15th Connections +6 (+3), Bonus feat
16th
17th
18th Connections +7
19th
20th Connections +8 (+4)

Hit die: D8

Class Skills:
Academician (Wis), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Craft (gunsmith, photography) (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable device (Int), Disguise (Cha), First aid (Wis), Forgery (Int), Gather information (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (cryptology, etiquette, history, local, government, literature) (Int), Listen (Wis), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (journalist, photographer) (Wis), Search (Int), Sense motive (Wis), Spot (Wis)

Class Features:
Weapons are the same as in MotRD.

Connections:
Connections work the same as in MotRD except that the first number is the Journalist’s bonus is in his hometown, when a second number appears that number is her bonus outside of her hometown. So at 1st level, the Journalist gets +1, at 3rd level +2 (+), at 6th level +3, at 9th level +4 (+2), at 12th level +5, at 15th level +6 (+3), at 18th level +7 and at 20th level +8 (+4).

Bonus feats:
The Journalist receives a bonus feat at levels 1, 5, 10 and 15. The feat must be taken from the following list: Diligent, Improvised Weapon, Investigator, Iron Will, Linguist (Incredible Linguist - from Web Enhancement), Mysterious Scholar (from Web Enhancement), Negotiator, Perfect Memory Auditory, Perfect Memory Visual, Savoir-Faire, Skill Focus (class skill) and Speed Reading.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mystic

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Here is the Mystic class. I hope it makes sense Domains wise...

Mystic:
The Mystic is a person who tries to “blend” both spiritual and material worlds together and make them interact like they did before the corruption of magic. The Mystic has a natural connection to the spirit world. She did not choose to channel mystical energies, more often than not, she was chosen by the same spirits she binds.
Classlevel Special

1st Bonus metamagic feat
MINOR access to All domain and main mystical philosophy domain

2nd

3rd MINOR access to a new domain (or MAJOR access to main philosophy domain)

4th

5th Bonus metamagic feat
MAJOR access to a domain (or new MINOR)

6th MINOR access to a new domain
7th MAJOR access to All domain
8th
9th MAJOR access to a domain (or new MINOR)

10th Bonus metamagic feat
MINOR access to a new domain
11th
12th MAJOR access to a domain (or new MINOR)
13th MINOR access to a new domain
14th
15th Bonus metamagic feat

16th MINOR access to a new domain
17th
18th MAJOR access to a domain (or new MINOR)
19th MINOR access to a new domain
20th Bonus metamagic feat
MINOR access to a new domain

Hit Die: D8

Class skills:
Concentration (Con), Hypnosis (Int), Knowledge (ancient languages, forbidden lore) (Int), and a choice of two other skills one being amongst Profession.

Class features:
Weapons, Mystic Weave, Turn or Rebuke Undead, Chaotic, Evil, Good and Lawful Spell are the same as in MotRD.

Starting Domains:
A Mystic starts with minor access to the All Domain and she never has to devote a “slot” to gain Major access. When she reaches 7th level, her studies have taken her there regardless of other Domains she might have chosen in the past.

The Mystic may also choose another Domain to which she has Minor access at 1st level. This Domain reflects the character’s main mystical philosophy (represented with the +1 in the spells per day chart, Table 2 – 19 : Mystic Spells Per Day, p.76 of MotRD). If the Mystic does not progress to the Major spells of her main philosophy, she loses the “+1” bonus to her daily Major spells.

Spontaneous Casting (with a Cost):
Spontaneous Casting (with a Cost) functions the same way as the Cleric ability in the Player’s Handbook, except for these restrictions.

- The Mystic must have access to the Healing (if Good) or Destruction (if Evil) Domains and spells.

- For Good characters, from 1st to 7th level, the Mystic may decide to substitute a Domain spell for a healing spell of the same level or lower. The character casts the spell in the same way she would cast any spell but must pay for it with Hit Points (2 HP per spell level, minimum 1 damage, no Save allowed). The changes made to the mystical energies used put a strain on the caster’s body. Starting at 8th level, the Mystic may substitute any spell for a healing spell, but if the spell comes from a Domain other than the main domain of the caster, the cost is higher (3 HP per spell level, minimum 3, no Save allowed).

