Staunton Bluffs V: The Final Choice

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg readies himself as it looks like Alain knows this satyr and looks like there maybe some fun!

Brethana moves to Alain and removes her Great Sword from the sheath on her back and holds it in front of her lazily, but gripping it tightly, ready in case the satyr tries anything. "Just say the word Alain and this cretin dies!" She says in a low voice to Alain
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise stares hard at Lodissio after hearing Alain's information, but he's not surprised.
Rafael wrote:"Now, I repeat, what are you doing here? - Your mission has failed, and we have found the grave already on our own. You can have a place among those who are saved, though, if you lay down your weapons."
He says, "And where are you going? What is this land of salvation?"

At the strange, mournful sound, Blaise instinctively takes two steps back in the direction of the sound -- but he stops, keeping his attention on Lodissio and the others who have gathered. "Well? What is on the other side of the portal? Tempers are high, and nerves are frayed, but don't let your anger blind you -- we can all survive this nightmare."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:At the strange, mournful sound, Blaise instinctively takes two steps back in the direction of the sound -- but he stops, keeping his attention on Lodissio and the others who have gathered. "Well? What is on the other side of the portal? Tempers are high, and nerves are frayed, but don't let your anger blind you -- we can all survive this nightmare."
"Well said," seconds Master Fallenleaf, stepping forward. "Lodissio. I am Master Fallenleaf. Master Blaise's question is a good one--where are you going? And whose grave have you found?"

At the sound of weeping from behind him, he glances over his shoulder; seeing that Lodissio and those with him ignore the sound, he asks, "Who is it who weeps?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil doesn't pay much attention on Lodisio, she focuses on the wizards that casted the ritual. The young woman has already understand that they are concentrated for keeping the portal open. She doesn't like that though. Inovidil has seen wizards create a sort of magic doors which lead not far away. She has seen her father, lord Kaving, teleport her and others in a different place at very long distance. She has also heard that some very powerful wizards can create even gates to other planes as well. But she has never seen or heard a portal which should be held from so many spellcasters. For needing so much spell energy to keep it open, might mean only two things for Inovidil, or that the portal leads in a place very far away, or that many people want to pass through it.

As the evoker hears the strange sound, a quizical look gets his face. It's odd, the wizards need to be concentreted to continue the ritual and that strange sound should bother them too. So she keeps looking around in order to see and even better understand what will happen next, holding her staff in defence mode. She is quite sure that this Lodisio would do something to stop the sound though.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Rafael wrote:Lodissio, the satyr, quietly turns around and draws an axe from the pack on his back.

"What are you doing here?" - He completely ignores Blaise, and focuses on Alain, who is threatening him with the showel...

Why are you calling me a traitor, lad? - I saved your butt more than one time, and you left me alone against Torrence Bleysmith's vampric servants!
- Now, I repeat, what are you doing here? - Your mission has failed, and we have found the grave already on our own. You can have a place among those who are saved, though, if you lay down your weapons."
"True..." Alain replies to the satyr.
"Yes, you have saved my 'Butt' many times. You also left us behind when we needed you most. How many of the people you vowed to guide are here with us right now? Shana and myself...Hell I don't even remember the names of our comrades who have died along the way!" Alain says with tears welling up in his eyes.
"The only thing you had to do was show the way...And you LEFT US!"
The shovel shakes in his hand as his emotions seam to spill over.
"You [ :D chose your own happy cuss word :D ]! Why should we ever trust You again!?"

It has never been before so apparent that Alain has been losing his grip on sanity. His body quivers in fear of what he might do to his former freind Lodissio, and out of passionate anger at what the Satyr's carelessness has wrought him and his freinds who have been lost along the way.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana steps forward, putting one hand on Alain's arm

"we were seperated by those strange worlds. It's no one's fault. Well, THAT is no one's fault. However..."

