Maison d'Sablet: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag smiles back at Gertrude as he gets the pot. At Gertude's comment about Tarlyn's behavior, the ex-assassin barely holds hi laugh. This woman seems really determined to go as soon as poosible to meet this Chicken Bone and she doesn't seem concerned about the swamp's dangers. As passes the pot to Buchvold who is standing next to him, he asks:

"Have you been here before madam? You already speak the language and you seem to know some interesting people. However, despite I don't want to do you business, I should tell you that this trip to the swamp might be really risky."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn raises an eyebrow and replies dryly as he gets to helping in the line "Oh of course, Milady, pardon me, I was just admiring the view, though I am noone's Highness, thank you."

Yes this will be most entertaining, Tarlyn grins as he helps. I'll have to keep kyone = alert. I certainly hope this Chicken Bone is worth my time and effort here. What can some wael = fool living in a swamp show these "Brothers" that they cannot learn already?
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

“How kind of you,” Gertrude dryly said to Tarlyn as she took the next trap from him to hand it to Dadrag. At the Darkonese man’s question, she smiled nostalgically. “I first came here to do some research back in the early ‘40’s.” She'd only been recently hired by the University, and had wanted to go off the beaten path in the exploration of the Ezran sects. “The approach to Ezran worship here is fascinating, both in its incorporation of the earlier Notre Dame des Brumes and its highly contested acceptance of the loa. It’s a wonderful country, and I’ve kept meaning to return. I’m glad this provided an opportunity.

“Your concern is much appreciated, sir. I also hope that the trip will be uneventful. I expect I am not as fully aware of the dangers as you,” she said, inclining her head to him, “Or as well-prepared, but I will do my best to help as much as I can, and not to hinder you.” She started as she recalled her earlier plan, and brought out the little jar. “If we’re lucky it will last the journey. If not, well, it will at least provide a few hours’ relief. Citronella ointment; it’ll keep the mosquitoes away for a little while at least.” She gestured at her own thorough covering. “I don’t need it myself but the rest of you are free to use it.”

“I take it that you have just met Mr Draxton?” she asked. “Or perhaps you are acquainted with his bodyguard- a relation, perhaps?” she asked, noticing some similarity between the him and the earlier employee.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Thanks for the ointment. It will be very usefull. I really don't want miss the mosquitos. As about sir Serd, I actually know him for a while. I'm a mercenary and sir Serd pays well. I'm a skilled ranger you know and sir Serd believes that I can be useful to your mission to the swamp. Despite my skills, I'm always concerned when I'm going to an unknown swamp. There are plenty of hidden dangers, as poisonous snakes, walking dead etc. I'm glad you brought a guide."

OOC> Dadrag avoids saying that he is the same bodyguard. If Gert insists he will say it.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

As the crew begins boarding the boat Hiro pushes himself off and nods to Crow while sighing at Gertrude's comments.

"Good talking to you." he nods to the bard, then moves to the rest. At Dadrag's comments of walking dead he makes an affirmative noise before making some room for himself by shifting some of the older contents back outside the skif.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Rolande is astonished by the willingness of the Fraternity members to handle the crayfish pots, most of which are encrusted with years' worth of organic slime; however, Gertrude's immediate action seems to spur him to action, and he comes forward to help her. Gerard stands at the head of the boat and chuckles, saying something to Rolande to which the young nobleman replies with a bemused shrug.

The boat cleared, he gestures to Rolande and begins to speak, waiting for Rolande to translate after each sentence. Rolande complies, bemusedly. "Gerard, he says on the boat he is the captain, so you do what he says. Only two people may stand up at a time, and he is always one; if more stand up or move around, the boat turns over. Don't be looking over the side for the same reason. Keep the lanterns at the front so we can see where we go. I--" here Rolande gestures to himself, "will sit at the front to guide as well. Everybody bails. Are there any questions?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Gertrude laughed. “I wouldn’t have come without one,” she said to Dadrag. She did not press him about his past ; after all, it was none of her business. “And you can hardly be expected to be familiar with every terrain after all. You still have the advantage over me in this situation; rats is our idea of wildlife back home.” Well, that and the Shadowkillers…