- For Evil characters, from 1st to 7th level, the Mystic may decide to substitute a Domain spell for a Destruction spell of the same level or lower. The character casts the spell in the same way she would cast any spell but must pay for it with Hit Points (1 HP per spell level, minimum 1, no Save allowed). The changes made to the mystical energies used put a strain on the caster’s body. Starting at 8th level, the Mystic may substitute any spell for a Destruction spell, but if the spell comes from a Domain other than the main domain of the caster the cost is higher (2 HP / spell level, minimum 2, no Save).

The lower cost in HP for Evil characters is mainly due to the fact that magic through the ages has been corrupted and it has become easier to use it for evil than for good. But the major downside is that the Powers Check for casting such a spell is tripled. So a 4th level spell cast spontaneously has 12% chance of attracting the attention of the Red Death.

- A neutral character gets to choose at 1st level which kind of Spontaneous Casting she wants to perform (Healing or Destruction) with the appropriate drawbacks.

Abstracted:
The penalties apply to the same skills and Initiative, but are changed as follow:
-1st level: -1
-5th level: -2
-10th level: -3
-15th level: -4
-20th level: -5

Abstracted also modifies the Prognostication, Psychometry and Sixth Sense skills if the Mystic has ranks in it as follow:
-3rd level: +1
-12th level: +2
-18th level: +3

Domain progression:
On a personal note, the domain acquisition rule in the MotRD book was causing my players and me some major problems (no pun intended). Using it, as is, the system meant only having access to a couple of spells from 1st to 7th level until you gained access to Major spells. Or you could choose to gain spells from other domains, but had to forget about learning Major spells ever from a dropped Domain. I tried to rectify this by making a Domain progression for the Mystic class (and sub-classes). It gives roughly the same amount of access to Minor and Major Domains but the lower levels are more interesting from a spellcasting point of view (at least in my opinion).

Whenever they gain a new level, the Mystic (and sub-classes) may choose to learn a Minor Domain instead of following the Mystic Domain progression table and “hang in there” and study her Minor Domain until her knowledge is sufficient to learn its Major spells (and be able to move on in her Domain progression), but she then loses Major access to that Domain forever.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mystic Medium

Mystic - Medium:

Whereas the Mystic binds mystical energies, the Medium is often immersed in them, possessed by them. The Medium’s powers come from forces beyond the grave, more specifically from the souls of the departed.

Classlevel Special

1st MINOR and MAJOR access to Divination Domain
2nd MINOR access to an Ethos, Morality, Magical Knowledge path
3rd Speak with Spirits
MINOR or MAJOR access to an Ethos, Morality or Magical Knowledge path
4th MINOR access to a new Domain
5th MAJOR access to a Domain
6th
7th MINOR or MAJOR access to an Ethos, Morality, Magical Knowledge path OR MINOR access to a new Domain
8th
9th MAJOR access to a Domain
10th
11th MINOR or MAJOR access to a Death, Ethos, Morality or Magical Knowledge path
12th
13th MINOR access to a new Domain
14th
15th MINOR or MAJOR access to a Death, Ethos, Morality, Magical Knowledge path
16th MINOR access to a new Domain
17th
18th MAJOR access to a Domain
19th MINOR access to a new Domain
20th MINOR access to a new DomainMAJOR access to a Domain

Class skills:
Concentration (Con), Hypnosis (Int), Knowledge (ancient languages, forbidden lore) (Int), and a choice of two other skills one being amongst Profession.

Class features:
Weapons and Mystic Weave are the same as in MotRD.

Starting Domains:
A Medium starts with minor access to the Divination Domain and she never has to devote a “slot” to gain Major access. When she reaches 7th level, her studies have taken her there regardless of other Domains she might have chosen in the past.

The Medium may also choose another Domain to which she has Minor access at 2nd level. This Domain reflects the character’s main mystical path (represented with the +1 in the spells per day chart, Table 2 – 21 : Medium Spells Per Day, p.78 of MotRD). At 1st level, the character uses that “empty” +1 spell in conjunction with the Divination Domain.

Domain progression:
See the Mystic’s Domain Progression.

Paths:
A Medium, while free to choose some of its studied Domains, must heed the voices of the Spirits at certain times. These are called Paths. Paths form the natural evolution of spellcasting through the channeling of spirits of the departed. Each Path is tied to two Domains and when the Medium advances to levels 2, 3, 11 and 15, she must choose her spells from one of those Domains. Level 7 gives an option to the Medium.

