article. :)
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote:Hello people! :)

Linkypoo (doc 36 KB - download only)
Hmmm... the link didn't work for me. I got a message in German, which I presume meant "page unavailable," or "you do not have permission to view this site," or something along those lines...
-- TwiceBorn
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

The file could not be read directly from the site; it has to be downloaded. :)
It might help though to use word's styles consistently
Thanks for the tip; I use MS Word 2000 for the typing, I'll look for a suitable format :)
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Just to give a wrapup, the following entries have been studied and approved:

Shadow Fey, the
Church of Ezra, the

The following are now being scrutinized:

Mists, the
Zhakata

The following are currently being written by me, but are not yet finished. If you wish to contribute to what I have, feel free to do so:

Requiem, the
Necropolis
Eternal Order, the
Ancient Dead

Also, I understand that a lot of you would want to write about the exotic classes and how they work in RL. Somehow this would be related to an entry I'm planning entitled "Magical Traditions" that would explain how strange magic such as Incarnum, Pact, Shadow and Truename exist in Ravenloft, and how people see and use them. Feel free to write about them, but again, please do not incorporate DM material.

Later! :)
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote: I'm planning entitled "Magical Traditions" that would explain how strange magic such as Incarnum, Pact, Shadow and Truename exist in Ravenloft, and how people see and use them. Feel free to write about them, but again, please do not incorporate DM material.

Later! :)
Most interesting indeed! I've written to you some things about Pact, I can do whatever of the rest you wish. If I have some ideas, I'll sent you. Shadow seems the easiest, truename might probably need a whole background story and organization, incarnum... I am intrigued to see what all 3 can think about that...
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote: Also, I understand that a lot of you would want to write about the exotic classes and how they work in RL. Somehow this would be related to an entry I'm planning entitled "Magical Traditions" that would explain how strange magic such as Incarnum, Pact, Shadow and Truename exist in Ravenloft, and how people see and use them. Feel free to write about them, but again, please do not incorporate DM material.
I'd like to volunteer for Shadow Magic, if that's all right with you, tec-goblin. I've already got some stuff written from the articles I've done on the FoS.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Nathan of the FoS wrote: I'd like to volunteer for Shadow Magic, if that's all right with you, tec-goblin. I've already got some stuff written from the articles I've done on the FoS.
Don't ask me, ask Dion and Raphael ;). I am mostly into brainstorming at this point, I have no time for writing ;).
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Le Noir Faineant

I only decribe core classes from PHB 2, HoH, MHB, and a few additonal classes from the Complete series - so, Shadow magic etc would still be free to take. :)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I'm speaking at alhoon's behalf, unfortunately he has a problem at his eye and for a week he cannot read or type.
Last edited by VAN on Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Ouch! Bummer. :( Please tell alhoon we hope he's better soon.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Thank you. I will.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!