The trip to Shadowdale

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Renad gets his holly symbol and try to force the ghost leave again, but he fails for second time.

"I'll revenge all the suffer I have had here.!" Says the ghost and by passing Brethana moves forward and attacks Renad. The cleric feels like a frozen hand gets his heart, he feels his vital energy abandoning his body, but he doesn't move, he stands bravely before it and yells:

"Leave, everybody! That's goes for you too Brethana, my spell will not protect you for much more against fire and you will be hurt fighting in front of it."

"Renad nooo!" Cries Inovidil as sees the cleric's face become pale.

"Help me great Mystra!" Says the evoker and instictivelly gets the silvermoon at her necklace in order to get courage. Then, clamps her teeth and 5 pair of disembodied jaws of blue force appear and attack the ghost.

"Thanks Ino, but now run!" Yells again Renad.

OOC> Many jaws, they deal 1d6/level damage and it's force, so no 50% :wink:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Worried about Renad, Brethana grabs him and starts running away from the Ghost, scared for her friend's life as well as hers. Everyone else runs too, up the ladder and out onto the street and waits for Brethana and Renad patiently. Once outside and the grate put back they take a few moments to have a deep breath. Figuring that Kel & Thalar must be back at the Inn, they head there.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As they exit the sewers, Renad tells to Brethana:

"Thank you very much Brethana, I can walk by myself now. I'll be fine soon, I have a spell that will help get my vital force back. Fortunately I have predicted that this might happen."

With that Reand gets his holly symbol with one hand and touches his chest with the other. A light gets from the holly symbol and covers the cleric's body. After a while Reand says with a smile:

"I'm much better now, only a little tired. Don't worry Tomorrow I'll be great."

As Renad reassure them that he is ok the party heads to the inn where find Thalar and Kell very worried and kind of embarashed sitted at a table waiting them.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The party decides to return the next afternoon better prepared. Renad does some research during the morning and in the afternoon they head to the sewers again and go down in the same order as before.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As they enter in the sewers, Reand prays a few times and finally touches Kel's, Thalar's, Brethana's and Jarg's heart, then says:

"Pay attention here everyone, I have casted a spell on you that will help you deal with the supernatrural fear aura of the ghost. I have also casted the spell which protects you from fire and the one which give you more resistance to spells. I hope this time we have gotten the correct allergen with us. As the ghost manifests, you Kel will point to it the musket, you Inovidil the plan of the device , you Thalar the frog and you Elvira the gunpowder."

OOC> Renad has casted remove fear, mass conviction and protection from fire to everyone except Jarg and Elvira.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana nods to Renad "I'll stay close in case I need to hurt the Ghost in case this won't work" and moves forward close by.

Thalar holds the frog ready and Elvira holds the gunpowder ready as well, waiting for the Ghost to manifest. Jarg stays back with his bow, ready to shoot in case it doesn't work, to distract the Ghost.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As they walk, Renad's candle flickers and an airstream gets them. Soon after the trasparent figure of the ghosts manifets and a burst of fire gets all of them.

Inovidil and Kel jump aside and Renad ducks in order to avoid the burst. Fortunately the cleric's spell has protected them this time too.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

And again Thalar, Brethana , Elvira get no harm from the fire and Jarg being behind receives none at all. Brethana swings her Great Sword at Ghost, scoring a hit. The others wait for Renad's word to show their items at the Ghost.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil moves her hands and everybody except Jarg feels the extra energy at their bodies.

"Now!" Yells Renad and attacks the ghost with his morning star, but the weapon pass through it.

Kel points the musket and Inovidil the plan of the device but he ghost doesn't move.

The ghost attacks the Brethana but misses the elf.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thalar points the frog and Elvira the gunpowder at the Ghost but nothing happens again. Looking at Renad Thalar says quickly "Its not working again!!! Do we run?".

Brethana swings again and hits the Ghost to distract it from the others. Jarg aims his bow and shoots, the arrow passes through not harming the Ghost.

Elvira backs up as does Thalar from the Ghost.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes run." Yells Renad and getting his holly symbol tries to force the ghost leave again, but for another time the ghost remains.

"This ghost is definately got out of the many dead people. I feel the despertaion and it's anger at the atmospahire around it, for this reason I cannot force it leave" Says Reand and hits the ghost with his morning star, dealing to it some damage.

The ghost attacks the cleric, but fortunately he misses.

Inovidil clamps her teeth and the 5 pair of disembodied jaws appear again and attack the ghost. Then the evoker turns and runs away followed by Kel and Renad.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Renad holds the Ghost at bay again as they run out and head back to the Inn. "This is tougher that I thought, guys" Thalar tells the others as they sit at a table and have an ale. "Renad you are doing a great job, I think you will have the bane in your next research"

Brethana sips her drink and giggles "Well this is a first for us we run away!!!! I only did that once with Inovidil and Jarg! Ghosts are tough to destroy I see".

Elvira sips her ale and lpoks to the others "Well I hope we destroy it soon that sewer makes us all smell worse than a skunk and the skunk would saw we stink!!!" She laughs.

Jarg sighs "Well I hope so too I really hate stinking like stink does" he laughs too.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Indeed, a bath is what we need after this," Sasy Inovidil and Kel nods in agreement.

"I'm really sorry that we should flee like that every time guys, but as I told you, this ghost is more tough than the othesr I have dealt with. In its presence something supernatural happen, for this reason I cannot force it to leave." Says Reand and sips his ale.

"Do you have any other idea about the allergen Renad?" Asks Inovidil.

"Yes, actually I have, since we have figured out that the ghost is from the dead people, the allergen will have to do with the way they are dead. I think we should try the matterial component of the fireball Ino, since the ghost use it. Also it can be a crystal, you know one of the device, since the wizard was using it in front of these poor people. My last idea is a rope, since the people must be tied when they were dead, so unable to do anything. I really hope that one of them is correct." Sasy REand.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

They agree on the items so a rope and crystal is what they bring back. Heading down, Brethana and Thalar they see better, go first , with the allergens. Renad next and the rest after in case they need to distract the Ghost.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As they walk, Renad's torch flickers as the ghost manifetsts and the burst of fire gets all of them. Inovidil and Renad duck and Kel jumps to the right in order to avoid the flames. When the smoke provoking of the fireball clears they see the ghost in front of them, Talar and Brethana move forward bravely pointing their items.
The ghosts's eyes go wide as he sees the crystal.

"No, no, not again, the device no!" Yells the ghost with its gashly voice and clearly in panic turns and runs away in foul speed.

"I I think we got its allergen guys! Now lets move we should look around, I'm sure we are going to find some answers here." Says Renad.
- W H A T ! ? !