Here are the Paths (with their respective Domains): Death (Death / Necromancy), Ethos (Chaos / Law), Morality (Evil / Good) and Magical Knowledge (Knowledge / Magic). Obviously, the Ethos and Morality Domains are chosen to reflect one’s own personality. Neutral characters choose as they wish but cannot possess conflicting Domains.

Speak With Spirit:
Speak with Spirit works the same way as in MotRD with the following changes or adjustments:

-The signal takes 1D10 + 1 round to manifest;

-To contact a specific Spirit: DC 10 + HD of Spirit + 1 per 5 years since death. Range stays the same (A medium, in possession of an object that belonged to the deceased, can use the Psychometry skill to “read” the item and if the check succeeds by 10 or more, lowers the Speak With Spirit DC by 5);

-To contact the nearest Spirit: DC 10 + 1 per 100ft + 1 per 10 years since death (A medium having succeeded a Sixth Sense skill check by 10 or more, lowers the DC by 5);

-When the Spirit manifests, the Medium is allowed a Sense Motive check to feel if the Spirit is angry, restless, sad, etc. (This gives a general sense of the mood of the Spirit, not its Alignment): DC: 10 + HD of Spirit + Bluff rank + Cha modifier (A Medium with 5 ranks in Sixth Sense lowers the check by 5);

-Using Speak With Spirit requires a 1% Powers Check.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mystic Shaman

Mystic - Shaman:
Classlevel Special

1st MINOR access to Plant or Animal domainWild Empathy

2nd Animal Companion

3rd Nature Sense

4th MINOR access to a new domain

5th Woodland Stride

6th MAJOR access to a domain

7th MINOR access to a new domain

8th Trackless step

9th MAJOR access to a domain

10th MINOR access to a new domain

11th Venom immunity

12th MAJOR access to a domain

13th MINOR access to a new domain

14th Animal Kinship (1/day)

15th MAJOR access to a domain

16th MINOR access to a new domainAnimal Kinship (2/day)

17th

18th MAJOR access to a domainAnimal Kinship (2/day) (Large)

19th MINOR access to a new domain

20th MINOR access to a new domainAnimal Kinship (3/day) (Large)

Class skills:
Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Handle Animal (Cha), Hypnosis (Int), Jump (Str), Knowledge (ancient languages, forbidden lore, nature) (Int), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str).

Weapons, Mystic Weave, Starting Domains and Turn or Rebuke Domain Spirits are the same as in MotRD.

Shaman Bonus Abilities:

-1st level: Wild Empathy

-2nd level: Animal Companion (Ability works as one level lower
when considering the animal’s abilities.)

-3rd level: Nature Sense

-5th level: Woodland Stride

-8th level: Trackless Step

-11th level: Venom Immunity

-14th level: Animal kinship (This ability functions like Wild Shape except the Shaman may only take the form of his animal companion.)

All abilities function as the Druid abilities found in the Player’s Handbook, except where noted.

Domain progression:
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mystic - Spiritualist

Mystic - Spiritualist:
Classlevel Special

1st MINOR access to Knowledge Domain
Bonus skill focus feat (Knowledge)
Methodical bonus +1

2nd MAJOR access to Knowledge Domain

3rd MINOR access to new Domain

4th MAJOR access to Domain

5th Bonus skill focus feat (Knowledge)Methodical bonus +2

6th MINOR access to new Domain

7th MAJOR access to Domain

8th MINOR access to new Domain

9th MAJOR access to Domain

10th Bonus skill focus feat (Knowledge)

11th MINOR access to new Domain

12th MAJOR access to Domain

13th MINOR access to new Domain

14th MAJOR access to Domain

15th Bonus skill focus feat (Knowledge)Methodical bonus +3

16th MINOR access to new Domain

17th MAJOR access to Domain

18th MINOR access to new Domain

19th MAJOR access to Domain

20th Bonus skill focus feat (Knowledge)
MINOR access to new Domain
MAJOR access to Domain

Class skills:
Academician (Wis), Concentration (Con), Hypnosis (Int), Knowledge (ancient languages, forbidden lore, science, earth science) (Int). And a choice of one other Knowledge skill out of: Archeology, Cryptology or History.

Weapons, Mystic Weave and Starting Domains are the same as in MotRD.