Gertrude nodded at Rolande’s remarks on Gerard’s primacy as captain of the punt. Its not the size that matters, just the power that goes with it, she thought with private amusement. She herself had no intention of standing up or leaning out if she could help it; she was inexperienced in small boats, and had no desire to fall overboard due to this. "What kind of dangers can attack this boat, and what's the best way to deal with it in such cramped quarters?" Having everyone trying to fire ammunition at it seeemed dangerous, with everyone trying to lean in one direction, but it was hardly her area of expertise.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

The bard -- who'd stood aside with Hiro for the clearing of the flatboat, figuring his prior donation to the group's equipment was as much as his more self-centered 'Brother Crow' persona would deign to contribute voluntarily, this night -- beckons Rolande's attention.

"I've got one as well: would you, being experienced in this terrain, deem quiet to be prudent, as we go...? My associates and I are, you've surely noticed, a rather chatty bunch by inclination. If conversation might rouse more potential threats than it would discourage, by scaring off wild animals and the like, best tell us as much now, before some ill-timed comment brings trouble down on our heads."

And since common wildlife generally does shy away from large bands of yammering men, your recommendation will tell us whether it's uncommon perils we'll be striving to avoid. No matter what you may be hesitant to admit to Her Scalpelship.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Llana wrote:Gertrude nodded at Rolande’s remarks on Gerard’s primacy as captain of the punt. Its not the size that matters, just the power that goes with it, she thought with private amusement. She herself had no intention of standing up or leaning out if she could help it; she was inexperienced in small boats, and had no desire to fall overboard due to this. "What kind of dangers can attack this boat, and what's the best way to deal with it in such cramped quarters?" Having everyone trying to fire ammunition at it seeemed dangerous, with everyone trying to lean in one direction, but it was hardly her area of expertise.
"Attack the boat?" Roland repeats, slightly confused. "I don't know. Eh, Gerard, que poivoit attaquer la barque?"

"Eh bien...les crocodiles plus grandes...parfais un serpent tombe d'un arbre. En la barque deboissent etre sures."

"He says, crocodiles. The big ones. And sometimes a snake falls out of a tree, but we should be safe in the boat. I don't think it matters much to be quiet, especially..."

A convenient thunderclap permits Rolande to forgo the end of his sentence; instead, he makes a gesture encompassing the rain-filled night. "The light is a greater difficulty, but..." he shrugs. "It cannot be helped. So, then. Gerard, de l'avant!"

Gerard nods and pushes against his makeshift pier, and the punt slips forward into the waiting darkness.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I'm quite good with the bow, so if a crocodile or a snake appears I can defend ourselves." Says Dadrag as he looks the swamp ahead of him.
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Draxton keeps in the boat, looking disinterested. He listens passively to the others small talk and the rules, but doesn't comment.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn pays attention to the conversations as well, but his eyes rest more on their surroundings. Hopefully they wouldn't have any runins with crocodiles or snakes. As his handcrossbow slid into his hand under his cloak, he felt a little more reassured. Also Dadrag seemed competent, and maybe these other rivvin-humans would prove capable as well.The closer they got to Chicken Bone, Tarlyn wondered more and more why the "Brothers" thought it so important to come to this godforsaken swamp, in the middle of god knows nowhere. Well to attract all these people, it must be important indeed. Only time will tell, I suppose. Feeling the weight of his handcorssbow in his hand now, he felt somewhat reassured in its presence.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro, seeming somewhat bored, helps to bail water. After a while a few fireflies drift aimlessly by and Hiro raises a hand out, taking the signal they land on his palm and after a moment hover around him slightly before moving off. One elects to remain and stays resting on his hat before climbing underneath it to hide from the rain.

"A good sign." he says before throwing another pale of water overboard seemingly at peace.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag with his long bow at hand keeps looking at the souroundings, he wants to be prepared if anything happens.
Last edited by VAN on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Buchvold is silently gazing out into the rain. He doesn't have his longsword drawn, (What good would it do in a space this small anyway?) and has insted decided to enjoy the scenery

OOC Yes Buchvold is one of those people who like to look at the scenery, even when it's pooring rain, and there are mosquitoes about