Tales from the Land of Mists (Comments)

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Tales from the Land of Mists (Comments)

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Ok. Following the Lady Llana's lead, I have decided to place a comments section seperate from the story itself. I hope that you will all leave your thoughts here, but most importanty, that you all have a good time and enjoy the story.

Now I turn this thread over to you, the readers...
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

An intriguing beginning, and as Joel said, a very good description of a ghast. :)
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Thank you kindly, ma'am. I have just entered my latest addition and will probably not be able to add more (but I'll definitely try to) over the course of this week. I am heading out of town to help a friend restore an old mansion. (Can you believe it?) So when I get back to the story, I should really be in the zone. See you all soon! :)
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Wow- great story so far. As was said before great depiction of a ghast; I could almost picture it.
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Archedius wrote:Wow- great story so far. As was said before great depiction of a ghast; I could almost picture it.
Thanks, I really appreciate the kind words. :D

I also hope to have the next part up soon for everyone. Just a matter of finding the spare time to finish working on it. *sigh*
-Mordentish proverb
echlfan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Like the way you write

Post by echlfan »

cant wait to read more you have a great talent for writing in this styel keep up the good work
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Like the way you write

echlfan wrote:cant wait to read more you have a great talent for writing in this styel keep up the good work
Thank you for the kind words, my friend. My biggest passion is writing, and I hope to actually write for Wizards one day. Man, wouldn't that be a career... getting paid to write novels for your favorite game! :D
-Mordentish proverb
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Okay.. ISSUE
I have a story I'd like to post. The trouble is it crosses over into adult/erotic fiction. :shock: It's not comedicly over the top or anything but if I try to cut the sensuality and sexual implications out, it loses half its impact. There's no foul language or anything. I've read victorian novels for the express purpose of avoiding such words. I began it as a tragic romance and it just turned into what it turned into. I'm asking here if I can post this or if it would be edited for content. :?
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Manofevil wrote:Okay.. ISSUE
I have a story I'd like to post. The trouble is it crosses over into adult/erotic fiction. :shock: It's not comedicly over the top or anything but if I try to cut the sensuality and sexual implications out, it loses half its impact. There's no foul language or anything. I've read victorian novels for the express purpose of avoiding such words. I began it as a tragic romance and it just turned into what it turned into. I'm asking here if I can post this or if it would be edited for content. :?
Hmm... my best advice would be for you to send it to one of the moderators and let them proofread and advise you on the course of action to take with it. But, for a rule of thumb...

Jester of the FoS wrote:The only rules are to keep it clean (PG-13 so no frontal nudity, harsh language or excessive gore) and tie it into Ravenloft, Red Death or Gothic Horror in general.

I hope that helps you out, my friend, but I wish I could give you better advice.
-Mordentish proverb
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

Thanks man. and I hope I didn't step on the topic.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Manofevil wrote:Thanks man. and I hope I didn't step on the topic.
No such thing has occured, I assure you. The first priority should always be to assist other writers in their literary endeavours and offering advice and guidance. :)
-Mordentish proverb
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Guardian of Twilight wrote:
Manofevil wrote:Okay.. ISSUE
Hmm... my best advice would be for you to send it to one of the moderators and let them proofread and advise you on the course of action to take with it. But, for a rule of thumb...
No need, I trust your call. Play it victorian way, or to sleep with evil way, and it will be OK. Less said is often better! ;)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Joël of the FoS wrote:No need, I trust your call.
Was... that directed at me? If so, then thank you very much, sir. That has to be one of the best compliments that I have ever recieved and I am truly honored.

*respectfully inclines head*

If not, and I misread something, then...

*Jedi mind trick*

You did not read what I just wrote, and these are not the flesh golems that you are looking for...
-Mordentish proverb
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

*monotone voice*

You can proceed...
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

My, it's been some time since last I posted here. I wanted to let all of you see that I hadn't given up on my tale, and also let everyone know that what I have just posted I am mostly satisfied with, and yet a few changes may take place in its contents in the future. I didn't post everything new that I have, seeing as how a good deal of it is still being revised. And yet, I hope that you all enjoy reading what I have just posted. Especially you, Rotipher. Your opinions and thoughts would truly mean a lot. :)
-Mordentish proverb