Hazlan: Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius considered Jacob's suggestion for a long while. Sure, he had heard of those following both the clerical and magical path at once, and that was something he did consider. But now that he actually met one of the craft, he decided this was the perfect opportunity to try and learn how to do it himself.

He joined the other mages later in the kitchen

"Hi all, I've never done much in the kitchen before, I'm afraid, but really, this looks like the magic club, so I decided to join.

Anyhow, I think I should remind you and Tarlyn of something, when he comes back. He said he left us in Nova Vaasa, so we have to assume the Tarlyn that was with us since then and until Barovia was probably a doppelganger. Do you remember William noticing his red eyes, and not liking it? Tarlyn should know of this, but more importantly, know that this false Tarlyn DID help us through. He did get us out of Barovia without dying there, so whoever hired him and probably the gang that assaulted Tarlyn seems not to want us dead, but perhaps serviceable for some purpose? Perhaps they want us in Kartakass?

Well, we should ponder this later. Right now, I can see the spirits are high here. Oh, and Jacbo, I really am very interested in taking the carreer you mentioned. Perhaps you could teach me something? Oh, and do we trade spells tonight, or not? I can give you my list..."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I don't think we'll be trading spells this evening. I'd rather relax and enjoy the nice feast and company, Lucius. As for a mystic theurge, well first of all you have to be able to cast spells of such level as invisibility for the arcane and be able to cast such a spell as bull's strength as a divine spellcaster. And you need to have some knowledges in the arcane as well as some theology. If you have all of that, then you are ready to proceed. I found it difficult at first, because you have so much preparation for your spells. You must read your spellbook then pray or vice versa. It usally takes me quite a while before I am ready to start my day!"

Without realising it, almost three hours had passed. You were busy talking and getting to know each other when Tarlyn returned. "I found some rabbit and also" he grins " some deer! We eat well this evening!. And it smells good, whatever it is you have beem cooking." He hands over two rabbits then reaching into his bag, he pulls out several good sized cuts of deer meat! Jacob immediately begins heating the frying pan. He gets a big pot and removes a flask from his bag. He uncorks it and pours the contents into the pot. After he has placed the deer steaks in the pot he begins kneading the meat with the elvish spirits. Satisfied he removes a few conatiners from his bag and opening one after the other, begins sprinkling herbs and spices in the pot. "I wish we could marinate longer, but this will have to do."

HE kneads the meat once more then, satisfied, beginsd frying the deer steaks. "It's important to know that deer is very tender so don't fry it too long or you lose all the flavor of this delicious meat!" Once the steaks are done, he heats the vegetables once more and once they are heated, begins making plates for everyone. "Ok let's all sit at the table and enjoy!"