The Lost Journals - Comments

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Lost Journals - Comments

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

I've returned after what feels like a lifetime and a series of unfortunate events. Like losing everything on my computer aside from some critical records I hadn't backed up since 2010 because of my own inept attempts at diagnosing an SSD gone bad. Quitting my career in IT to shift over to lab work. And the rather (physically) painful process of accepting that I am now middle aged. Amazing what change in as little as a year.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:I've returned after what feels like a lifetime and a series of unfortunate events. Like losing everything on my computer aside from some critical records I hadn't backed up since 2010 because of my own inept attempts at diagnosing an SSD gone bad. Quitting my career in IT to shift over to lab work. And the rather (physically) painful process of accepting that I am now middle aged. Amazing what change in as little as a year.
As I entered my 40s I took an interest in my health, lost 22kg, and normalized all my bloodwork. Middle aged sucks, to be sure, but you can reverse some of the damage.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Unless there's a process to replace potentially-cancerous cells with healthy ones, there isn't much I can do to reverse the damage I'm facing. My doctors are amazed I lived this long given my medical history, and I've made peace with the fact my remaining life is measured in years at best, rather than decades. Whatever happens will happen.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I had no idea of this.
I am sorry to hear it.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Sorry to hear that as well. Here's hoping for the best outcome available to you!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:Unless there's a process to replace potentially-cancerous cells with healthy ones, there isn't much I can do to reverse the damage I'm facing. My doctors are amazed I lived this long given my medical history, and I've made peace with the fact my remaining life is measured in years at best, rather than decades. Whatever happens will happen.
Sorry to hear that, and I hope the best.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Just saw this. Wow, friend, I wish you all the best with this.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Thanks for the replies, folks. Like I said, I've made peace with reality and I'll leave this mortal coil with no regrets...so long as my cat lives out his natural lifespan first. Some people have spouses and/or kids, I have a feline friend. :P
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

They're very warm and intriguing companions to have, especially if you get along well.

I offer you my respect, for your dignity and courage.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Hey, Mikhal.

How are you doing?