RL:O - The City of Spices

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"First thing drow, if you call my spellbook that boring book one more time, you will find yourself at the end of a lightingbolt! and if your natural resistance to spells or your agility save you, I'll do it again and again!" Says Inovidil winking to Jarg, then she continues:

"I know you are not Elvira, I do miss that halfling...I'm glad to have you here though, we have lived amazing adventures togeter and I consider you a friend as well. Come now, I never said no to a drink!"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise is pleased that he's gotten Shana's interest in "wisp hunting" (and, yes, he doesn't mention the marsh aspect -- "The disappearances occurred somewhere beyond a field..." :wink: ). But as they discuss matters one night, he wants to get more information about their "patron." He has met Sergej and thought him an earnest-enough fellow -- and he's pleased that Sergej has accepted his companions' recommendation of Blaise -- yet still...

"Shana," he asks quietly, "how much do you know about this man? Do you trust him?" He looks around -- the passage they're in seems much too quiet. "Words echo here," he says. "They bounce off the walls like limericks off a paladin's skull ... can you recommend a place where we're less likely to be overheard? Your choice, m'dear."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

As they leave, Jarg says to Inovidil "Then you can drink for both of us. When we get to the port, put up the hood of your cloak. We'll fit in nicely with the rest of the rabble there."

Son enough they arrive in the port and flipping up their hoods, Jarg grins at Inovidil as he removes a hairpin from his hair beneath the hood and places it in his bag. He choses a dingy looking tavern. Once they've entered Jarg finds a spot near the back of the tavern with a good view of the front. The crowd is already in full swing as they enter and they garner a few dirty looks, but conversations are continued, the two new patrons forgotten. Jarg waits for Inovidil to sit, then sits with his back to the wall. "Keep on your toes, here they'd kill you first before asking questions. I am hoping my true nature may help us find some fun this evening!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil looks around, she doesn't like this place. She says in low voice:

"Jarg are you sure this is the right place to be? And if trhe patrons here notice your true nature they will probably attack us and I'm not ready for a fight...yoo shoul have tole me before that we would go to a place like this so I could have casted some protective spells on me..."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"C'mon, Inovidil" he looks around and whispers to her "Are you kidding me? The lot of them would be terrified if only to think there are more of me around, my dear. Fear not! Live a little." Jarg orders an ale for himself and Inovidil, then looks around.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Ok Jarg. But how can we get info if we don't talk to them?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Just sit back and listen, Inovidil. Soon enough they will be drunk beyond reason and we'll hear a few juicy morsels. Patience, patience!"

OOC: Gather info, Jarg will do a roll so can Ino. See what happens! I am off to play my 2nd edition campaign, so I'll check later on, Van.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Ok Jarg, you know that I prefer actio to patience, but alas...it seems we should do what you said."

Says Inovidil and gets a sip of her drink.
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"well, if you want a quiet place to talk this field would be best... we can talk on the way. Or if you prefer more noisy cover we can go to a docks tavern. No noble spies will stick their noses in there!"
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise says, "To the docks then, Shana! I look forward to a good drink, or at least a good barroom brawl, as we talk. The farther we are from any religious zealotry and icons, the better ... the image of Ezra still haunts my dreams at times.

"But enough dark thoughts. Until we get to our destination, tell me of your recent exploits. Bold they were, no doubt," he adds with a smile.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg and Inovidil spend the better part of two hours nursing their drinks. Most conversation they overhear is boring or just not important. After sunset more patrons arrive, a more seedy type of patron. Near 10 p.m both Van amd Jarg can overhear bits of a conversation. It is quite noisy but since they are there for the sole purpose of gathering information, they overhear two men talking, getting a few pieces of the conversation.

".....shipment arrived this evening........

"slaves?"......

".......Moordock...gold....tomorrow night.."

"same place, Pier #2?...."

One man nods.

They both continue speaking in hushed tones, but it is now far too noisy to comprehend anything they say.

Jarg looks to Inovidil. Leaning in he whispers to her "I presume you heard that. I'd love to know more. Slavery is a terrible tning."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes I agree, we had to do something. I think we should go to the port tomorrow and stop them.?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Yes. But we should go see what is actually going on. I doubt just the two of us could take on a whole lot of pirates or criminals, Van. If need be we can follow or prehaps you can study a few spells for such an eventuality, tomorrow. Sound good?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Perfect! I have some spells that would be very useful to us. So what time will we go?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg appears to be thinking. "Well I am presuming that they'll do this dirty work at night when most people are dead asleep at around say 2 a.m. I'd say we should rest up tomorrow and start scoping it out starting at around 9 p.m."