Kartakass: Beginnings

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The others hear Cornelius softly chanting. After a moment , they hear him say:

''Hold on just a moment, I think I can find them. Let me see...''

[OOC -cast clairvoyance, scan area where zombie were last seen, moving outward in direction they fled.]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Ace , help me find these walking dead."

Tells telepathically Van to his hawk familiar.
Ace comes back as Cornelius finishes casting his spell. Dead ..... not,,,,, far..... follow,,,,, master.... it relays to Van telepathically.

With that he looks at you then flies off slowly so you can follow.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius nods to Van's and Valerian's suggestion.

You may go. We will hold the camp here. William, are you staying with us also?

Then, he ducks beside Alex. With a worried face, he inspects Alex.

Please, don't be afraid. Calm down while I examine you. I won't harm you, be still.

He holds Alex's head in his hands and looks minutely at his eyes, studying his reactions to movements of his hand. Alex's absent look does not comfort him.

He murmurs to those around

I've heard of strange things in this land, of people becoming unsettled due to things they see or shocks they receive. I've noticed Alex is very unquiet, and shakes at the mention of certain things. Something in his past is not well, but that is beyond me. All I can do yet is relief from pain and suffering, but this... this seems to be more of a mental thing. I do hope it's not yet a case for an alienist, but I really can not say.
But tell me, Alex, are you wounded, do you need any healing?
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven does not respond to Lucius's touch, he stares straight ahead whispering "no eyes, no eyes, no eyes".
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

The hunters returned in a few minutes, leaving two large corpses for the scavengers. Zombies, by and large, aren't in the habit of being dangerous once chopped into several portions.

Warden Grane had a rag in one hand and was cleaning off the blade of his sword as he came back to the encampment, removing the bile and ichor from the cold grey blade. His brows narrowed in concern as he saw that Draven was still troubled. Sheathing the sword, he crouched by Alexander and Lucius.

Listening to the rogues whispers for a bit, Valerian nods. "He is troubled by the terrors of the night, you are correct Brother Lucius." The Warden's scarred face stilled in thought.

"We can but pray, I think, and see to it that he is kept quiet and rested. Perhaps see if he will eat? I shall pray most assuredly to Ezra, and ask her to grant succour to our comrade."

With those words, Warden Grane goes off and starts collecting brush and fire wood, stacking it around the battered corpse of the drow priestess and her snake-whip. After enough, reasonably dry material was found, Valerian lit it with a branch for their campfire.

As the wet wood smoked and finally burned, a thin plume of smoke rose high in the night sky.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The new chapter continues here...................

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... 3769#73769
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven remains beyond help for the remainder of the dark hours, yet with the rising of the sun the next morning it is almost as if hope has sprung again in his mind.

He stirs from where he has sat, blinking in the cold dawns light, his eyes focus on the surroundings and he looks about in confusion. "Where am I?" he whispers. What happened? The last I remember is going to aid VAN, and then.... no nothing is there its almost as if the mists themselves have entered his mind.

He stands up and stretches, gathers his wits together then gos in search of the crossbow bolt that flew astray during the battle.

A short while later walking back towards the tent he greets some of the others who are awake early, clealry not noticing their supriosed expressions. He deflects their questions, claiming ignorance, yet every query, makes him think deeper, bringing whatever lies beyond the mists closer to perception...

Draven remains aloof and thoughtful over the next day of travel, keeping to himself. That evening he walks the perimeter of the camp alone on his watch claiming he needs time to think.

The next few days show a marked improvement in his mood, if engaged in conversation he is far more outgoing and gregarious than before, yet he studiously avoids any discussion of the night of the attack.

He visibly cheers when they reach Egertus and seems to be back to his old self, yet he worries how much others have seen...
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."