The Eye of Anubis: Book Three

Online roleplaying at the Café
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Khalil waits a moment for Ulsaon to stop crying so hard, then he gently helps her to her feet.

"Be strong little one, as I say we all have dark days and dangerous roads ahead. If it will help you remember I swore a blood oath back in Ravnika, and I intend to see it through one way or another, Cavendish will regret his actions." he adds grimly.

Now if you are up to it shall we walk a little and see what is of such interst to the others?"
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Nisanci Estate, Western Elazig District, Hazlan
May 15th, 761, 11:26 AM; Day 59 of the Menetnashte Expedition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

There were a half-dozen covered wagons in front of Basler's home when the group exited the building, and somehow, out in the sunlight, they seemed altogether more cheerful to Lia than the dead things she had seen back in the gloomy wood. Horses pulled the wagons, proud chestnuts and bays, and a few Vistani walked alongside the wagons.

Dani rushed out of the manor house, and with a wild shriek of delight that made him altogether younger than his years, rushed at the wagons, climbing up as agile as a young monkey. He wrapped his arms around the young, serious-looking woman who sat in the driver's seat of one wagon. "Auntie Aishe!"

Aishe held the young boy close, and the other Vistani crowded around, speaking quickly in a rapid, musical tongue of which only Lia could make heads or tails, and even then, not often. They were a dusky-skinned, dark-haired people, and their garb was practical, reds and beiges and yellows, good strong cloth occasionally marred by a few stains of indeterminate quality.

"Oh, Dani...Dani, Dani, Dani..." Aishe repeated the boy's name like a litany. For a few moments, all giorgios were forgotten, and the world seemed to encompass simply the small tribe.

Suddenly, a silence fell, as the back of the vardo opened, and the raunie stepped out. Madame Florica was young, and at once beautiful and powerful, the way a summer storm or a fast stream is both at once. Small and dainty, perhaps bare inches over five feet, she moved with a dancer's easy, assured grace, a red scarf covering her lush raven hair.

"I greet you, Giorgios," Madame Florica began gravely, "And I thank you for the return of Dani."

At the mention of his name, the child grinned, even as Madame Florica continued, the smallest hint of a smile in her alluring face. "I am told that you seek to travel hence. So do we. Perhaps we may share paths, for a time?"

Looking around quickly for any objections, Samael stepped forward and bowed deeply, as though Florica were a Dementlieuse grand dame. "We would be honored, Madame."
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

Vistani guides?

Tomas Eisenwald may be a little...well, he's not stupid, but sometimes the boy gets foolish notions, it can't be denied. But even he's not going to spit something like that in the face.

He keeps to the back, both because of linguistics troubles, and because his 'twernt nothin ma'am' face seems most approprate for this situation.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ulsaon nods feebly to Khalil and gathering her courage follows him back to the party. When she sees Aishe she nods to the woman. She bows in respect to Madame FLorica. Speaking in a low voice "We are honored you would travel with us, old mother" she looks at Madame Florica "and thank you for the opportunity to do so. Thankful we are that young Dani is returned to you." Ulsaon tries to hide herself amongst the expedition members once she has spoken.
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

Otto takes a hesitant step forward.

"Yes. I think that such a thing would be...educational. For all of us."

Tell her now?

...Work up to it. Now's not the time--give it a few days, before you stir up old ghosts. Her sake, and yours.

Still--on the road with my kid's birth family?

...You said this was going to be a learning experience. Guess you were right.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Nisanci Estate, Western Elazig District, Hazlan
May 15th, 761, 11:26 AM; Day 59 of the Menetnashte Expedition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Were this a proper tale of adventure, then you would have departed with the Vistani that very moment. As it was, a full hour passed before the Menetnashte Expedition was ready to depart. Gear had to be gather, horses prepared, and a full twenty-odd people do not move with rapid speed.

And yet, finally, you were done. All was in readyness, and you prepared to depart the Core, land that had been the home of so many of you. Basler and Nizam were there as you left, the apprentice waving with a small smile, Basler, clasping hands with Samael for a final moment before the departure.

"It was good to see you, old friend." The Red Wizard said to the Borcan, who grinned and nodded, "And all of you, I wish you well."

"Goodbye..." Nizam said, stroking the fur on the back of Masal's neck, the huge krenshar watching you leave. "And thank you."
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing