Kartakass: The Nova Vaasa Chapter

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

She didn't take very long to answer Valerian. "Yes I agree. As long as that elf keeps his dagger to himself, I'll abide by your decision and follow you and your party. I accept the deal."
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

"Tarlyn? He's mostly bark, nice enough fellow when you get to know him. Now just give me a moment..."

It took a bit, but Valerian managed to untie the ropes binding Josephina. He kept a watchful eye on the werewolf as she stood and rubbed her sore muscles, one hand holding his holy symbol and a spell on the tip of his tongue if his hopes were proved false.

"Friends, I introduce to you Miss Josephina Lerbin. She'll be joining us on our Ezra-given quest."

Valerian waited for the inevitable backlash.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Dravens raises his eyes to the sky as he hears the words of the bargain spoken Oh good, another monster in our midst, he thinks.

He is about to open his mouth to object when he catches sight of Valerians face, something tells him the Ezran wont be convinced lightly to change his mind. Well Im not going to be the one to watch over it, if the warden wanted a burden he has it now.

The chill night has sapped the heat of the battle from his limbs, wihtout the adrenaline, his mind turns to other thoughts.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn silently walks back to the party, mind on the ravens. Are they mages? 3 mages whom can change shapes is a formidable trio, even for us. Perhaps they are something else? Maybe Valerian or Maruento know more about this. Van and Cornelius might know something too, being mages. I won't worry for now, but I'll keep an eye out from now on.

Walking back into their makeshift camp, his mind becomes fully alert as his hands go to his scabbards. The woman was untied and standing at that! What in the 9 hells? How come she is free?

Hurrying into their chosen spot for the evening, he looks around at everyone with a raised eyebrow.

"So I have news. But first things first. Why is she untied and standing?"
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

"She will be coming with us." Valerian says simply.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"She... what? It's a joke right Valerian? You cannot believe that we will continue our trip with a werewolf right?"

Says Van astonished from the Warden's words.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

"And whyever not? Aren't those who've fallen farthest the ones that need the most aid in climbing back into the light?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn didn't say anything at first. HE just eyed the woman then Valerian, then back to her again. "Well," he said, "You are in the company of a dark elf are you not? Now we can add a lycanthrope to the fray." Looking intensely at the woman, he spoke, ice dripping from his voice. "My dear, if you harm a hair on any of these men here, your life is forfeit. Understood?"

She merely nods then hides behind the warden and keeps quiet.

Shrugging, Tarlyn continues. "I folllowed the raven until it stopped in a tree. I guess the familiars thought it not a threat or got impatient, and returned. A short time later, 2 more ravens appeared on the horizon from the west this time and they rested in the same tree as the first one, silent. A few minutes later they landed in the clearing there. And slowly they began to shift and grow until they were humans! I didn't bother staying as I felt it wise to come speak to you of this."

Tarlyn stops speaking and looks at everyone. "Any ideas?"
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

PLeased he's not the only one against the idea, a small smile touches Dravens lips.

But then Valerian speaks and the smile slips away.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"It's better be cautious when we talk in fron of her Tarlyn, she is a werewolf, not an ally. Remember that. You are a dark elf, but a known priest send you to us and you said that you have regret for what have you done to your previous life. The werewolf says only that she will not attack us. Sorry but I'm still concerned, she is not a human, she is... she is a werewolf for God's shake! How can we sleep in peace having her around? We don't know how and when she transforms in werewolf."

Says Van casting some worried looks to Josephina.

"As about the ravens, they might be druids. They can change their form in animals."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn raises an eyebrow at Van's remarks. Smiling, he responds. "But of course, Van. I have been around for over 160 years I know she can hear what we all say. Trust me she will die if she betrays us, no iifs ands or buts. Yes I have some things to forgive, it is true. BUt that is my business, noone elses. I hope that is clear in your mind. Now as to her being a werewolf, we know she is and shall keep alert to trouble from her." He stops talking a moment, hoping he made his point to van. He continues on. "As for the raven's I am not sure they were druids. I have seen a druid change and it was not like that. It was almost like when josephina changed from werewolf to her human shape to be honest."
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

This isnt going anywhere, Draven thinks to himself, Valerian isnt going to give up on a conversion to the ezran cause, regardless if its truthful or not. Ive better things to be doing.

Shivering in the cold air Draven says "I need some food and rest, you can stand here in the dark argueing all you want, however unless any of us is willing to kill the girl in cold blood, the choice appears to have been made. I think it unwise to let her run off into the night knowing that somehting else she could be working with is out there."

With that he turns on his heel and walks back towards the tent, disapearing inside.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

"Really...? And here I had always believed that humanity was in the soul, not the shape." Valerian shakes his head at Van. "For shame. Tell me, are we all so virtuous here that we dare not offer forgiveness to one who needs it?"

"Where would we be if no one offered us a hand in our time of need," the priest continues, his eyes locked with Tarlyns. "Or are we all so certain that we shall never need kindness?" Valerian looks at Draven's retreating back. "Ezra reached out to me when I was lost, alone, without friend or family, with only ghosts of the past about me. To not try to help another, whatever their circumstances, would be a dereliction of my duty to Ezra, to Miss Lerbin, and to myself."

"Besides," Valerian continued in a businesslike way, "We've defeated her fellows without too much in the way of trouble, I'm sure we can handle a lone werewolf. And we will be standing watch at night."

Warden Grane reaches out and pats Van on the shoulder. "Worry not, Ezra forgives all."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a bit of thought, he continued. "As Josephina changes... wereravens?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van sighs and says:

"Ok Valerian she can stay. I hope Ezra enlight us and find a way to cure her. Nevertheless I think we should get watches 3 together instead of 2 from now on. We don't know if there are not other werewolves out there ready to attack us. Ask her though, how she become a werewolf, if she has a trigger or something. I prefer to be cautious with her."
- W H A T ! ? !
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

"A wise idea." The Warden nods.

Turning to Josephine, he says quietly, and in Vaasi. "Tell me, my daughter, what brings about your transformations?"