Marais de Tarascon: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude blanched as she heard the name of the departing seigneur. Now she gave a frosty look to the group around the instigator, including Serd. Whether he was associated or not, she couldn’t afford to be associated with them, especially at this moment in time.

But perhaps she could help tip her request in her direction. “Excuse me,” she said to the maitre d’hotel, as she glided her determined way towards the group. Raising her voice, she icily said to George, “Excuse me, sir, but a friend of mine is related to the proprietors of this establishment. You are about to cost her family business by your little display. And please do not insult our intelligence by pretending lack of knowledge on the matter, when even a child could see through your pathetic attempt at nonchalance. Everyone in Souragne knows the Misroi family would hardly engage in such a blatant, ignorant disregard for custom and law.

“May I suggest that you return to your inn, not only for my friend’s sake, but your own? Because word of this will get around, and follow you wherever you go.” She looked around at his companions, including Serd. “It might be wise if your friends accompany you.”

Serd can always go invisible and follow us out of the town. But the sooner we leave this dunce behind, the better for all of us…
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Pardon me Madamoiselle, these are not my friends, and I'll take your advice KINDLY" George says coldly, gets up and leaves. He gets his cloak and heads back towards the Inn. Walking in the shadows he morphs into the form of a male elf(of which he has been seen around town as well)And heads to his other room, to change clothing. He dons nicer clothing and appears much more respectable. Leaving the Inn he heads back towards the Coq Noir, this time 1 blade visible, the other not. Now "Seaven" enters the Inn.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude disregarded the departing man, as if he were beneath her notice, turning to the others that had been around him. “My apologies,” she remarked, nodding to each of them, including Serd, as if she did not know him. “I did not mean to malign any of you by association.” She gave a curtsey to them as a group, then departed. As she did, she paused by the counter beside the bartender, producing her purse once more. “If you could please bring those gentlemen another round of whatever drinks they are having, I would appreciate it,” she said.

Serd and his bodyguard- whichever man that was- would certainly be staying. The other was likely a complete stranger, and it would be wise to smooth any ruffled feathers. Once she had paid, she returned to the entrance, waiting to see if the anchorite would see her.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Seaven enters the Inn, nods politely to Gertrude. "Evening milady" he says politely, and waits for a valet. He shakes the water off of his coat, removing and handing it to the valet. "Thank you. Might I have a table for dinner and possibly some gaming afterwards my good man?"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Llana wrote:Gertrude disregarded the departing man, as if he were beneath her notice, turning to the others that had been around him. “My apologies,” she remarked, nodding to each of them, including Serd, as if she did not know him. “I did not mean to malign any of you by association.” She gave a curtsey to them as a group, then departed. As she did, she paused by the counter beside the bartender, producing her purse once more. “If you could please bring those gentlemen another round of whatever drinks they are having, I would appreciate it,” she said.

Serd and his bodyguard- whichever man that was- would certainly be staying. The other was likely a complete stranger, and it would be wise to smooth any ruffled feathers. Once she had paid, she returned to the entrance, waiting to see if the anchorite would see her.
"Thank you, madame," the maitre d'hotel says as she gives him the card and a coin; his demeanor makes it clear that he is terribly embarrassed that so refined a lady should have had to witness so unfortunate a scene. "I return in a moment."

He disappears into an interior room, and emerges a few minutes later, smiling broadly. "Madame Larouche will see you now, Madame Kingsley," he says, gesturing Gertrude forward.
Last edited by Nathan of the FoS on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Seaven enters the Inn, nods politely to Gertrude. "Evening milady" he says politely, and waits for a valet. He shakes the water off of his coat, removing and handing it to the valet. "Thank you. Might I have a table for dinner and possibly some gaming afterwards my good man?"
OOC: Just a note--by the time George gets all that stuff done Gertrude will almost certainly be somewhere else. Everything else is OK.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> I was out two days and look what has happened. :lol:

IC> When Draxton enters:

Dadrag seen his employer Draxton Serd enetring the inn, but he doesn't do any sign of identification, since he was not sure that Draxton wants to be seen with him now. As the merchant starts walking towards him smiling, Dadrag understands that he actually wants to talk with him, maybe he wanted him for a job. The ex-assassin don't want to speak for job in front of George, though. So smiling he says:

"Mr Serd, nice to see you here. You are here for a drink I presume. Let me intoduce you George, he is a bodyhuard too."

When Hiro comes:

"Happy to see you again my friend.Do you want to join us for a drink? These are my froend George and Draxton Serd.

