Ask a darklord

Books, movies, television and everything else
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Dear Monette,

Eeuuuuw, you ate a bunch of raw bats? Never mind lycanthropy: didn't you know that's a great way to get tapeworms?
Well, I was actually trying to become a weretapeworm, so yes, yes I did.

Dear Yagno Petrovna,

What do you think the proper investment strategy for today is, given the recent swings in commodity prices?
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

InVinoVeritas wrote:Dear Yagno Petrovna,

What do you think the proper investment strategy for today is, given the recent swings in commodity prices?
YP,

Get long wheat futures, applying 40 to 1 leverage, taking down all that you can. If you can trade an only child to get longer still, do so. Because my priest are preparing to seize every last grain of the stuff. Evidently, your paper gains will be astronomical. But of course you can't eat paper. Well, actually, you can, but not for very long.

- - -

Dear Vurundus,

What is your favourite story by Lovecraft and why? And is there any related work(s) by other sources that you would especially recommend?
The cure for what ails you
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Virundus:

My favorite Lovecraft story? Gosh, I don't see how I can possibly choose between them, he was such a talented comedy-writer.

Dear Malken,

Doesn't running a criminal empire seem a little petty, when your alter-ego already owns at least a fifth of the country? Considering Tristan actually reigned as Prince for 14 years, having to skulk around as a gangster is bound to seem like a bit of a let-down.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Malken:

"Well we tend to diverge on a couple of slight details on management issues and I have always been a little freespirited. Besides why would I want that stressful job, it has obviously made him quite insane... I quite like my sanity thank you! And I don't skulk! I crawl... Or creep... But no skulking!"

Dear Victor Mordhiem

Do you have any recommendations for dry flaky skin?
LadySoth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by LadySoth »

Victor: "Yes. Yes I do. In fact, lubriderm and a loofa. Now you may laugh. But I do not jest. Being a man of my stature, it does not do to have the embarrassingly flaky skin condition with the ladies at court. So not only do I enjoy a long hot soak in the blood of 20 virgins every night, but I also am sure to bring along my lubriderm and loofa for real bathtime fun. It is a hit with the ladies. Also, if you need advice on other skin conditions such as flesh eating zombie saliva rash or just run of the mill acne, Van Richten's Guide to Skin Disorders is extremely helpful. Good day sir, and best of luck with your itchy skin."

For Lord Soth: Does the helmet come off? I mean, ever? (Intimate moments, in the shower, etc.?) Also, if you do use it in the shower, how do you keep it from rusting? Would you consider this a fetish, or just a passing fad in your realm? Has your helmet wearing influenced local styles and fashions?
~ L A D Y S O T H ~

"I rule out nothing. Nor, I imagine, do you."
"Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside . . . "
"Hail Strahd, Lord of Barovia!"
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Lord Soth:

Actually, having retired from both Ravenloft and Dragonlance, I've been forced to start moonlighting. Regretfully, I'm now stuck doing temp-work as the Headless Horseman's stand-in. Lousy %$#@*& economic recession!

So yes, the helmet does come off when I'm working, these days. Skull, too ... but I don't expect that part to become a fashion trend, except possibly on Graben Island.

Dear Alfred Timothy,

Didn't I just see you drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's? If so, who does your hair? It was perfect.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

Alfred Timothy says:

My hair? It is called fur, a pelt, and not hair! I, er, you mean my human form. Yes, well, that is hair, but it does as I ask by SHEER WILL alone! Er, actually, that's Shear Will, a salon along the Musarde. Ask for Katie.

And I should tear you limb from limb for suggesting that I would drink a pina colada at Trader Vic's! That is a foul drink, fit only for prey!

It was a mojito.

------

Dear Lemot Sediam Juste:

Any Broadway recommendations?
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

LSJ: Well for a tragic love story cut of the same stuff as Romeo & Juliette only better, there is but one name you have to know and it is Sweeney Todd: the demon barber of Fleet Street. Simply put, it is a cut above the rest.

Dear Azalin: Does the fact that Vecna escaped after only a few years, whereas you are still rattling your cage going on several centuries, ever cause you to doubt your own abilities?
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Azalin: Did he really escape? Are you sure of that? Are you sure that I am not really Vecna, and that the far more powerful and clever Azalin didn't simply switch minds with me, and escape gleefully into the night while leaving me here in his place, while the Dark Powers continue tormenting the poor fool Vecna whom they really think is Azalin? Are you sure that isn't what happened?

...No, you're right. Vecna escaped, and it eats me up inside every day.

Dear God-Brain: Powerful, omniscient being that you are, could you shed some light on why people sometimes ask questions of extremely obscure characters in this topic, leaving some of us scratching our heads asking "Who the $*&# is THAT?!"
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

God Brain:..................................................................
......................... Your face!

Dear Markov

What exactly is the upside of your gorilla body, and how long does it take to shave for speedo purposes? You have all this beach front property so you must go swimming some times...
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I have chosen this body very carefully, no headaches to upside and no need to shave! The hair help me avoid sunburns. Lets see how we can make your body better now.

Dear Tristessa,,

With all this screaming have you ever thought to sing at the opera? For sure you have the voice!
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

To VAN: Funny you should say that. I did actually possess several of your bards over the past few decades. Two of the songs made the Top 50, as well, though I don't think the police ever found the bodies.

To Harkon Lukas: What happens if you're in your female human form and you get pregnant? If you change to a male human form, does it just become A Really Bad Case of Indigestion?

(And if you change into your human-devouring wolfwere form, does it become A Conveniently Packed Lunch?)
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Harkon Lukas: I generally try not to get Pregnant... I have no desire to try wait nine months for another child who is just going grow up to make me look more like a monster again. So I generally just practice safe sex... I kill the man before he gets any funny ideas...

P.S. : It is not a convienient lunch or Indigestion... It is more a rather annoying bypass of the two that is not appropriate for these boards! I'll tell you later...

Dear Puncheron:

Now that the Fraternity has upgraded your mobility and status in the net book, are you thinking about running for the position of perhaps the April Fools day mascot. I for one would enjoy to hear more of your jokes as soon as the herniated disks and muscles have healed from last time...
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

A G Thing wrote:Dear Puncheron:

Now that the Fraternity has upgraded your mobility and status in the net book, are you thinking about running for the position of perhaps the April Fools day mascot. I for one would enjoy to hear more of your jokes as soon as the herniated disks and muscles have healed from last time...
Puncheron: "The Fraternity would have to speak with my agent. But of course he is but a shadow of his former self."

[Cue track of audience dying of laughter.]

Dear Strahd,

Being a recognised connoisseur, could you enlighten us as to the appreciation of blood? Are there good and bad years for blood? Is aging of the donor good or bad? Are there differences of sex and race? Are there regional differences too? How important is diet? What about occupation and exercise? Do you have any use for this new-fangled Lamordian system of blood classification by type?
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Dear Cure:

My girlfriend recently reincarnated as a vegan hippie. So... that pretty much makes me a vegan hippie too.

Plus she's volunteering at the local Worker's Chapter to Overthrow Class Oppression, so I'm there too. Dressed down, of course.

Look, if you know a good place to score some blood, let me in. I've got lots of cash. But whatever you do, don't let the girlfriend know. Some things I can't handle just yet.

Dear Shinpi:

Do this! *knocks on wall* Go on, do this! *knocks on wall* C'mon, it's fun! *knocks on wall*