MotRD: The Master of Dmitrovich (comments)

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

MotRD: The Master of Dmitrovich (comments)

Post by Sylaire »

Well...there really ought to be at least one post in this subforum each month, right? :D

Seriously speaking, TMoD is a short story I originally wrote about ten years ago. I'm still not quite sure what made me decide to use a Russian patronymic as a place name--and worse yet, the title place name...

As for the story itself, looking back I find that the ending is a trifle obvious. Seriously, a big, flashing neon sign wouldn't have been any more obvious, but I do think it establishes the classic Gothic atmosphere well, especially in the early passages, and the Master's modus operandi is, at least, worthy of a Ravenloft villain. People do always assume, after all, that, one's minions are similar/connected to one's self...

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the story, and wish me luck...with good fortune, I'll have "A Gentleman by Moonlight" finished in time to take you back to Martira Bay for Halloween.
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

If it helps, I was actually really surprised the Master was a vampire. :wink:

I look forward to your new story with relish!
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."