PLAYER'S GUIDE TO RAVENLOFT: written submissions closed!!!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote:14: There is wide speculation that the Morninglord cult grew out of a much older solar religion, the Church of Andral, which died out in 350 BC
Just a quibble, but I'd recommend dating the CoAndral's extinction to "the late 4th century", not to a particular year. Pinning the date down that specifically is a bit much, for what's meant to be just "speculation". Plus, "I, Strahd" shows the Old Borjian faith hanging on by a thread for another generation at least, although P.N. Elrod doesn't actually specify what the religion was called.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

WolfKook wrote: I would change the DCs of the last two entries and raise them by at least 2 each, though I would also change the mention of there being evidence of the militant nature of the cult, saying only that there are rumors on this direction.
I also thought some of these DCs were low, considering that a player with 4 ranks in a Knowledge, and a +2 mod, could gain on level 3 with a divine insight spell by a cleric a total of +14 mod, which means that:
1) everything with a DC up to 10 is known to you if you have the appropriate knowledge
2) many things with a DC up to 25 will be known if you really try, even at very low levels.

And, yes, the timeline will include sub-entries on the Scourge of Arak, the Great Upheaval, the Grim Harvest and the Time of Unparalleled Darkness (That's a good excuse to go beyond the 2-page limit without breaking the rules... Thanks, Tec-Gob!)
Ahahah, at your service :D
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

I've taken liberties to incorporate the "Shadow Rift" entry into the "Shadow Fey" entry, since they seem too related. :)
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

I'll tackle the entry for Voodan, if it's still unclaimed...
-- TwiceBorn
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Ok, list of topics updated here :lucas:
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Eric the Light Bringer
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: PLAYER'S GUIDE TO RAVENLOFT: now accepting submissions!!

Post by Eric the Light Bringer »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote:This, however does not limit the ideas for new entries that you as a writer may submit. Creativity counts!

Deadline for all submissions would be January 31, 2007, with a netbook release in early 2007.

Best regards,
Dion, Sharon, Joel, Jason, David
The Fraternity of Shadows
If no one minds, I would like to take a stab at the faith of the Morninglord and it's church :)
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Eric the Light Bringer wrote: If no one minds, I would like to take a stab at the faith of the Morninglord and it's church :)
If you want, I can send you my original manuscript on the Church of Ezra (or Dion could send you a corrected version). It might provide some ideas and some consistency in the format ;), while at the same time, you can use it to present the differences of Morninglord from other deities.
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Good news:

Due to increasing interest in the Player's Guide, I'm extending the deadline of all submissions to FEBRUARY 15, 2007. yaY! 8)
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Dion of the Fraternity wrote:Good news:

Due to increasing interest in the Player's Guide, I'm extending the deadline of all submissions to FEBRUARY 15, 2007. yaY! 8)
It's not necessarily good news, as I am anxious to see the end results :D .
But this means that I can take the Church of Lawgiver if noone takes it in the following 10 days :D (I prefer someone else to do it, to have many authors, but I know I can do it).
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:) Thanks! I don't know if I would have had my submisison ready in January.
Eric the Light Bringer
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

tec-goblin wrote:If you want, I can send you my original manuscript on the Church of Ezra (or Dion could send you a corrected version). It might provide some ideas and some consistency in the format ;), while at the same time, you can use it to present the differences of Morninglord from other deities.
That would be nice, to have a template to work with

if you can, could you send it to me through my email (forgot to make it visible :oops: :) ?
Eric the Light Bringer
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

tec-goblin wrote:It's not necessarily good news, as I am anxious to see the end results :D .
But this means that I can take the Church of Lawgiver if noone takes it in the following 10 days :D (I prefer someone else to do it, to have many authors, but I know I can do it).
I'd hate to bring this up, but with the Cult of the Morninglord, Ezra, the Lawgiver (and add in Hala and the other single-domain faiths) it kind of looks like the beginnings of a "Faiths of Ravenloft" guide :wink:
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Certainly good... I already have a list of "common knowledge" events, with their dates, but I'm just starting putting it together (From a Lamordian -that is, purely logical -point of view), and I was getting afraid about not being able to finish the Timeline on time.

Besides, I've already completed the entries on "Creation Myths" and "The Age of the Silver Kingdoms" (Around -1000BC); I've just started writing "The Barbaric Years" entry, and I'm starting to get pretty excited at the results. If I just haven't had to work... :?

OTOH, my timeline contains references to other entries in the Guide, I guess I would need your help, Dion, to make it fit correctly with the other entries (Things like "For more information, see This Topic on That Page", though I don't think a quote like that would be in line with the mood of the Guide).
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

Amen, brutha...
-- TwiceBorn
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Any news? I try to communicate with Dion and I cannot find him...
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.