Marais de Tarascon: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon wrote:"I see... So you're in fact the person that started that argument earlier. No need to be afraid of betrayal my friend." Draxton smiles,
"after all, we are together in this. As for secrets, I'm a noble from Richemoulot. I know how to keep secrets. I also hope that you too won't prove foolhardy or openmouthed Tarlyn."

OOC> Draxton is 90% sure that he is a spy for Rivtoff that just said he is so. Draxton tells him he will keep quiet as long as he also keeps his mouth shut. :)
Tarlyn ponders this piece of information. A Nobleman from where? Richemulot. Where is that? Not yet another province in this joke of a hellhole?

I wonder how he and Dadrag met up and what their stories are.I'll keep my ears and eyes open indeed.

Tarlyn looks up at the battering, pounding rain, sighing and shaking his cloak to try to rid himself of the rain pouring down on him.His other sword now reappears on his hip, he feeling secure in the knowledge that his faithful blades accompany him.

"Let us please hurry to our destination, Sir,or I fear this rain will be the death of us all". Tarlyn increases the pace a bit, hoping that Draxton hurries as well to get out of the rain.

Will I be ever so glad to change out of these wet clothes into something more suitable for travelling in the swamp. I think my eyes and ears will be most welcome on our little trek to meet this "Chicken Bone".

Tarlyn peers into the gloom of the night, searching for any tailers or moving shadows, very alert to his surroundings, hands hovering near his hilts, ready at the slightest trouble.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OOC> We are waiting for Dadrag to tell us where Buchvold headed. :)

IC> Draxton follows Tarlyn under a tree so they are protected from the rain until the ex assassin returns.

Eluding to answer why they search for Chicken bone, Draxton replies to the other half of the question. "Yes, I have traveled a lot through the Core and I have visited some lands beyond the mists, like this one. I particularly enjoyed Borca and Dementlieu. Which places have you been to? Have you been in Richemoulot?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn ponders a moment Draxton's answer. So he won't say who Chicken Bone. There is more going on here than meets the eye.

"Well in the 4 years I've been in these lands, I've been to Barovia,Kartakass and Darkon, yes, that place makes you lose your memory.I'm almost positive that Lord Rivtoff even knows this and took advantage of the fact before my memory had returned completely. I've been to other places as well but didn't stay long enough to learn their names. I do know one place town/city was I think it was Har Thelen or something like that. I Do rememeber elves lived here and after i left this town i travelled a few days, and spied a huge keep. I kept moving and eventually left this province to others.I dont think Ive been to RIchemulot unles I passed through it Sir"

Well a tree is better than nothing I suppose it'll have to do for now. Hopefully Dadrag will be here soon so we can go inside and get ready to meet this Chicken Bone
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

From a dark corner of a building, Dadrag spots the Borcan and the samurai walking. The ex-assassin smiles and from a pocket gets out and wears a headband. Then he looks around, making sure that nobody is watching him, he shifts the ring at his right hand. Immediately he becomes 5.10, blond with brown eyes wearing a good quality dark green cloak over his black outfit.

Moving as silent as he can and hidding behind houses and trees Dadrag follows Buchvold and Hiro. The ex-assassin keeps a safe distance from them since he knows that Hiro's keen eyes may notice him. The dark and the rain would have made more difficult his task, but at least with his headband the mercenary manage to see as if it was daylight.

OOC> Dadrag has a headband of darkvision. :)
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude returned the anchorite's warm smile, and said, “Then we shall dine at the place of your choice, and continue it then.” She then engaged in a little small talk until Rolande’s return. Saying her goodbyes once more to Jeanne Larouche, she turned to follow the young man back into the main hall.

She looked around, slightly relieved to see that Buchvold and Serd had departed and distanced themselves even farther from the earlier debacle. She smiled as she saw Crow, and remarked, “There’s one of them right now…”

She approached the bard, and when she reached his table, said, “Hello my friend, I’ve explained to our guide that I thought I might spare ourselves the cloak-and-dagger nonsense of pseudonyms, and just agree to keep your identities- and his- anonymous. A fair exchange, I think?”
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Llana wrote:Gertrude returned the anchorite's warm smile, and said, “Then we shall dine at the place of your choice, and continue it then.” She then engaged in a little small talk until Rolande’s return. Saying her goodbyes once more to Jeanne Larouche, she turned to follow the young man back into the main hall.

She looked around, slightly relieved to see that Buchvold and Serd had departed and distanced themselves even farther from the earlier debacle. She smiled as she saw Crow, and remarked, “There’s one of them right now…”

She approached the bard, and when she reached his table, said, “Hello my friend, I’ve explained to our guide that I thought I might spare ourselves the cloak-and-dagger nonsense of pseudonyms, and just agree to keep your identities- and his- anonymous. A fair exchange, I think?”
Rolande bows stiffly at the waist and offers a hand to Crow. "Your servant, m'sieur," he says formally. "I am given to understand you seek a certain gentleman, in company with madame. Shall we depart?"

Raising a quizzical eyebrow at Gertrude, he continues, "You mentioned 'colleagues', madame. Where may we find the other, or others?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro walks Buchvold to the Inn where the wizard has taken residence. Pausing in the foyer he lays himself down in a chair near the fire and beckons for Buchvold to join him.

“It is preferable not to visit your room at this stage. We may have been followed. Instead allow us to rest here for the moment.” At this he places his foot on another chair to stretch his leg “In the meantime perhaps you could tell me more of your homeland to pass the time?”
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag smiles as he sees Buchvold and Hiro finally get in the inn. Without hessitating the ex-assassin goes back and says to Draxton and Tarlyn:

"It's me Draxton, I know where their inn is, follow me please."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Dadrag? Hey it's me George I guess we both can hide ourselves eh?I spoke at length with Lord Draxton here and everything is ok , I'm accompanying you through the swamp"....
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag looks for an instant Draxton as wanting a confirm, then with cold voice says:

"OK then. I hope you not cause further troubles to us there. Now lets go, the inn it's not far away from here."

