RL:O - The City of Spices

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

"I'm with Shana -- lengthy discussions and excitement rarely go hand in hand. But as always, I like the way Jarg thinks," Blaise says, nodding at the disguised dark elf. "Let's mix business with pleasure and more pleasure as we spy upon our prospective prey. As a ... tutor of mine once said, 'Study your foes, and watch and hear / To best defeat them with blade and fear.'

"So let's think as we drink," he stands up and nods at Jarg again, "...but not to excess. Shall we be off? Lead the way, friends." With a mischievous bow, he pulls the chair back for Shana.

OOC: Sorry for being out of action longer than planned. I couldn't log in for several days, but ScS fixed my account issues.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg grins at the others and stands, nodding. Exitting the Inn they head into the slummier part of Marsember. You come upon a small home in need of a good paint job, looking mostly functional. Jarg removes a key from his bag and unlocks the door, stepping in. He beckons you inside, and once you're in locks the door behind you. A small hallway greets you. To the left is a doorway. Straight ahead opens into a ten by ten room, which has a few chairs and a table. He moves and lights a few candles and then sits at the table.

"Sit, sit! Let's just say this is a safehouse and leave it at that." Reaching into his bag he removes 3 bottles and sets them on the table. Ah yes, glasses. In the kitchen I think." HE gets up and heads through the doorway. You can hear him opening and closing cupboards. HE emerges holding four glasses by their stems. handing you each one, he sits and breaths a sigh of relief.
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"I certainly won't pry, Jarg," says Blaise, pouring glasses for himself and the others. "I understand the value of taking precautions. 'Planning for a rainy day' or some such nonsense -- but I doubt you ever heard that phrase considering your homeland.

"Inovidil, you asked before what we had been up to in recent days. Well then...." (He then recites most of what is posted here.) "I have to say that paladins have little to no sense of humor. I've met assassins with bigger smiles. I should consider myself lucky that there weren't more of those back home -- paladins, that is, not assassins. We had plenty of those, some even worked for the Church of Ezra." He pauses to let the wine roll around in his glass.

"I'm babbling again, aren't I? Anyway, if we're to get into a fight of some sort, let me tell you what I can do. We didn't have much time to discuss it when first we met. The demons and the burning rivers of lava got in the way.

"I can unleash bolts of arcane energy from my fingertips -- not those magic missile thingies, but something different. And if I wish, the damage it inflicts can chill a man to the bone. I can also cover myself in a mist that weakens some opponents, as well as see things that would be unseen to most eyes, even invisible creatures. And then there are the talents I'm very proud of: I'm a skilled forger. That skill has come in quite handy in this 'brave new world.'"

He holds up his glass. "A toast then ... to adventure, to whimsy, to friends!"
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana drinks to the toast.

"Okay, I have a plan. I'll make it look like spectral ghosts are attacking the slavers, and you can all do chilling effects that will look like they come from the ghosts. The slavers will panic an go down easily. we win! Okay, planning over, drinking begins! To Victory and Wealth!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil drinks to the toast and says:

"It's a good plan Shana, but I don't have such spell. I can do chill only with illusion. Or if you want I can be invisible and cast lighting bolts. It will seem that the ghost are doing it! I can be invisible and cast spells for 70 sec, I hope it will be enough."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"I like the scaring part," says Blaise with a wicked grin, "and I could happily blast the filthy slavers ... but the lightning bolts would draw a LOT of attention, and we don't know how many allies they have on the docks. Besides, Ino, unless you have something I don't know about, wouldn't you turn visible again as soon as you cast the bolt?

"Why not wait until the transaction is in full play -- when the slaves are on the move -- and then attack? Panicking slaves will cause even more chaos! And your lightning bolts could turn be turned against a much more valuable target -- the ship itself! Destroying these pirates' livelihood would be painful indeed." He pauses.

"So can you make any of us invisible, Ino? That could be very handy. I know Jarg can disappear his appearance -- using magic, you cheater! -- " he says, smiling, "-- and as for you, fair Shana, what secret talents lie behind those fetching eyes? Do you have spells of illusion? I suspect sneakiness at first will lead to spectacular success at the finish!"
--W. Somerset Maugham
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Oh I can do illusions that will fool almost anyone and seem utterly real. To all senses except touch. I can also do some visual only ones. I have people standing around hypnotised, gaping at the pretty lights, or call clouds of glittering dust that blind them. Oh, and if anyone else is relying on magic... I can spoil their day! Bring these potential allies on. We can take them!"

I take another swig and grin

"And if we can't, I can also turn invisible and run away!"
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"Oh, those spells will be very handy against most of the crew, I think," says Blaise. "Excellent! And if they are any spellcasters or tougher opponents onboard, then let's you and I take them out, Jarg. And Ino, can you cast your spells to take care of any stragglers while we free the slaves and, um, raid the ship's gold?"

Smiling, he picks up his glass again. "As Shana said ... To Victory and Wealth!"

OOC: Van, I think you said before that Inovidil's invisibility only lasts for 70 seconds. If we're all 7th level, wouldn't that spell last for 7 minutes?
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> Ino has impoved invisibility :wink: I think the duration is 7 rounds, which means 70 sec.

IC>"I can cast spells and stay invisible but only for 70 sec. Of course I can make you invisible Blaise and I'll do my best for the strugglers as well. So you will free the slaves and I'll cover your back when Shana is creating her ghosts. This is our plan, right?"

Inovidil makes a small pase and then says with an evil smile:

" I don't think that it's the best idea to get the ship with my lightingblots, because we can get it! I mean after get free the slaves we can keep the ship too! W can sell it later! What do you say about that?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I like how you think Inovidil! There's a profit to be made in many ways. This one is quite nice. I like your ideas."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil smiles to the drow:

"Lets say that I like money Jarg!"
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shan looks amused "It seems wrong, somehow, selling a ship that actually exists..."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes, but pirates have it. I would never steal a ship from honest people. We can do some modifications, change the name and I think we will be ok. However if anyone tell us something, we will tell the truth, that pirates had it and we defeated them and get the ship. But if you still think that's not right, it's ok by me."
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

"I don't know..." says Blaise mischievously. "It would be much easier to sink it! I don't know the first thing about seamanship. Besides..." and his tone gets darker, "...a slave ship? Think about all the blood and suffering that's soaked into the timbers of such a ship. The spirits of dead slaves would scream all night long, and ruin my beautiful dreams of nymphs and wine. Nay, my friends, I'll gladly partake in the chaos of battle, but ownership of said craft? I'll pass."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"We will sell it, not keep it. I know nothing about ships as well. I just thought that some extra money will be useful, that's all. So what do you think?"
- W H A T ! ? !