The trip to Shadowdale

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

From her bedroll Inovidil looks the clear sky, then she pulls out her necklace with the silver moon and says:

"You remember what is this, and why I'm carrying it all the time right Elvira? I have told you many times about the old prophecy. When my father has saved the life of a vistana and she tells him that the girl of the blue moon will have great adventures, mixed with pain. The night I was born, the moon had indeed a blue hue! Like my eyes. That's why they gave me the nick name" The daughter of the moon". My mother has left this necklace to a temple of Mystra for a year and then she gave it to me. You will not believe it Elvira, but everytime I'm in trouble and I get it to my hane it's like draining strength from it. I feel like the powerful Mystra is protecting me. At this new land and especially to Staunton Bluffs I evoked her many times.
A day when I was walking there, I got in a strange farm, I saw a strange man there who drugged me and put me in a basement. I still don't know why, then the farm starts flying and then explodes. I wake up at a more strange place, I was among dead people and most of all I haev lost the contact with Ithan, my hawk familiar. I have never found him. Anyway, at this strange place I found some other living people. Brethana was among them. I have already told you the rest, how we break into that magic portal and get finally at home. You will not believe how happy I was when I realized where I was.

As about Ravenloft, I can only say that is gloomy, dark and misty. But you should consider that I was coming for a place like this. The natives might liked it. As about undead, yes there are many in Ravenloft, for being honest I haven't enccountered many myself, but I know their existance. Maybe at Brethana's homeland are more. I have never been there. She lived in a kind of great forest. Humans are in minority there, elves are the most popular race. I don't know much of her story, I didn't want to push her talk. Actually I had in mind ask her tomorrow. I want to know how she gets at Staunton Bluffs."

Inovidil looks one more time the bright stars and putting the necklace inside her cloak says:

"I adore being home. Goodnight Elvira."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I have to admit that Bretahna is an excellent fighter. I have seen her handle her two handed sword with great bility, it seemed part of her hand. I bet that if I cast my spell on her, she will be as effective as Kel. But on the other hand, I'm a bit concerned about her, I saw her burst at the battle and how eager she was finding one. We should look after her, because she might catch herself into serious troubles. She doesn't know our plane and despite her straordinary ability with the sword, she doesn't have many chances with a powerful wizard or with a more powerful monster, as a dragon etc. Yes, Brethana should control her rage and learn that sometime is better not provoke your destiny. I'm glad that you will help her learning another tecnique with the blades Thalar. I'll be there too if she might need any spiritual advice, but I doubt she will do it. She has learnt do everything by herself. She should trust us before consider as companions or more friends, only then she might speak to us asking any inner advice. Maybe she will talk to Inovidil, she knows her more time.
As about Ravenloft, I know only what Inovidil has told me, that is a strange dark, misty place. It seems there are plenty of undead there too. I don't know about this place at which you loose your memory. It seems an extremely powerful ability. I wonder who can do that. Also I'm curious to know more about this goddess, Ezra at which they have saved the life. I will ask Brethana tomorrow, she might know somrthing more, because Inovidil knew only a few things about Ezra, since she has lived only for a year there and except of Mystra she is never interested very much in religion. You know Thalar that Inovidil consider herself as Mystra's chosen and maybe she is as well, since the goddess of Magic has protected her at this strange place. To be honest, I hadn't believed the old prophecy about "the daughter of the moon", but now I have changed my mind. She has passed a lot till manage to save Ezra's life. Yes, I really believe that our friend is an important person."

Says Renad as he looks with a smile at the place where Inovdil is sleeping finally in peace.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Renad and Thalar talk some and their watch is over. They wake up Brethana and Kel and head off to sleep.

Brehana turns an elvish blade over in her hands, fascinated by how light it is and easy to manoeuver. She does a few swings with it to see how it really feels. Nice,she thinks. This isn't so bad

"Hey Kel, have you ever used one of these? Thalar said he'd show me, but he is off sleeping. It's really light! Here, hold it. I like my Great Sword of course, but this is very nice too." Brethana hands the other elvish blade to Kel, waiting his opinion. "Maybe after we can compare notes on Great Swords as well.You seem pretty capable with yours as I saw. I think the other didin't like me rushing in, but where's the fun in that? Oh did you see what Elvira did to that orc?That was really funny. Do you always take care when you fight or do you wait? I have been alone most of my life and hat is how I was taught, so that is how I fight. My tribe is pretty set in its ways, but I am learning that it is also good to maybe observe people and be patient. Thalar seems very level headed and this Ranger business sounds interesting. I have only heard of Rangers in Sithicus." Brethana stops talking and basks in the fire's warmth and the beautiful night sky, so different from her home. Even the stars are different here!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kel gets the sword and swings back and forth a couple of times, then he handles it back to the elf.

