The trip to Shadowdale

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thalar and Brethana run after the Ghost brandishing the allergens as tghe other follow. "What do we do once we corner the Ghost or find it , Renad?" Jarg asks as they run. After nearly 15 minutes of running through the maze of the sewers, Thalar and Brethana come upon an open passageway which leads to into a room. They wait for the others as they were a little ahead of them.

"What do we do now, Renad?" asks Thalar as he didnt hear Jarg's question.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Renad looks around and notices that the ghost is at the corner of the room frightened.

"We will attack it from here with our spells. If we get closer it may leave through the walls or the floor. Are you ready Ino?" Says Renad.

"Always." Says the evoker and clamping her teeth, the disembodied jaws appear and attack the ghost.

"I can hold my spell for a while Renad, you have something to do it too, no?"

Instead of an answer the cleric prays and with a loud sound a lance appear and get the ghost.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thalar and Brethana stay back with the allergen so as not to make the Ghost flee.Kel rushes the Ghost as well swinging with his Geart Sword and hurting the Ghost. Elvira tosses both her daggers and hits twice, hurting the Ghost. Handing Brethana the allergen Thalar rushes in with his sword and hits it good. Between Renad's lance,Inovidil's jaws, the daggers from Elvira, Thalar and Kel's swords, the Ghost yells out one last time before being destroyed.

A chill runs through the air as it screams then complete silence. "I think we did it Renad!! What do we do with all these things here in the room?" Thalar asks Renad.

Looking around a bit more, Jarg sees it is not just a room but a lab!! And he sees something grisly indeed. Remains of human bodies and bones. "These must be the bones and remains of the dead people as well as maybe thr Ghost mage, guys" Jarg says.

Elvira agrees with Jarg.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Reand gets a closer look of the bones.

"They are indeed human bones. I think I know now what we should do for preventing the ghost to come back again in a few days. We shoudl find all the boones, or at least the most of them and then go to the town and do a regular funeral to these poor people. I will do the funeral myself in order to be sure that nothing goes wrong. Good work Jarg." Says Renad patting the drow's back,

"If you don't mind as you search around, I'll look a bit to the lab. It might have interesting staff here which might be very useful." Says Inovidil and starts looking around getting carefuly some vials and checking if there are broken, then she heads to the library and loosk the books.

"Thsi man, Grimwald if he was not evil could be very usefoul to the town. He had very interesting boosk of biology and some important books of magic as well. I'll get some of them, they will help me becoem a better witch." Says Inovidil and gets some books and some vials of componets from the lab's desk adn shelves.

Meanwhile the others have unburried several bones.

"I have counted 9 skulls Renad, do you think are enough?" Asks Kel.

"I hope, we have been told that there were 10 people and one the wizard 11. Keep searching guys, despite Greimwakd was evil, he deserves a funeral too" Says Renad and keeps searching.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg passes by a wall and frowns. He seems to notice a faint outline in the wall but isn't sure. "Elvira come see this, I think it is a door but cannot be certain." he tells her. Elvira comes to look with him and sure enough as they touch the wall they can feel the cracks of the door. After a minute or 2 they cannot find the way to open it (Failed checks). "Well guys why don't we try to force it open then" Jarg says.

Elvira and Jarg stand back as Kel and Thalar approach and start pushing. AFfter what seems like too long, the door opens and dust comes out in their faces. Coughing and sputtering the guys stand back and Jarg enters with Elvira. "Hand me a torch, Elvira" Jarg says. Elvira lights one and hands it to him. Looking around it is a small 10 x 10 room with little to see. In the center is a rectangular but long metallic table and next to it is a smaller table with rusted instruments. On the table are bones and upon closer inspection of the smaller table they see that the instruments are surgical in nature. "Well guys" Jarg says "I think this is the 10th body and this must be where the Mage Grimwald did his experiments".

Seeing as there is nothing more to do here, they gather the bones in a sack and head back up to the surface. "I think we should head to the Temple of Pelor , Renad there they can take care of the remains of the 10 people" Thalar says as he hands the sack to Renad. "I'll accompany you there, the rest of you go back to the INn and bath!" Thalar laughs as he crinkles his nose. "I need one to, and you too Renad!". The others head back to the Inn to clean up and Thalar and Renad head to the Temple.
The priests there are more than happy to oblige with Renad's request for the bones and then Renad anad Thalar head back to the Inn to clean up as well and plan their next move for the Ghost.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I'm really happy we have resolved this mystery guys. Do you imagine 45 years these bones were there! Holy Mystra, these poor people finally will rest in peace. I'm also happy becasue I have found some very interesting books in there." Says Inovidil.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

So as they sit at a table and enjoy a quiet meal, they discuss their next move. "Well I think we should rest till morning then travel to our final destination, Shadowdale!!!" Thalar says.

Elvira grins as she sips her ale "Thank the gods for that. I am glad to be at our final destination but will be even happier to be back home in Waterdeep in my house!!" she giggles and orders more food.

"Well I think I will visit with you as well, guys, then hang around with you back to Waterdeep. I don't think my business will be very nice if you can judge by the drow encounter we had. If thats ok with you of course" Jarg says and sits back stretching.