Skill Focus Feats:
The Spiritualist gains Skill Focus (Knowledge) at 1st level and every five levels after that instead of a meta-magic feat like the Mystic.

Perfectionist:
The same as in MotRD, except that at 1st level, because the Spiritualist is so thorough in his spellcasting, she gains a +1 bonus to her spell DC. This bonus increases to +2 at 5th level and +3 at 15th level. But, being so precise means her spellcasting time is doubled.

Domain progression:

COMING UP NEXT: THE ATHLETE (it's almost done really).
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Questions?

Hello,

I would like some feedback about I handled the Dandy contacts and Domain progression for Mystic classes (were you as confused reading it as I was writing it? :) ).

I can see quite a few people have looked at what I did and I appreciate it.

I am getting near the end of this. The Tradesman classes are giving me a hard time as I am trying to make them different from the other classes without repeating some of this stuff as far as skills and feats go (mind you the Performer is going well).

Any other comments are welcomed!

And as usual, feel free to correct my English if it needs to!

Patrick
Ronia Sun
Arch-villain
Arch-villain
Location: Laramie, Wyoming, gearing up for another looong winter...

Post by Ronia Sun »

I haven't had time to more than glance over what you have here, but I like it. There always seemed to me to be something lacking in the mechanics of the MotRD classes...:D Nice job! I'll almost certainly refer back to this if I ever get a MotRD campaign off the ground!
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual. --Terry Pratchett
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Thanks for the kind words Ronia!

Once this is over (maybe a couple of weeks AT THE MOST) (I hope...) I will make one document with all the classes and skills and feats. This should make it easier to read too! Obviously this is in a perfect world... :roll:

Patrick

PS: Just thought of this now. If some people really hate what I am doing here and are too shy to tell me. Justy PM me with some polite explanation why you think this sucks. I am serious.
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Blake_Alexander »

So far everything I've seen of your work on this subject has been very well thought out. I can tell that it's taken a great investiment of time on your part.

I do have a question regarding your project, will you be terminating the project once you've completed the core class or wil you be going on to work on some of the prestige classes that are listed in the book? From what I've seen they could use as much work as the core classes.

Either way, I'm sure that you work has been a great benefit to many of us here.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Damn you Blake!

:)

Actually, I had read the PrCl a while ago and I sort remembered them being ok. Hum... As a question of personal taste, I will be redoing some of them probably... Oy!

How about the Forbidden Antiquarian? I am serious. (well, not serious about the name.) But aside from spellcasting, I see a lot of redundant things between the For. Loremaster and Antiq. Pr Cl.

So I will probably revamp a couple of them.

I gotta go!

Thanks to everybody for the kind words and interest!

Patrick
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Athletes

Athletes.

I thought the Athletes were getting an amazing amount of Combat-Feats as opposed to spellcasters who were lucky to get 4 metamagic feats (if any!). And low HP. I know magic is tough on GE, but it seemed as if magic users were really getting the short end of the stick. So I cut out a lot of Combat-Feats. Also, the Shootist gets to choose which feats she wants out of a list. (A question of personal taste really.) And everybody needs to meet up prereq for bonus feats!

I think that's it...

Athlete:
Level Special

1st Sports focus
2nd
3rd
4th Bonus feat or sports focus
5th
6th
7th Sports focus
8th
9th
10th Bonus feat or sports focus
11th
12th
13th Sports focus
14th
15th
16th Bonus feat or sports focus
17th
18th
19th Bonus feat or sports focus
20th
Hit Dice: D12

Class skills:

Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Equestrian (Dex), Escape Artist (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Profession: Athlete (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Rope (Dex).

Class features:
Weapons are the same as in MotRD.

Sports Focus Feat:
Sports focus is the same as in MotRD with the difference that a skill affected by the Sport focus feat becomes automatically a class skill for the Athlete if it isn’t already.

Bonus Feats:
Same as in MotRD except remove Diligent and add Diehard, Great Fortitude, Lightning Reflexes to the list of feats.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Explorer / Scout

Athlete – Explorer / Scout :
level Special

1st Bonus feat or ability
2nd
3rd
4th Bonus feat or ability
5th
6th
7th Bonus feat or ability
8th
9th
10th Bonus feat or ability
11th
12th
13th Bonus feat or ability
14th
15th
16th Bonus feat or ability
17th
18th
19th Bonus feat or ability
20th
Hit Dice: D12

Class skills:
Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (gunsmith) (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Equestrian (Dex), Handle Animal (Wis), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently1 (Dex), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex) and Use Rope (Dex).

