The Eye of Anubis: Book Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

"Jervis..Thanks" Andre managed a smile, having heard that he in fact, had not said anything about fish paste. He actually muttered a quick prayer, resting a hand on Jervis. He then looked about for the...thing..and the items. Of course, the fact that he couldn't see the thing made looking for it kind of moot, but it was the principle of the thing, which wasn't..

Spot result of 6. I see that i am in fact, wearing pants, and Jervis gets back 8hp, casting a cure light
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

Andre nodded when Tomas was passed off to Kuzan, knowing the Lamordian was in good hands now. However, he had other issues to deal with. For one, dropping a certain spell he had up. The second...was checking over the retrieved items. A detect magic, cast upon the lot of them. After that...concentration. Needless to say, the results suprised him. A small, legless spider..and the book.

"Lia...could you come over here please?" He asked, almost shouting to hear himself over the still slightly present ringing. "I've found something, and I want your opinion."

Detect Magic on the items retrieved from the room
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

Kuzan resisted the urge to snap at the surly barbarian. He figured that would end very badly. For himself, not for Jervis. The priest had been in numerous bar brawls and had faced off against men at least Jervis's strength before (it came with being a sailor). But something about this man was more frightening than the others.

He looked back at the mill a moment, then did a double-take, staring back at Jervis. Kuzan shook his head. It wasn't his imagination. How odd. His brow creased in confusion.

But he didn't really have much time to think about it before he had an unconscious Tomas lying on the ground before him. The priest checked Tomas's vitals just to make sure nothing was deeply wrong and then nodded.

"Magical sleep," he murmured and began to try and lift Tomas up. There'd be no crossing the stream, but Kuzan remembered a bridge about half a mile downriver that they could use to get back to Ravnika. It'd be a long trek, but he thought he could manage.

And hopefully someone would remember to get his shirt and his armor.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ulsaon remained quiet through the trek and up the path. She grew afraid for Tomas' safety when he entered the Mill. She quietly observed the goings on then the great explosion. Seeing Kuzan remove his items, she frowned. Then Kuzan had Tomas and departed, leaving his items behind. Well I'd want them back if I was him. I don''t think it matters any but I'll get them and bring then to him. I'd want the same if it was I.

Ulsaon retireves Kuzan's items and follows him, and when he has stopped and tended to Tomas, gives them to him. "Here's your things, sir." She moves off and lets him tend to Tomas.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

(Natural 20 on a Ride check to keep my horse from bolting or throwing me off. Wheee~ Using the rope and taking 10 for those Swim checks ... 17 and 27. That's enough, right?)

Lia startles when the mill explodes, but manages to keep her seat. Some gentle pressure on the reins prevents her snorting mount from rushing off, as well.

"Easy, boy," Lia says soothingly, stroking the horse's neck. "Easy." As soon as the great animal has calmed down and Andre calls for her, she dismounts and ties the reins to a handy tree. "Have some grass," she suggests, patting the horse again and sneaking it a sugar cube. "I'll be back."

"I hate getting my clothes wet," Lia grumbles quietly as she seizes the rope and starts to pull herself across the river. Once on the other bank, she trudges over to where the others are gathered. 'An unseen servant spell?' she guesses when she sees the objects hovering by Andre and being offered to him. 'It certainly isn't Telekinesis. He couldn't have the power.'
"Very well," Lia says as she squats down near the others. "Glad you made it out alive. What am I looking at, here ...?"
Lia mutters under her breath as she looks at the jars and the tome ...

(Detect Magic and giving them a thorough look-over before she actually touches anything.)
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

"The Spider without legs...It's magic, but I can't tell what. The book is under some sort of abjuration effect. I can possibly disrupt the effect, but I wanted your opinion before doing so." He offered a weak smile, and winced as he turned towards her, his own injuries finally remembered. "Do..excuse me a moment?" A quickly uttered prayer in Souragnien caused the few wounds he had sustained to close.

"There, much better"

Cure moderate on myself for 7
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"For now, let's take these items back to the inn," Lia suggests, gently taking the book and spider from Andre, "and get some rest. It would be better to tackle these new challenges with all our wits and magical energies restored, yes?"
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

"That sounds like an excellent idea...though we should wait for Tomas to wake, I think. There is NO way I'm dragging him again..I don't think I've the strength left." He offers, with a weak smile "And..er..could you please explain the things..er..floating? Please?" Andre said, his voice quiet..and actually a bit uncertian.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Finally breaking his way back to the path, Charles surveys the scene. It doesn't look good; the mill has been leveled to the foundations, and someone appears to be seriously injured on the far side of what Charles has mentally christened "the raging flood". "Is everyone all right?" he calls. "Should we go back to the village for help?"
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

yalenusveler wrote:"We should wait for Tomas to wake, I think. There is NO way I'm dragging him again. And..er..could you please explain the things..er..floating? Please?" Andre said, his voice quiet..and actually a bit uncertain.
Lia frowns behind her mask and veil. "You mean you're not the one who levitated these items?" she asks in a sharp tone. "You didn't cast Unseen servant or some such enchantment?"
Quickly, she rises, one hand rising to shoulder level as she focuses her stare on the items still floating in mid-air. If nothing is floating any longer, she just scans the area.

(Detect Magic is still active.)
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

"Zzzzzsssnnnoooorrrtttzzzzzzz..." Tomas has graduated to snoring "softly', if we think of "a rusty chainsaw" as "soft", that is.
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

"I think, *oof* if I *oof* get some help *oof* we can *oof* get him *oof* back *oof* all right," Kuzan managed to almost shout back to Charles.

He had one of Tomas's arms around his shoulders, and had one hand under the Lamordian's and was half-lifting, half-dragging the unconscious man along downstream. He never would've thought that someone so darn skinny would be so darn heavy.

And then the lawnmower started running in his ear. Kuzan almost dropped his charge in surprise. But he scrambled and lifted Tomas back up, plodding ever-so-slowly downstream toward the distant bridge.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"You know," Lia calls to Kuzan as she hauls Andre to his feet, "if you just get him across the water, you could load him up behind my saddle. But whatever we do, let's just leave this place and go to the inn. I do not know about the rest of you, but after today, I want my bed. And a drink."
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

"He's heavy," Kuzan shot back, sounding a touch irritable, "There's no way I'm swimming across with him!"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

"M'selle Mourneswaith, you still can...er..." Charles looks around, realizes that everyone here is or will be in on the "secret" of Lia's arcane abilities, and continues, "You can still use provide the means to lift him, can't you? You mentioned something to that effect earlier."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: