Kartakass: Beginnings

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius awakes in a hurry, startled by the commotion outside. He peeps out the tent and looks disheartened at his armour on the floor.

"No time to put it on, now. I'll have to try something else."

He advances with his holy symbol in hand. Stern and austere, thinking back to his dear departed buried now in Dementlieu, his voice booms in the night.

"In the name of Ezra and all that is holy, leave us be and let the night be pure again. Fugite, ego vobis impero!"

[OOC: Turn Undead attempt: D20 Roll 11 + 2 (Cha) = 13. Maximum Undead HD = 4
Turn Damage: 2d6+5 = 1 + 6 (rolls) + 3 (turn level) + 2 (Cha) = 12 HD]
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Attack roll: 17+6=23
Damage Roll: 2 [/i]
Parts of a zombie's arm shatter and burnt flesh and bone spray everywhere!
OOC - Draven rolls 11 +6 bonus =17
Alex does not have Precise shot so he shoots, but as Tarlyn is in melee there he unfortunately shoots wide.

The zombies suffer pain and suffering from Lucius' and Valerian's turning but are still coming. 2 have wandered off......

The closest to Tarlyn tries to club him good. Luckily the club only nicks Tarlyn, knocking him back a notch and doing (18 dmg)..

Another zombie swings his club at Valerian hitting him on the arm, knocking him back as well.(15 dmg)

The last zombie trips on a rock, stumbling. In the process, it stumbles into Van and knocks him over and they tumble away from the tent into the rain! Van will lose the next round trying to disentangle himself from the undead thing. DO a Fort save Van please as well at -2
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Valerian winced as the undead lashed him a bone-jarring blow on the arm, dissipated somewhat through his armor. Assuming he survived the night, his whole arm would be one giant bruise tomorrow. Well, no time to worry about that now.

Raising the symbol of Ezra in his wounded hand, he chanted the holy phrases.

"May Ezra guide my hand and aid my cause, May she spurn the wicked and comfort the valiant, May she chastise and burn the unrighteous!"

At the conclusion of Valerian's shout, a beam of bright light shot forth from the holy symbol, directly at the undead.

OOC: Defensively Cast Searing Light. Concentration Check is 11+9=20 vs DC 18. Ranged Touch Attack at 10+3=13, damage is 19
Last edited by NeoTiamat on Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Rolling to the ground entagled with the zombie, Van tries to get free. The zombie is bigger and stronger than him though and the wizard doesn't manage to disentaggle himself. Unfortunately being that close to the zombie makes Van feel sick.

"You filthy creature!"

Yells the evoker as keeps fighting.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Damn!, Draven pulls his shot as Tarlyn moves into the line of fire, this is pointless he thinks, I'll never get a clean shot...

He watches for a few seconds, then sees VAN tackled by one oif the brutes, the others can handle themselves but I dont like VAN's chance hand to hand with those abominations..mind you I dont fancy mine alone either....

Spotting Tack to his right with pistol in hand he shouts "William we cant shoot form here, but VAN needs help, quickly!"

With that Draven breask into a run over towards where he last saw VAN...
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn strikes the zombie in front of him twice more, this time effectively ending it's existence. His right blade slices through the thing's neck. It's head falls to the ground and rolls away into the night. The body falls away from Tarlyn, crumpling to the ground in a useless heap of rotting flesh.

Suddenly Tarlyn yells out as a hand appears out of nowhere. It touches Tarlyn and a blackish/bluish light emanates from his body.
(Inflict serious wounds)
He staggers and tumbles clumsily out of the way, cursing in a foreign tongue. Standing where the hand was is http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119 ... wess_2.jpg

Tarlyn's eyes go wide a moment then he spits on the ground and concentrating slightly he appears now in his natural form(My avatar is what he looks like). He addresses her in Drow. "Dos detholus natha bwael tangi ulu el, e'trit del orbb valsharess! Ussta velven orn fay'laph lil tyav del dosst vlos pholor mina, elg'caress!" As Tarlyn charges her he utters a few arcane phrases.
[True Strike]
The priestess is shocked, but only for a moment as Tarlyn changes to his real form. "Yibin jaluk, lu'oh kuuv dos thrityh natha Yathrin del lil Orbb Valsharess? Dos orn yaith whol nindol hawressae xuil dosst dro!" She clutches her symbol and begins chanting.

Translations:
Tarlyn:You chose a good day to die filth of the spider queen. My blades will savor the taste of your blood on them, bitch!

Priestess:Weak male, how dare you attack a Priestess of the Spider Queen? You will pay for this insolence with your life!
Last edited by steveflam on Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius digs something small out of one of his pouches, utters a brief incantation, waves his hands, and vanishes.

