Perfect Memory Feats question...

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Perfect Memory Feats question...

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hi,

My MotRD personal conversion is coming along even though it was slowed down by the holiday season.

I do have a question. I don't know if I missed it somewhere, but I am confused by the Feats Perfect Memory Auditory and Visual. The book says you have to make an Intelligence check to succeed a perfect recall of something you saw or heard.

But the DCs are as high as 45 (!).

Am I missing something?

I am thinking of applying it this way: Once you take the feat, you automatically gain a +5 bonus and is treated as a class-skill to which you have to add skill points to.

(I was thinking of a simple +3 bonus, but this is a feat that keeps on costing you skill points, so...)

Patrick
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Help!

Please...

:)

Patrick
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Blake_Alexander »

My understanding is that it's fairly simple to remember something perfectly that happened a short time ago, but it get's far more difficult as time progresses...I find this to be fairly realistic, given my own experiences.

I agree that having an option to put ranks into this ability might be benificial for certain characters, but overall, must my players would ignore it. Perhaps you could give a character who takes this feat a special skill that then becomes a class skill...something akin to memory skills.

Such a skill would become a selectable skill if either Perfect Memory, Auditory or Visual was taken. I wouldn't, however, give bonuses to the skill if both Feats were selected.