The skills Hide and Move Silently are considered class skills while in the wilderness. In any urban area, it is considered a cross-class skill and its rank is halved and rounded down.

Class features:
Weapons are the same as in MotRD. Bonus Feats and Abilities are also the same, except that the Explorer / Scout must meet all prerequisites to gain any feat or ability.

Social Consequences:
On top of what is listed on p. 66 of MotRD, the Explorer / Scout suffers a -4 penalty to the Bluff skill when dealing with “city people”.

Depending on the situation, the Explorer / Scout may have a +2 bonus to an Intimidate check while dealing with “pampered city people” (DM call).
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Athlete - Shootist
level Special

1st Combat feat
2nd Combat feat
3rd
4th Combat feat
5th
6th
7th Combat feat
8th
9th
10th Combat feat
11th
12th
13th Combat feat
14th
15th
16th Combat feat
17th
18th
19th Combat feat
20th
Hit die: D12

Class skills:
Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (gunsmith) (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Tumble (Dex) and Use Rope (Dex).

Combat feats:
At 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, 16th and 19th level, the Shootist gets a bonus combat feat. The Shootist has a choice of two types of firearms to specialize in: Longarm or handgun.

The character chooses a combat feat from the appropriate list of feats and must have the prerequisites (if any) to gain the bonus combat feat.

Longarm: Called Shot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Precise Shot (Improved), Rapid Shot, Ricochet Shot, Shot on the Run, Trick Shot, Weapon Focus, Weapon Focus (Greater), Weapon Specialization and Weapon Specialization (Greater).

Handgun: Called Shot, Disarming Shot, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Precise Shot (Improved), Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Ricochet Shot, Shot on the Run, Trick Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Fighting (Improved), Two-Weapon Fighting (Greater), Weapon Focus, Weapon Focus (Greater), Weapon Specialization and Weapon Specialization (Greater).
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Here is the Soldier.

I think I've found my angle on the Tradesman, just need the Mechanic now. See you soon!

Athlete – Soldier
Level Special

1st Combat feat
2nd Combat feat
3rd
4th Combat feat
5th
6th
7th Combat feat
8th
9th
10th Combat feat
11th
12th
13th Combat feat
14th
15th
16th Combat feat
17th
18th
19th Combat feat
20th
Hit die: D12

Class skills:
Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Gunsmith) (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Equestrian (Dex), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Demolition, Local, Military history) (Int), Search (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Rope (Dex).

Combat feats:
At 1st, 2nd, 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, 16th and 19th level, the Soldier gets a bonus combat-oriented feat from the following list:

Archery, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Far Shot, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Improved Unarmed Strike, Martial Weapon proficiency, Mobility, Mounted Combat, Mounted Firearm, Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Precise Shot, Quick Draw, Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Ride-By-Attack, Run, Shield Proficiency, Spirited Charge, Spring Attack, Trample, Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Fighting (Improved), Two-Weapon Fighting (Greater), Weapon Focus, Weapon Focus (Greater), Weapon Specialization, Weapon Specialization (Greater) and Whirlwind Attack.

The character must meet the prerequisites (if any) to gain the combat feat.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Tradesman

Aftr all this time, the Tradesman... It should be fully posted by the end of the evening...

I think I found a good balance...

The Mechanic is fairly similar... What I had worked on was too far off from the original so I stuck to something closer to the 3.5 version.

Tradesman:
Class level Special

1st Bonus skill focus feat: Profession or Craft
2nd
3rd Bonus skill focus feat: Profession or Craft
4th Trade contacts (+4)
5th
6th Bonus feat
7th Trick of the Trade
8th Trade contacts (+6)
9th
10th Bonus feat
11th Trick of the Trade
12th Trade contacts (+8 )
13th
14th Trick of the Trade
15th Bonus feat
16th Trade contacts (+10)
17th Trick of the trade
18th
19th
20th Trick of the Trade

Hit die: D10

Skills:
Appraise, Craft (see list below – Alchemy may only be taken at 5th level), Equestrian, Handle animal, Knowledge (local, navigation), profession (see list below) Search, Spot and Use rope.