"I agree, it's a good blade, but it doesn't compared with my two handed. My sword is more powerful, my father has casted a spell on it, so it's more accurate and more efficient than other swords. I have been proficient with my sword and I'm also specialized, so I wouldn't try get another one now. I can deal much damage with mine and I know a tecnique to deal even more if I want. I don't care to change my style. We can practice together when you want, it will be really interesting since you are a very good fighter too. As about learning using two blades, I think you should start with one first, Thalar can teach you, then you should try use one at each hand. Elvira can help you too, she fights with two daggers too. This halflng is amazing. She is very clever. I loughed with that orc too. But I warn you Brethana, don't let Elvira talk very much with my sister, they become... pretty evil together! They make jokes and fun with anyone, especially with Renad. This poor fellow, only his faith has saved him from loosing his mind or run after them!"

Kel pauses and giggles as he recalls the plentyof jokes the two girls have done to the cleric. Getting more serious the fighter continues:

"As about rushing to enter in a battle, I think you should learn wait a sec and calculate the situation. I used to rush too, but I learned that sometimes it's better wait. Renad has told me that and he is right. I think you are rather young, so you will learn from your mistakes and you will be more experienced. How is life at your homeland? And how you find yourself at Staunton Bluffs?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana thinks a moment then continues"Well I think jokes is ok, I did notice the girls whispering alot and giggling. If you dont have fun in life, then why bother! Well Sithicus is very different form here. Like I've said... it is not so sunny, and there are alot of undead creatures. I lived in the forest with my tribe"Brethana gets a sad look then continues. "One night, these undead invaded our village. Zombies,wolves and an elf vampire! How unnatural! Elves live such a long life and it was a vampire. Well we fought valiantly but we lost. In the midst of it all, a mist came upon us and as I walked and walked and walked, the mist cleared. I came upon a corn field, which I thought would never end! ANd when I came out, I was in Staunton Bluffs where I met Inovidil later. Back to Sithicus, we didnt go much out of our village if only to hunt, or trade in Har Thelen or Little Arden. I never did go to Nedragaard Keep(Spelling if its bad, sorry), as that is where the ruler of SIthicus lives. Id not want to go either, as my SHaman told me it is a very evil place. Oh in SIthicus there is 3 moons(If Im mistaken correct me ok, as I think there is more than one(IM going on memory here)." Brethana stops and looks again at the stars, smiling.

"Well why dont we practice our swordplay with our great swords?"
Brehana puts away her elven blade and removes her great sword,spitting in her hands then grabbing it and swinging it a few times testing it.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> Brethana can know of course Nedgaard Keep, but I doubt she knows Soth. Almost no one knows about him, they believe that Azrael is the ruler of Sithicus. I don't know about the moons... I will ask my brother later.

IC>"We cannot practice now Brethana, the others are sleeping and the swords make noise when they get each other or armor. But we can do it tomorrow when we stop again."
Last edited by VAN on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc: yeah I know that is why she said it was evil place, not mentioning names :)

IC> "Sure Kel, no problem, it is too nice an evening anyways" Brethana puts away her great sword and sits with Kel, enjoying the fire and the stars.

"I still am not used to magic, but Inovidil has proved herself in my eyes, so I am starting to tolerate mages bit by bit. For now I accept only her as other mages who knows if they are capable? I know Inovidil is to me, so that's good enough for me. One time before we took the portal, she was injured, and I picked her up and as I was running she was using this strange stick to shoot magic balls at this evil satyr. I even stopped once or twice so she could have a better aim! We finally did make it to the portal. I think I actually saw Holy Ezra along with Jamethon and Jarg.

