Hazlan: Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes it will be an honor share spell with a powerful wizard as you Jacob." Says Van totally agreeing with Lucius idea.

Then he turns to Draven and says:

"Well Alex, these are ogres. They are a kind of giant. I have seen them only in the books from which I studied nature. They are very rare. They are very strong but not intelligent. Unfortunately I don't speak giant so I cannot do the questions myself. Tarlyn, Jacob do you speak giant?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

'' Well, maybe the speak a language I know. Let's try.''

Cornelius walks over to the nearest ogre and begins questioning him in Darkonese.

''Can you understand me?''

[OOC If the ogre doesn't respond, he'll repeat it in-

Dwarven

Balok

Vaasi

Mordentish]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven nods to Van. "Uncommon indeed, I have never seen the like of these before."

He watches Cornelius question the creatures, recognising most of the languages spoken, and just to be sure he calls as well "Perhaps you understand me?" [Falkovian] "Or maybe n....." [Lamordian] He stops mid sentance glancing around swiftly and scratching his hand rapidly.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I'll try this one."

Van speaks to the ogres in draconic and says:

"Who did that spell to you?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn looks to Van "I don't speak their language. Though maybe if Jacob here can get through to them, I'm sure we can get some information out of them" he says eagerly as he looks to his blades and wiggles his eyebrows.

Jacob spoke up then. "I don't know their language but as my spell is still in effect I can speak to them. Tarlyn I don't think scaring them is the answer. Keep your blades to yourself, and let me see what I may learn."
He walks up to the rock imprisoned goblins. He looks at them and smiles.

"Why have you come here to attack these people?"

The injured ogre is about to speak but the healthier one speaks first.
"Three women in cave, our friends, see them coming and send us to kill them! They make us look like puny goblins and make Brak look like orc." he blurts.

"I see. Now I am presuming that you don't want to die, so listen very carefully to what I have to say. You see the other drow there?" Jacob points to Tarlyn, then looks back at the Ogres. "If it were up to him, he'd slit your throats. Now as I am a more lenient person and wish upon you no harm, I offer you this deal which I'd suggest you take." Jacob pauses to let the two ogres think about it, then offers his deal. "I release you. You go away from this place and never return. Find a quiet place somewhere and bother no one in this land. If I find out you haven't done this, I can promise you that we will come back and find you. I think this is a fair deal." Jacob stops speaking to let them think it over.

The healthier ogre doesn't wait to go over it with the other."We accept. Let us go we never come back here nor bother anyone, I swear it.

Jacob looks back to the party and nods, then speaks. "We are letting them go and they'll go from this place and never again bother anyone. I think that's a fair deal. Oh apparently three women made them look like goblins and an orc. Possibly three mages, so I'd be careful about how we tread from here to their cave. One moment, I'll release them."

Concentrating, he once again gets some mud from his pouch and utters the arcane words. There is now mud where the ogres are. Without even as much as a word of goodbye or thank you, the two ogres get up, look at Jacob and run as fast as they possibly can past the party and across the plains.

"So I think obviously the three women can't see us from their cave right now. I am wondering if we should take care of them of just move on. Have you been traveling long? I do think that if these women are here we should perhaps relieve the area of them so they don't bother anyone else who happens to pass by. What do you all think?" Jacob asks.

Tarlyn really hated letting the ogres go but Jacob did have a good point. He was sure they'd never bother anyone again. Now he was offering to perhaps take care of the three mages? That was something he could really go for and said as much. "I am all for it. Three less evil mages can't be a bad thing in my book. We've been traveling almost all day but I'm sure we can handle three mages, especially if you are with us Jacob."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van is a bit surprise from Jacob's decision to leave the ogres flee lika that, but he makes no comment. But when the drow tells them to go after the 3 women mages he says:

"I'm in too. The spell they have casted to transform the ogres to goblins is a powerful one, so despite I believe that it will be dfficult, I think we should stop them. I agree also that they probably haven't seen us from their cave, so we have an advantage."
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''We ought to have asked them where the cave is. Oh well....''

Cornelius seems troubled.

''Old lore has it that hags often come in threes, and associate with ogres and the like. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Much of the conversation slips by Williams attention span as he sits, watching the new arrivals every move. The odds border ridiculous that yet another dark elf appears. Throw in the fact that this particular dark elf serves a noble and just god. And throw in the fact that Tarlyn happens to return to the party shortly before this new dark elf appears. Way too suspicious. Although if this was some elaborate rouse to infiltrate the party, it is clearly a very poor and doomed attempt.
William calmly reloads his flintlock and stows it back in his belt. The journey gets stranger and stranger and yet has a ways to go.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

"Hags?" Draven asks looking slightly alarmed. "We are suggesting to go and take on three Hags? Is it just me or does that sound crazy? Especially as we have not yet reached the border?"

He glances around nervously, new dark elf friend or not this sounded suicidal to Draven. His hands were itching and he needed another dose, but he wasnt about to go wandering into a hags parlour under the effects of morphine.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn smiles at Draven. "Come on Alexander, it'll be grand! I promise I won't let anything happen to you. I'll be in the front doing all the fun stuff while you can use your bow from a distance." he said with an eager gleam in his eye "That way you can still attack and not get hurt."

Jacob didn't blame Draven's reaction at all. "Alexander is it? Well I can cast a spell or two which should help us a great deal. Tarlyn speaks the truth. Use your bow and stay back as I do. I will cast my spells from a distance. As if these are indeed as our friend dwarf says, Hags, I do not want to be anywhere near them. Stay near me and if it goes bad I'll protect you. Sound fair?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''I was merely speculating about the hags. As far as actually going to seek there three women out...I would rather we kept on our way. We need to get to Kartakass soon, do we not?''

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

ewancummins wrote:''I was merely speculating about the hags. As far as actually going to seek there three women out...I would rather we kept on our way. We need to get to Kartakass soon, do we not?''
"Aye, we do. Best we keep on moving...not be sidetracked into what could end our mission prematurely." William nods with a look of grim satsfaction. His eyes momentarily glance from his peripherals at draven and dart back to the distant landscape.
Somethin's scarin the demon boy... He thinks to himself. don't think I wanna catch myself where he dare not tread. Don't know what a hag is, dont wanna know neither.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

"On the one hand, I do fear the hags, and think we should get going. I don't think I have any magic prepared for them, and I'd probably prefer to rehash my spell list before going against them. On the other hand, I do think we should not let such evil thrive, so I can see the merit of going after them. I'll take what the group decides, and I'll not even force you to spend a day, for that would be too much."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I think we should go after the 3 hags. They are dangerous and I don't think it's wise to leave them stay here, they might cast their spells to other creatures and create many problems. I have a lot of offensive spells left and I think that with Tarlyn's and Jacob help we will be ok. Of course that's only my opinion I'll follow the group's decision." Says Van as he looks his companions.
- W H A T ! ? !
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

"I have not seen these creature sin the flesh, but the stories I have heard are enough....." Draven tails off as he looks away form the others.

Sighing he turns his gaze back "The border is close and we do not know if we are pursued, but if you wish to go I will follow, but I say to you now this is folly."