Class features:
Weapon proficiency is the same as in MotRD.

Bonus skill focus feat (Profession or Craft):
To be chosen amongst the Tradesman’s Profession or Craft skills.

Trade Contacts:
As the Tradesman acquires more and more skill and / or fortune with her craft, she can visit other Tradesmen in other cities and use her contacts as a sort of Gather Information skill. Treat the Trade Contacts ability as if the character had skill ranks in the following skills: Gather Information and Knowledge (local) (any city the character is in). The ranks increase as follows: 4 ranks at 4th level, 6 ranks at 8th level, 8 ranks at 12th level and 10 ranks at 16th level.

The Tradesman may only contact in this manner other Tradesman with whom she shares a skill. The skill must also be maxed out. For example, John Porter, a 5th level Tradesman from Halifax, Canada, is visiting the city of Chicago on some Die Wächtern business: A strange book written in an unknown language has been found at the location of a mysterious death. Porter doesn’t know anybody in Chicago, but because he possesses the bookbinding skill with 8 ranks (his maximum), he decides to visit some librarians in the city. At the end of the day, he then makes his Trade Contacts roll: D20 + 4 (his Trades Contacts rank) + Cha Mod.

Bonus Feats:
To be chosen amongst the following list: Athletic, Deft Hands, Great Fortitude, Negotiator, Skill Focus, Toughness.

Tricks of the Trade
As she goes along in her career, the Tradesman picks up tricks of the trade. The character learns to draw from her multiple experiences across different yet similar fields so she can use them to her best advantage.

For this, the Tradesman chooses two class Profession or Craft skills, one designated as the Primary skill and a second designated as the Secondary skill. The Primary must be at least equal to the Tradesman’s level, while the Secondary must be at least half the Primary rounded down.

Once she has figured out ways to improve her activities in those fields, she gets a +3 bonus to both skills.

The Tradesman gets to choose a Trick of the Trade at levels 7th, 11th, 14th, 17th and 20th.

The character may not ‘’double-up’’ on Tricks of the Trade, meaning she cannot choose Apothecary as a Primary and Alchemy as a Secondary at 7th level and then, at 11th level, Alchemy as a Primary and Apothecary as a Secondary. BUT, she can choose Apothecary twice, at 7th and 11th level. She would only gain the +3 bonus once, but she could choose Alchemy as a Secondary at 7th level and First aid as a Secondary at 11th level.

Here is a list of skills to choose a Primary skill from followed by a Secondary skill in brackets. (This list may be expanded.)

Professions:
Apothecary (Alchemy or First aid), boater, bookkeeper (Academician), brewer (Connoisseur), cook (Connoisseur), driver (Equestrian), engineer (Architecture), farmer (Knowledge: Nature), fisher (Survival), guide (Survival), herbalist (Knowledge: Toxicology, Botany or Agriculture), herder (Handle animal), hunter (Special: The character may choose the Weapon proficiency feat), innkeeper (Gather information), locksmith (Open lock or Disable Device), lumberjack (Survival), miller, miner (Knowledge: Geology), nurse (First aid), photographer (Craft: Photography), porter, railroad engineer (Craft: Steam engines), rancher (Handle animal), sailor (Knowledge: Navigation), scribe (Craft: Bookbinding; Knowledge: Ancient Languages, Cryptology, Forbidden Lore or History, or Calligraphy), siege, stable hand (Handle animal), tanner, teamster, woodcutter.

Craft skills:
Alchemy (Apothecary or First aid), armoursmithing (Special: The character may choose the Weapon proficiency feat, or an appropriate Knowledge skill [medieval armours]), basketweaving, bookbinding (See Scribe), bowmaking (Special: Weapon proficiency: Bow), blacksmithing, calligraphy (See Scribe), carpentry, cobbling, gemcutting (Appraise), gunsmithing (Special: The character may choose the Weapon proficiency feat), leatherworking, locksmithing (Open Lock or Disable Device), masonry (Architecture), needlework & tailor, painting (Knowledge: Art History), photography (Profession: Photographer), pottery, sculpting, shipmaking (Profession: Sailor, Knowledge: Navigation), stone masonry, trapmaking (Survival), weaponsmithing (Special: The character may choose the Weapon proficiency feat), weaving.