[OOC cast Invisibility on self]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Posting for lostboy

Post by steveflam »

Alexander, seeing Van in trouble, unsheathes his rapier. Heroically he rushes over to the tangled bodies and stabs at the undead Ogre.
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1321882
[Hits a critical! Unfortunately you cannot do extra damage to undead beacause of a critical hit!]

Successfully Alex stabs the Ogre in the eye, making it lose it's hold on Van and roll away. It clutches it's eye or at least where it used to be. Now the rancid orb is stuck on Alex's rapier like a marshmallow on a stick.
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Marentor's fingers had begun to trace the preparatory signs for Scorching Ray, but before he had time to even form the words, he saw his classmate and colleague Van fall to the embrace of the foul corpse.

Hurriedly forming the "cancel" sigil, he retraced his gestures and altered it into a simpler, more straightforward incantation.

Suddenly, two glowing bolts appeared in midair next to him. With a hand gesture pointing, the two bolts flew in an unerring streak towards the zombie grappling Van.

[Lucky roll! 2d4+2 came out as 4 and 4 (+2) = 10]

Marentor looked around, but his human eyes found nothing in the gloom. Calling out a silent message to Hailang, he said Roach-Smiter! Circle round and tell me if anybody's in the area, controlling these bags of bones!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Finally free from the zombie, Van with some effort gets up and goes back. His face has a disgusted grimace and he holds his stomach.

"Thank you very much" Says as he looks the zombie.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven pushes VAN behind him, "No time! Get back from it, we can do more damage with space between us. I doubt I can hold him alone, do you have any useful magic up your sleeve?"

He brings his rapier round in front of him as they back away. Suddenly Draven stops dead as if frozen in place, the blood drains from his face as he stares at the rotting, pus-filled, eyeball sliding slowly down the thin blade in front of him...
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius sees one of the zombies fly while another rolls with Van and is engaged by Marentor and Draven. He gasps at the strange elf woman that appears before Tarlyn, but he recognizes she's beyond her league.

Thinking that Van's zombie is already under control, he aims at the other one. He stretches his hands two small bolts of light form in his palms and run straight at the target.

[OOC: magic missile at 3rd level: 2d4+2 --> 7
http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1322514]
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven's mind clears, the tide of darkness rising in his mind, ebbs away, he flciks the blade sending the glistening eyeball sailing back towards its rotting owner.

Still moving backwards he attmepts to put enough distance between himself and the zombie to bring his crossbow to bear. I dotn fancy trading blows with that..
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Round 2 of Zombies(ALready covered T and the Priestess):
Suddenly, two glowing bolts appeared in midair next to him. With a hand gesture pointing, the two bolts flew in an unerring streak towards the zombie grappling Van.

[Lucky roll! 2d4+2 came out as 4 and 4 (+2) = 10]
Pieces of flesh fall off the zombie where the bolts hit, it's leg falling to pieces. The thing falls to the ground, still trying to move.
Thinking that Van's zombie is already under control, he aims at the other one. He stretches his hands two small bolts of light form in his palms and run straight at the target.

[OOC: magic missile at 3rd level: 2d4+2 --> 7
The missile hits true and the undead thing stops moving, put to it's real final resting place.

William tries to shoot a zombie but misses it.
May Ezra guide my hand and aid my cause, May she spurn the wicked and comfort the valiant, May she chastise and burn the unrighteous!"

At the conclusion of Valerian's shout, a beam of bright light shot forth from the holy symbol, directly at the undead.

OOC: Defensively Cast Searing Light. Concentration Check is 11+9=20 vs DC 18. Ranged Touch Attack at 10+3=13, damage is 19
The zombie recieves the full brunt of the light, and its chest caves in revealing it's rotting lungs and ribs. It tries valiantly to attack Valerian but fails miserably. It looks to be at 10% of it's full capacity.
Marentor looked around, but his human eyes found nothing in the gloom. Calling out a silent message to Hailang, he said Roach-Smiter! Circle round and tell me if anybody's in the area, controlling these bags of bones!
The appearance of the dark elf woman priestess confirms what Maruento suspects.

End of round 2
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Still affected by the disgusting smell of the zombie, Van only nods to Draven as goes back, with one hand taps his mouth and nose and with the other keeps holding his stomach. He still feels a bit dizzy but his head starts finally clearing.

Seeing that the zombie is almost dead, Van decides that is better finish with it so he and his companions can deal with the drow priestess.

Waving his hands and pronounce the exact arcane words, 3 lighting bolts appear. Two of them hit the zombie and the 3rd goes to the drow.
- W H A T ! ? !