Kartakass: Beginnings

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The priestess waits and as Tarlyn gets to her position she touches him. His whole body is envelloped in a blueish black light and he yells out in pain. [Inflict serious again]

Tarlyn, fueled by rage, attacks her savagely, scoring 3 devastating hits. He almost slices her left arm off. The next 2 he impales her with both his blades. She looks at him in shock and disbelief, blood now running freely from her wounds and mouth. Tarlyn punches her in the face and she falls dead as a doornail to the ground.

The last remaining zombie stops and begins wandering around aimlessly.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Valerian slashes at the zombie once, twice, as it wanders about, his dull grey longsword gleaming in the moonlight. Still, as a Darkonian, he could recognize the signs. The zombie was no threat now.

As the intensity of battle began to wear off, questions formed. One drow was a curiosity, two, now, were the kind of coincidence that really didn't happen in the Grand Scheme.

OOC: AoO: Attack Roll: 11+7=18. Damage Roll: 6+2=8
Attack Roll: 7+6=13. Miss.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius ducks quickly to the ground, hoping that Van's lightning streams would miss. He quickly abandoned his plans to cast further spells or grab his mace, and instead approached Tarlyn.

Here lad, you might be needing one of these.

(OOC: 2 Cure Light Wounds, spontaneous casting]: 21d8+2 --> 8 + 1, 7+1 = 18 )

(Edited by author)
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven eases his finger from the trigger and lowers the crossbow as he realises the battle is over. That was close for a while there, I need more practice with this crossbow He thinks to himself as he stares at the corpses surrounding them. Well at least we all survived, although if I hadnt helped VAN when I did, who knows?

Taking in a few deep breathes, trying to clear the fetid odour of the corpses from this lungs, he feels the adrenaline of the battle pumping out of him, leaving an empty hollowness behind, well not quite empty, a memory of a few moments ago flashes back to him.

He sinks to a sitting position on the ground, staring into space, trembling slightly.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The adrenaline of the battle over, Tarlyn takes a deep breath. His back ached from where the Priestess had touched him, and his side was numb. Other than that he was still alive! Glad am I that the bitch is dead. She probably has some ineteresting things on her, starting by those bracers and that ring.

Tarlyn tries to stretch but winces and stops. Going to one knee he removes the bracers and the ring. Looking back at the party, he sees Lucius approaching him and smiles. "Guys she had some goodies on her. I am no mage but I am sure these are not ornamental" tossing the ring and bracers near Lucius' feet. Looking back down he sees something else of interest, a 5 snake head whip! "Valerian can you dispose of this?" Tarlyn asks as he carefully picks up the thing and shows it to the Warden.

"Thanks for the heal, Lucius."
Last edited by steveflam on Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven is quite still, apart from his lips moving slightly, a blank look on his face...
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Despite Van is very curious to know what they have found on the drow Priestess, feels that he should do something first. So he goes near Draven and putting a hand to his shoulder says:

"Thanks for your help Alex, You know me for only two days and you don't hessitate to help me with the zombie. I'm not very strong as man and I have had bad time with the undead. It was also its smell, it made me feel sick. Fortunately I'm much better now."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven does not respond to VAN's touch, he stares straight ahead and seems to be whispering something....
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van hears Draven says "no eyes, no eyes, no eyes!". Really worried he removes his hand and says:

"Calm down my friend the battle is over, the zombies and the drow priestess are dead. We are still alive."

Then he says:

"Valerian, Lucius come here please, Alex might need help."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William sighs and reholsters his pistol in his belt before coming out 9of his covered position.
"Well lads, it looks to me as if the lady and her "pets" didn't know what they was gettin themselves into, aye?" He snickers a bit before continuing on, "I am gonna do a hasty perimeter sweep, make sure there ain't more of em lurkin about."

With that he begins to do his sweep, lighting his lantern and moving out to cover a circle centered on the camp and measuring out 50 paces.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Valerian cleans his sword roughly on the grass, then walks over to where the drow priestess lay dead. Priestess of Lolth eh? Friend Tarlyn has odd acquaintances. Well, such is the fate of all who defy Ezra's will.

"A moment, Friend Van."

Gingerly, Valerian grasps the viper whip by the handle, a look of disgust on his face. "Vile thing." He mutters, stowing his sword and drawing out a silver dagger, symbols of Ezra engraved in the blade and pommel.

The Warden holds the whip firmly in both hands, then, very quickly, slides one hand up the length, so that he is holding the five serpents by their necks. Then, the dagger in his other hand, he methodically cuts their throats, one by one. Afterwards, Valerian takes the rod-handle itself and breaks it over his knee, letting the pieces fall by the drow priestess. He'd have to burn them later, but first to see to Draven.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valerian peers at Alexander closely, but healing is not really his province, and never was. He was a warrior.

"Friend Lucius, I believe you are better suited to deal with this then I."

Nevertheless, he was concerned for the rogue. Yes, he was one of the sinful, a thief skulking in the night, but that he was here helping their journey bespoke the right kind of temperament for a rapproachment with Ezra's holy light.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come, our role in this night's Grand Scheme is not yet done. Two of the shambling ones are still out in the night, masterless and alone, and may return when their fear of Ezra's justice wears off. And even if not, I shall not be responsible for unleashing a plague of undeath upon the area."

He pauses, thinking on how this would work out. "Friend Lucius, would you stay here with Alexander and Tarlyn? They are yet in need of healing, and I think we will not need much aid to smash two lone Legionnaires of the Night. Perhaps someone else should stay with them."

Valerian draws his sword again and moves off in the direction the two fleeing zombies had taken. This wouldn't take long. Over his shoulder, he calls, "And see if we've any wood, I would burn this witch and her foul creation."
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Valerian hears a voice calling to him from very nearby,

''Valerian, It's I- Cornelius. Don't be frightened, I've just made myself invisible through magic. I'll help you find those corpse-gangers. I think I'll stay out of sight like this, and we can hunt them down together. Yes?''

Sure enough, only empty space greets Valerian's gaze as he looks toward the area from whence the dwarf's voice emanates.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Warden Grane stared at the space before him, then nodded curtly.

"Aye, a wise idea Friend Cornelius."

Valerian didn't think the dwarf understood just how bad a shock he'd given the Warden. Valerian was used to seeing things others didn't, and the thought of one able to bypass his odd sight was not comforting. Still, they were on his side, and all had a role to play in the Grand Scheme.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I'll come with you guys. I still have some offensive spells and I owe something to these filthy undead!"

Says Van and goes beside them.

"Ace , help me find these walking dead."

Tells telepathically Van to his hawk familiar.
- W H A T ! ? !
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Oblivious to his surroundings, Draven continuous to stare with unfocussed eyes. Three images spin continuously in his head, to the exclusion of everything else. Two are very clear to him:

The pus filled, rotting eyeball, sliding along the thin blade of his rapier, so close to his hand, nearly touching...

The corpse's ruined face after the eye was taken, the gaping darkness of the socket, the twisted look of pain in the features...

There is a third image, this one not so clear, it blurs in and out of focus, as if under water and fighting to reach the surface...