OOC> Dadrag hasn't forgotten that George has provoked troubles to the inn earlier. Dadrag is professional and he didn't like George's show in front of his emloyer.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc; yep George knows that but its the furtehst thing from his mind actually. He spoke his piece to Draxton and if Draxton is "cool" with him and they have an understanding of sorts. Tarlyn did apologise to Draxton so thats all that matters to him really. :P Can't do nothing about Tarlyns heritage , though he is restraining himself from anything that would cause havoc again. Yay willpower LOL
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

“Hello my friend, I’ve explained to our guide that I thought I might spare ourselves the cloak-and-dagger nonsense of pseudonyms, and just agree to keep your identities- and his- anonymous. A fair exchange, I think?”
"As you think best, Madam," the bard replies, rising politely to his feet. If his collision with the Borcan had indeed left him pained or disheveled, its aftereffects are not in evidence now. No longer is he dressed in the style of a wellborn local, but in nondescript travelers' garb and rain cape, much better suited to a cross-country foray.

Rolande bows stiffly at the waist and offers a hand to Crow. "Your servant, m'sieur," he says formally.
The bard returns the Souragnien's bow, and grips his hand formally. "The honor is mine, sir. I trust your aid will be invaluable in our little midnight stroll."

Raising a quizzical eyebrow at Gertrude, he continues, "You mentioned 'colleagues', madame. Where may we find the other, or others?"
"Allow me to play the guide, sir," the bard offers, "before you claim that role. The others have decamped to a quieter rendezvous, Madam," he adds. "If I may?"

He scoops up his satchel and guitar-case, lays the payment for his coffee beside the empty cup, and gestures for Rolande and Kingsley to follow him into the street.

On the way out the door, he pauses, to glance back at the professor.

"By the by, Madam, I would appreciate your advice on an acquisition I thought might be of possible use. Would you, perhaps, take a look at it on our way? If I'm mistaken as to its true provenance, I'd just as soon not trouble our associates about the matter."

He slings the instrument-case across his back, draws a small wooden coffer from the satchel with the hand thus freed, and offers the container to the Zherisian. Saying no more about it, he nods, turns, and strides out into the rain.

[OOC: Unless Nathan's got something nasty in mind for our short walk to Buchvold's inn, we can probably pick up the pace and assume we all get together there safely. Llana, I'll pm you about what Kingsley finds in the box. (Nothing terribly exciting; Crow's just concealing the item's source, by pretending he's not sure it's for real.)]
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:[OOC: Unless Nathan's got something nasty in mind for our short walk to Buchvold's inn, we can probably pick up the pace and assume we all get together there safely. Llana, I'll pm you about what Kingsley finds in the box. (Nothing terribly exciting; Crow's just concealing the item's source, by pretending he's not sure it's for real.)]
OOC: Nope, nothing horrible. Yet. You can assume the rendezvous is made safely.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude looked down at her own clothing as she saw the bard’s sensible change. Most of her dresses were ‘sensible’ in cut and material; it meant less wear-and-tear and a smaller wardrobe to lug around. Grey…at least it’s a neutral shade; I just wish it were darker. Ah… “Gentlemen, I will ask for a brief detour to my rooms at the Black Ship. I’d like to put on something that’ll serve me better when the rain resumes.”

She turned to Crow at the question about the others’ location, and nodded at his reply. “I’m not surprised, after the little scene earlier…I’ll tell you about it later.” She shook her head in chagrin at the memory. Of all times…

Acquisition? Did he steal it, she wondered with amusement, as she accepted the wooden coffer. “I’ll examine it in my rooms,” she said, as they made their way through the roads to her inn.

She went up to her room alone, and pulled out her own travelling cloak. Just as well that I came here, it’ll certainly serve me better than the other would have. She picked up a small jar of ointment which smelled strongly of citronella oil. That’ll be useful tonight, she thought, placing it into one of her pockets.

Now she reached into her pocket, and pulled out Brother Roeccha’s mysterious coin. Her eyes gleamed with academic avarice as she studied the veve inscribed on it. The Lord of Death, with some variations…this is a find. I'd love to be able to keep this, she thought, taking out her pencil and pad once more. But this will have to do... The professor placed it on a table, and laying the paper over it, hastily copied an impression of it. She repeated the process, and put one copy in the novel beside her bed, and the other she kept on her person with the coin. It was always good to keep an extra copy in case another search was done.

Opening Crow’s box, she blinked. Then she laughed. Clever man…I’d never even thought to ask Jeanne, she thought in rueful admiration. I just hope that we won't have to use it. She examined the seals but was unsurprised to see that they were genuine. She laughed again as she considered how synchronicitous this was, and carefully closed the coffer once more.

She returned downstairs, murmuring her apologies for the delay, and they went out once more, following Crow’s directions to the inn where the others were to be found.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As Dadrag, Draxton and Tarlyn enter in the inn's hall, they immediately spot Buchvold and Hiro resting to the comfortable chairs. At Buchvold's quizzical look, the ex-assassin replies with low voice so only these two can hear him:

"I'm Dadrag Sotris, sir Serd's bodyguard. We have met before, I was to Le Coq noir earlier too..."

Dadrag hopes that Buchvold and Hiro would get why he had changed his appearence.

Only a few minutes later Crow, Gertude and Rolande arrive to the inn too.

"I guess we are all here". Says Dadrag as he studies the newcomers.
- W H A T ! ? !