Jarg is a very strange elf, and he gave off a weird vibe to me anyways, almost as if he wanted to hurt me or something. I dont know why hed want to do that? Anyways I am here now and I think I'll ask Thalar if he wants to show what a Ranger does and Elvira how to fight with 2 weapons at once.What do you think, Kel?"Brethana takes a breath and sips some water, sitting crosslegged in front of the fire.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:"I still am not used to magic, but Inovidil has proved herself in my eyes, so I am starting to tolerate mages bit by bit. For now I accept only her as other mages who knows if they are capable?
Don't tell that to Shana and Blaise. :lol:

IC> "I know that story, my sister owes you her life Brethana and I thank you for that too. Till then my sister believed that wizards are unbeatable, this wasn't her fault though, except of me all in our family are wizards. My father is a rather known wizard at Waterdeep, he is a lord and my mother is an aristocrat as well. That's why we live in a tower. Inovidil has been changed when she came back. She seems more serious, I have never seen fear at her eyes before, but now every time she speaks about Ravenloft and especially about your last encounter with the satyr and the portal, her face becomes darker. It was very generous for you get her in your arms and running and very risky stop in order to help her use her wand. But I have a question, who was that satyr? Inovidil didn't know him, but she remembered that your companion Alain has methim before.
As about Jarg, this strange elf, I don't know what to say. Elves use to like each other, only the drows, the dark elves hate them. They still haven't forgiven them for their banish to the underdark. But I bet you know more about drows than I do."
Last edited by VAN on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc:Brethana feels the same about them but they are not with us! Anyone outside of our "party" :P
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"As about Thalar, you can ask him to start talking a bit about rangers even from tomorrow. Raners can also track down people, animals, monsters etc. They know many things about nature and when they become very good they can even cast some kind of simple spells. Thalar cannot do that till now, since he spent a part of his life training as a fighter as well, but I bet he can cast spells soon. He is a very good ranger. As about the two weapon fighting, you can ask Elvira show you the tecnique. But I doubt that you can practice with her. She is a halfling... she uses 2 daggers. You cannot compare your strength with hers. She is very good with them though, she throws them and the daggers magically return to her hands."
Last edited by VAN on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc:Does Bluetspur still exist?

"Actually, Kel there are no drow in Sithicus, though I have heard of them.From some weird place in ravenloft(Bluetspur). From what I've learnt here from your father,they are evil. This satyr I only really met near the end and he seemed very evil and crazy. Alain, Shana,Master Fallenleaf and maybe Jamethon know about him more than Inovidil or I do actually.Well it is time to wake the others and time to hit the road soon. Maybe we get to a village soon, rations tire me so much. I enjoy food!" Brethana laughs
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> Yes, Bluetspur still exists as island of terror. It's no more attached under Sithicus, which BTW doesn't have 3 moons at 3rd edition.

"I see. Be careful though, they are very intelligent too. They have black skin, white hair and are shorter. They exist here in Toril, but in the underdark, I have never been there." Says Kel as stands up and flexes his body.

"We will wake up the others and if you want we can practice a bit till waiting Renad praying to Pelor and Inovidil prepare her spells. Thalar will get our brekfast if he is not tired. He likes hunting."

With that goes to Inovidil and Elvira.

"Wake up girls. The sun is up."
Last edited by VAN on Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Sounds good to me. I am hungry!Maybe I hunt with him as I did back in Sithicus".

They wake the others and while they prepare Thalar and Brethana hunt, bringing back some rabbit.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"The breakfast was delicious, thank you guys."

Says Inovidil addressing Thalar and Brethana.

"Now excuse me, I should concentrate in order to read the magic impressions of the ring and the potions."

The witch puts the items on a big stone and concentrates. A traslucent matter appears from her hands, covering them.

OOC> I think identify needs an hour to be completed.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ooc: yes per item and you know the rest, per level you know 1 usage of each item etc ,,,,,,,,

Brethana takes out her great sword and nods to Kel. MOving off a little she does a few moves and waits for Kel.

"Your welcome for the food. That was easy, Brethana is pretty good at hunting, I am surprised.She seems more comfortable today. Must have had a good sleep, like we all did.I think I'll show her how to use those blades today at our next stop. Elvira maybe you could show her a little how to use both at the same time?Some time in the future?". Thalar stops talking and eats.

"Sure thing Thalar, whenever she feels up to it, I'd be glad to. This food is good!And seconds, even thirds!" Elvirs sops talking and eats more than is humanly possible for someone of that size.