my adventure idea for a upcoming convention game

Discussing all things Ravenloft
silas13
Conspirator
Conspirator

my adventure idea for a upcoming convention game

Post by silas13 »

My adventure idea for an upcoming convention game is based on an idea I recently had while watching an ecw event from home. Now I know that wrestling is not the best idea for a ravenloft adventure idea. Recently I had a stroke of genius. Here is my domain idea for the adventure and an explanation of how the Paul Heyman character idea fits in.

The domain of xhi channan/bandit camp

Land type: island

Environment type base description: arid lush jungle in the south mixed with a massive desert in the north.

Noteworthy environment areas: There is a gigantic skull shaped rock formation leading up to the desert area and a river in the south that separates the north and the south. There is also mount Shaggroth in a dense area of the jungles in the area known in their native tongue as si grathia domminus. Which when translated means temple of death.

Number of cities and population list: two in the south but one in the north

ski rakka shagsgen

City type: urban metropolis high rent district

Population: roughly 60,000

Population type: general mix of poor and wealthy but everything is mixed by wealth i.e. wealthy in the south poor in the north

Crime rate: north very little but rising in the south very high but falling

Darkord <of the south>:

The reigning mayor xhi cami

Personality type: nervous cautious worried of bandit attack

<ooc: this is the Paul heyman type>

Basic look: wears basic green robes of authority but is bald and very sickly looking

Is this guy the political power in the area: no just the south

Story: Xhi was just like every other kid growing up. He loved the gladiatorial games in his homeland. But he realized early on that backing the right champion meant power and riches. When he was twenty he was a high-ranking chabor in the area because he knew whom to back. But there was a method to his win streak. He cheated. He would give his fighters the edge before the fight. He altered the rules accordingly to benefit his fighters. One night he was putting a strange liquid in a drink a fighter he was not backing had and the liquid was a strange drug that was best described as pure madness. Well the fighter fought and lost but thanks to the drug he survived and promptly jumped into the crowd and killed a class of students who did nothing. Well Xhi was never found out but his domain was created for him right as the fighter died cursing his name. Once Xhi backed a fighter in his domain he lost now no fighter he backs will ever win. In one instance a fighter came back to life after he was killed and won.

Now this is the domain I had in mind. I am not going to spoil my vision before the convention. But it follows two ravenloft traditions, alienation. Because this area is very India styled except for the desert and outsiders are usually put to death and the other tradition of ravenloft a powerful darklord that is cursed. In this case the darklord of the north will never see the land become the jungle it once was and the one in the south will never win and gain power.

Now the darklord of the south mentioned above is the Paul heyman type. He tries everything short of murder to get power and he is a crooked promoter. This is where the ecw dynamic fits in. My adventure is based on the three-town theory where the entire adventure takes place on a big island and the players cannot get a boat out of town. I think this might work. What do you think?