"Well I have no problem with you staying with us Jarg. As for me in Shadowdale I will probably try to find a Druid. If not I am becoming better skilled in the Ranger ways and might find a lodging or build one in the forest near Waterdeep."Brethana says as she eats.

The rest of the evening they rest and in the morning, again they set off for Shadowdale! During their travels they only encounter Goblind and Orcs but nothing more. On the 5th day they arive at Shadowdale and head for the Inn.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I like this city, it's inspires me!" Says Inovidil as they order meal in the inn.

"So what are our plans?" Says Kel.

"Tomorrow I'm going to ask where I can find this famous wizard Elminister." Says Inovidil.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"You and your Elminster,Inovidl!!!! I hope you get to meet him after all this wait" Elvira says as she eats her meal.

"Well, Brethana the time has come for you to seek what you came for. I hope you find what it is you seek and come back to us safely"Thalar says to her as he sips his ale and smiles.

"I shall ask around tomorrow and possibly even leave, but will come back. I hope you guys are here when I do so we can all travel backto Waterdeep together" she says.

Jarg eats his food and adds "Well I want to look around tomorrow and see what this famous town has to offer. I have never been here and am curious!".
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The next morning Brethana rises early. She goes down and gets a meal, then pays her lodgings and heads out. Looking back she smiles hoping to find her friends here when she comes back.

Walking down the street she sees that some shops are opening and other shop owners arriving at thier establishments. She enters a few places and finally gets the information she seeks at the genral store from a gnome. "Yes just head north from here and straight for the mountains you will find her in the forest. Well actually she will most surely find you,missy!!! he tells Brethana "Thank you for the information and good day!"
Brethana heads out and walks for a few hours until she enters the forest. Sure enough within 15 minutes she sees an owl. It hoots once then flies down in front of her. In a matter of seconds it transforms into a female elf much older than Brethana. "What brings you to my home child?" she asks.

Brethana frowns, unsure of what to answer. "I have questions a ranger cannot amswer and have been told in Waterdeep by a person that I should find a Druid for my questions. SO here I am".

"Well I am indeed a Druid. I am a good judge of character and judge you worthy being here. Follow me and we shall see what shall come of our meeting."

Brethana follows the Druid and spends a month with her before returning to Shadowdale. She enters the Inn early one morning before any of the party is awake and confirming with the Innkeeper that the party is indeed still there, she takes a table and waits for them while she eats.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil wakes up early that morning so she is the first who goes downstairs for breakfast. As the evoker sees the ef, a great smile appears at her face and rushes to hag her

"Brethana you are back! What a nice surpise! You were gone a month! We miss your hot tamperament?! Tell me everything, have you found the druid? How was he like? And most f all, have you gotten your answers?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana smiles at her friend. "Yes I did find the Druid and my answers. It was nice to be back alone in nature as I have been for most of my life. It revitalised me. I didn't realise how much I missed it. I learned something interesting about wolves and other animals and even one wolf befriended me! It followed me and even played with me. But as it is wild it did leave after a while. Maybe one day I can have a real "wolf friend" and raise it from a baby." she says with a yearning look on her face.

"What about you guys? WHat did you do for a month? I bet Kel and Elvira drank a lot! You bought some magical supplies, didn't you Inovidl?" she teases. "Don't lie to me!" she laughs. "Oh did you find that man you came to see? What was his name, Melvin?".

She sits back and strteches then sips her morning beverage. "Will we be staying any longer or will we be heading back to Waterdeep, Inovidil?".
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"His name is Elminister but unfortunately I haven't found him. He uses to do a lot of trips you know. But yes, I have gotten a few new spells al long as some componets. I hae also scribedsome scrolls since I had some free time. I'm glad you have good time with the druid." Says Inovidil.

Meanwhile Renad and Kel get down down too andboth go n hug the elf.

"Happy to have you back Brethana, I miss you too. We finally have time to rest and do absolutely nothing!" Says Kel.

"You do nothing Kel, I have helped tp do a new temple and I have helped a few families that had money problem. But yes, after this long trip we needed to rest nad just hang a bit." Says Renad.

"We are planing to go back to Waterdeep tomorrow Brethana, but if you have somethig more to do we can wait. Do you have any news from Jarg?" Asks Inovidil.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I did find everything I came for here Inovidil so we can leave anytime we want to." Brethana says.

Thalar comes down and hugs Brethana then looks at Inovidil "I think Jarg was out really late last night again. I am not certain but I think that he has a little "friend", guys. HA HA! Oh well at least he stays out of trouble this way. Kel, you and Elvira sure drank alot yesterday but you were more reasonable you stopped and went to bed at a reasonable hour. We wont see Elvira for another few hours I am positive".

"Jarg has a friend, Thalar? How do you know?"Brethana asks

"Well I followed him one night and saw him meet up with a Drowess out in the woods. IS there some kind of Drow sect around here that exists, Renad?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes, I know and fortunately they don't worship the Spider Queen so I think it's ok. Jarg is more than capable to take care of himself. I hope today don't get late, so we can leave early tomorrow." Says Renad.
- W H A T ! ? !