When the whole thing between George and the young man begins:

Dadrag keeps himself out of the discussion of the two men. George was embarassing him in front of Hiro and most of all his Richmulotese employer! As he sees the dancing lights above the young's man head shivers and his hands goes immediately to a dagger's hilt. As Darkonese, Dadrag was a bit afraid of spells and wizards and he doesn't like having a wizard amonr them without knowing hios identity. He is feeling vulnerable right now and the ex-assassin hates that feeling.

"I hope this blood wizard stops playing with the patrons and return to his table now." Says loud enough to be heard from the other maen around too.

When Gertrude speaks to them:

Dadrag notices the preocupied tone at Gertrude's voice. He has heard the name Misroi the days he has been to Sournage, but he knows actually nothing about him.

When George leaves:

Dadrag is rather happy George has left, he has gotten the attention of all the inn upon them and the ex-assassins doesn't like that. Turning to Serd, Hiro says:

"I'm really sorry. I have met George only a few hours ago, I didn't know that he was so hot-headed."
Last edited by VAN on Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc : No problems

Seaven gets seated at a table and awaits to be served, observing the patrons and seeing what Dadrag and his friends are doing, Also looking for Mr Rivtoff at the same time. THe waiter approaches his table "What might I serve you sir?" "Well what is the house specialty this evening, good sir?".

Ooc: I have no idea what the food is so go right ahead Nathan LOL
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As the man brings the new round of drinks, Dadrag politely raises his glass thanking Gertrude.

Then turns to Draxton:

"I have heard that name Misroi before sir, do you know who is this family?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

OOC Damn, I finally get around to posting, and don't know where to start. Ah well.

IC Buchvold smiles as he steps in the door. Granted, he had not been able to find Much, but at least he is now armed. An old, beloved longsword is at his side. His smile vanishes as he walks in. Raphael may not be perfect, but he could recognize the atmosphere here . A gambling house is usurally somewhat carefree,with people shouting, ectra, but everyone in this one seemed to be either silent or whispering.

Smothing's gone wrong Buchvold quickly hands oves his somewhat drenched cloak, absentmindedly tips the attendant a gold peice and looks about. Spoting Hiro, he heads over to him.

Best not to talk to the others yet, just in case.

"Sorry to barge in like this Mr. Hiro, but what just happened?"
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Seaven summons a valet to his table. "Pardon me good sir" handing him a silver piece. "WOuld you be so kind as to see if LOrd Rivtoff is here and inform him that Mr Seaven MoonBow is here, if such is the case? Thank you kindly".
Last edited by steveflam on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro observes the performance around him and almost winces at George’s actions. Surely the man had travelled enough to realise the repercussions even simple cantrips could cause.

As Gertrude speaks and then apologises, Hiro keeps his eyes on her. Superiority complex? A rational intelligence? He wasn’t sure. Watching George go, Hiro is reminded of another stranger who had caused trouble.

“You certainly keep interesting company.” He remarks just as Gertrude turns her back to the group “…Sortis-san.”

Reaching for his new drink the traveller watches as Seaven is ushered to his table and Buchvold enters, he takes particular interest in the coin to which they both pay with. Something about the wealth being thrown around tonight was odd.

“Ah Mr Buchvold, we meet again. I hope you are well?” Hiro replies as the wizard interrupts his thoughts “I believe a slight display of temper has taken place. But do not worry. If I may be so bold to ask, what brings you here tonight?”
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

As she waited, Gertrude looked discretely about the room, taking in its surroundings. She nodded her head at Dadrag’s thanks, guessing now that he was Serd’s bodyguard by his continuing proximity to the Richemuloise merchant. His earlier show of relief at the stranger’s departure had been a good sign of his professionalism and common sense. Unless it’s an act of course; not the kind of thing you’d want to have happen right before your employer, she thought with some amused sympathy.

She turned to the maitre d’hotel at his return, smiling warmly at his good news. “Thank you,” she said, and followed him.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Seaven finishes his meal, leaving a few coins on the table and proceeds to the bar, finding a seat and ordering a spirit. Turning to face the room, he leans back a little, arm carelessly on the bar and observes the goings on in the Inn, from the gamblers, to the diners, to the people at the bar and those whom enter and leave.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Slight display of temper? To cause everyone here to become worried? I don't think... oh.

Buchvold looks far from happy.

Please don't say... If so, lingering might not be the best policy

"I'll trust your judgement on that , Hiro." Buchvold replies, trying to keep the fear out of his voice "As to why I'm here, well, I'm afraid I need you to accompany me. A possibly dangerous situation has arisen."

OOC. Hiro is still Buchvold's bodyguard right?