She glares at Lodissio suddenly

"I recall being hired to map the rural area of Staunton Bluffs. Found the grave without us? what grave? What vampire servants? What were all these changes of place and time? I think your initial briefing was a little.... sketchy. And now you seem to be utterly destroying the place!"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg studies the portal and the mages, ready for trouble if need be.He cocks his handcrossbow , ready to shoot if Lodissio tries anything.

Brethana stands by Alain, GreatSword still lazily in her grip but now glaring at Lodissio..... whispers to Alain"Do we attack this Lodossio or wait to see what he does?"..
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Ken of Ghastria wrote: He says, "And where are you going? What is this land of salvation?"
"To a better place. A land without mists - no paradise, but a better world, where we are not the pawn of those who rule here - like him."

Lodissio waves his hand to the dancing figure in the sky.
BigBadQDaddy wrote: "You [ :D chose your own happy cuss word :D ]! Why should we ever trust You again!?"
Lodissio's red eyes pierce through Alain as he hisses his answer:

"I don't except you to trust me, Mr Guichard. If you keep that ignorant attitude, I expect you to die."
Nathan of the FoS wrote:"Who is it who weeps?"
Before the grim satyr can answer, Moorkroft hastes around the corner, and noone can stop him...

You have seen her a hundred times before.

Her face in your dreams and prayers.

Pictures of her on every altair you visited since you were a child.

And there she is pale, and cold, and beautiful.

And there are her children next to her, numb and fainting, trying to pull her out of the blood-encrusted chains that bind her to the blackened walls of Castle Stonecrest. Two dancing spectres in the night.

About thirty meters before you, in the middle of hundreds of shards of glass, a strange construction holds the body of an albino woman. Long crystal needles have been pressed through her flesh and drain her blood from her veins to a smaller, black relief-like structure.

From that structure, a red pentagram paved into the stone ground, small rivers of blood run towards the magic portal...

Ezra.

What you see before you is nothing else but the living, breathing body of the Maiden of the Mists.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

JUDGEMENT DAY , SINNERS!

Post by ewancummins »

:azalin:
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana is torn for a moment by the vision of freedom, but the sight of the tortured woman sends fire into her eyes. She begins swaying, hands parting in front of her, and a streeam of shimmering ruby and gold balls swirl in entrancing patterns around the guards

[Hypnotic Pattern on the group of armed men]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

At Jamethon's shout Master Fallenleaf's head snaps around, and he runs toward the sound of the voice. As he comes into view of the Lady of Tears and sees her broken body enchained there, he curses once.

"Quick!" he shouts back to the group. "Two or three of you, help Jamethon free her! Lodissio, if that is what you call yourself, what is your reason for this abomination? Cease now or be destroyed!"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Outrun the Devil
Give me will and speed
And dispatch the Evil
Before it completes its Deed!"

Alain recites this poem to himself, while casting Haste upon himself.
If He is able to (meaning still alive) next round will cast Daze upon Lodissio, then He will move in for attack with his (sigh) trusty shovel.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Never before had Jarryd seen a woman such as the one he is seeing now. Who is she and what is she doing up there?

It seems my companions are well familiar with her since it causes great exitament to watch her suffer.

Not sure wether to attack or wait to see things unfold , Jarryd draws his scimitar and waits there to see what is he going to attack and if that something is going to attack back.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil gasps as her feeling becomes true. So many wizards were actually need to hold the portal which lead away from Ravenloft. Her very first thought was to run through the portal, towards the freedom. Whereever this portal might lead, from there she could probably find away to turn back to her home plane, to her family. This thought make her heart beat faster, but the young witch dismisses it. She cannot abandon her companions and a whole land jsut for save herself.

Knowing that she cannot be very useful to the battle, Inovidil waves her hands and looking one last time towards the portal runs to help Jamethon free Ezra. Afterall she is a god and if they manage to save her she could probably send her back to her homeland.

OOC1> Mage armor
OOC2> If we are hasted and Inovidil has another action she will cautiously try to move the needles too.
Last edited by VAN on Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!