The Eye of Anubis: Book Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

"I'd prefer to keep that one in reserve, now we're not in immediate danger," Lia replies. She sags a little. "Besides, I am truly bone weary, and there's a bridge, I see. Let's try doing this the conventional way, shall we?"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Charles looks up at the darkening sky and says, "Well...truly I think a more expeditious solution is best. If we have to carry him all the way to the bridge we'll be traveling until well after nightfall, I think."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

The Abandoned Mill
April 26th, 761, 6:14 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image

Jervis nodded brusquely as Andre healed him, then looked at Kuzan struggling to lift Tomas. He did not offer to help carry the Lamordian.

The mercenary stooped to grab the longsword he had left on the shore when the mill had exploded, and then stood again, looking at the gear he had left on the other side of the river. "Bah..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loup, meanwhile, was looking at the river as though it were the worst enemy of all of mankind, and dogkind also, for that matter. Whining piteously, the huge, husky Alsatian paced the riverbank, pressing its head against the bank when the mill exploded.

This just wouldn't do. Loup had the honor of all canines to uphold. Well, nothing for it. The dog whined a little more, than, apparently having made a decision, backed off from the riverbank a bit.

....And with a running start jumped into the water. Loup doggy-paddled for all he was worth, braving the raging water so as not to be left out of this celebration of life. And besides, he'd had a long day, the swim was refreshing.

It took a bit of effort, but finally, the Alsatian-wolf hybrid dragged himself out onto the far bank of the river. You had to admit, that for a dog with normally extremely handsome, thick fur, Loup resembled nothing so much as a sodden, fur-covered skeleton.

Loup trotted up to where Tomas, Lia, Andre, Kuzan and Jervis all gathered around, and shook himself off before nosing a bit at Tomas.

And you all got a bit more wet.

"I'll bring the horse around, I think we've enough time." Guy called, watching with amused tolerance at the way his dog gave those gathered an impromptu shower. "There's a bridge to the south."

Karl's Folly
April 26th, 761, 7:12 PM

Image Image Image Image Image

And that was exactly what happened. It took a while for Dapplewort to be lead to the far side of the bank, no paths having lead to the mill for years, but eventually it happened and you all managed to get Tomas onto the horse. He was still snoring.

By the time you reached Karl's Folly, it was getting along towards darkness. Samael and Carter were waiting for you in front of the inn. Maleagant gazed at the group with a somewhat amused look.

"I just can't leave you people alone, can you?" Samael shook his head. "What happened? Why is Herr Eisenwald taking his beauty sleep right now?"
Last edited by NeoTiamat on Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Lia dismounts from Dapplewort and helps unload Tomas.
"We found the place where Cavendish was holed up while he was here," she brusquely replies while loosening her mount's tack and saddle. "It was set on fire, probably to cover his tracks, mister Eisenwald went in, there was a sleep trap ... And here we are."
Lia leads her horse into the stable, and returns after a few minutes, making a beeline for the inn's common room. If there's any staff on call, she speaks thusly: "I would like a warm meal if you can still provide one, please, brought to my room. No poultry. And a bottle of red wine and a glass. If you don't have any red wine or food left, forget it."
Lia briefly turns to the rest of the group. "I am sure there is a lot to speak of, but unless anyone feels it is outrageously important, I suggest we do it in the morning, after breakfast. Let's just go to bed for now."
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

"I am with Lia on this matter, excepting the food--such a day is requiring nothing like a good sleep, for perspective and otherwise." To the group:
"Good night, everybody!" To the dog: <Good night, Loup!>

And with that, the gunsmith turned and plodded up the stairs to bed.

It hit him as he was taking off his boots.

Wait...was I just talking to the...?
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

"We survived what is hopefully, Cavendish' last deathtrap scheduled for us for Barovia." Andre said, having retrieved Pumpkin from the saddlebags, thankfully now dried off so he wasn't dealing with kitty claws. "And we all need a good bit of rest, which Tomas decided to get a bit of a head start on."
Andre offered, with an uncharacteristic smile.

"Lia, tomorrow morning I'd like to go over what we found with you. I've a theory on what MIGHT be in that book. If so, It'll prove most useful. Also, if you can..I've my gift from Marilena to puzzle over." He approaches the veiled woman, and whispers to her "I..do think I levitated those things..I'm just unsure of how. Either way..we can discuss in the morning."

"Everyone, have a good night's rest. Today's been unduly trying. We have tasted both loss, and victory. And as such, I believe we've all earned some rest." He smiled, and made his way up the stairs, Pumpkin in tow.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Ravnika Village Square
May 1st, 761, 9:21 AM

It was a sunny, cheery day when you finally left the village of Ravnika, Barovia, home of so much, both good and bad. Burgomeister Sandeluscu, in the best bureaucratic traditions, gave a short civic speech, and Julisca gave a blessing invoking the Morninglord to guard and protect the Expedition.

A few of you even passed by the Fane of Andral, and had the feeling that the lush growth caused by the reawakened rowan tree was spreading. Between that, and the strange growth caused by Otto, you thought that Ravnika was in for a burst of prosperity.

Once all the speeches had been made, which Prof. Pelletier graciously accepted on behalf of Dementlieu, there was a bit of mingling around.

Katya walked up to Kuzan and Lia. "I... want to thank you for saving me. You were very brave, and I would have died without you. Thank you."

"Marku get over here." The big, hulking Barovian acolyte followed his sister, looking as though he had severe misgivings about the wisdom of this course of action. He had something large and flat and triangular under a covered piece of cloth.

"Tomas," Katya looked shyly at the Lamordian, speaking haltingly in High Mordentish. "I wish... say thanks... you...you make me want to live. Without you... I was very sad, but you make me feel better."

The merchant's daughter nodded to Marku, who passed Tomas the big cloth-covered item. It was a shield, a heavy, triangular shield made of silvery metal. There was a device painted on it, a bit worn, but still bright. A dove flying through the air.

"Was my grandfathers... you should have it." Katya stood up on tip toes and planted a kiss on Tomas's cheek. "Come back....please."

And not long afterwards, you passed out of Barovia and onward, onward to the Tomb of Menetnashte. You had gained an enemy, John Lancaster Cavendish, in all his maniacal glory, but you had also gained friends.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

"Oh, um, please, I was just trying to help, I...gosh..." The shield is spilled in Tomas's arms before he can protest the gift, feeling a bit overwhelmed. A family heirloom?! "This is, too generou..."

And then, the first girl who isn't Tomas's mother kisses him. Sure, it's on the cheek, but. Well.

Fighting a losing battle against the bright red blush coloring his pale skin, Tomas manages a halting, "...ga...s..sure...I meaning, I vill, ah..." Tomas swallows. "I'll w-write you." He finishes very quickly, turning around and frog marching back towards the caravan.

Well, a little voice in his head says, now we've got a really good reason to bunk down and learn Balok.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"You are quite, quite welcome," Lia says in a grave tone of voice. "Though monsieur Kuzan did more than I." Lia takes her leave of Ekaterina with a small bow and approaches dawnbringer Julisca.
"You have my thanks," she says as she carefully hands over a very old scroll. "This will help my research immensely. I wish you all the best for the future."