Mists over the Musarde [IC]

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Norzak rushes forward and stabs one of the fleeing men, twice. The man clutches at his bloody back and falls with a scream. He jerks about for a moment, then becomes very still. A pool of dull red blood stains the water about him.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The two men who did not flee, but were rolling in the water to put out their flaming clothing, now get up. They throw down their wepaons and hold up their singed hands.

''We give up, please don't hurt us!''

Meanwhile, the one that got away is sprinting for the intersection.

He reaches it and stops. He grabs the bronze hatch overhead by the big wheel-shaped handle and strains to turn it!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio picks himself up and tries his best to grin, though with the fresh blisters oozing blood and pus down his cheek, it's perhaps less than convincing. "My thanks, brothers, that's a bottle or two owed!"

He then quickly assess the situation. Norzak and the knight should take care of the fleeing man, he figures. He turns his attention to the two men who've surrendered and lowers his spear at them.

"Where is the girl, and who is this Marcus?"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Dorgio picks himself up and tries his best to grin, though with the fresh blisters oozing blood and pus down his cheek, it's perhaps less than convincing. "My thanks, brothers, that's a bottle or two owed!"

He then quickly assess the situation. Norzak and the knight should take care of the fleeing man, he figures. He turns his attention to the two men who've surrendered and lowers his spear at them.

"Where is the girl, and who is this Marcus?"

''Uh, she's topside with the Boss. Marcus, he's just one of the guys. We got seperated a while back, looking for you. Boss wanted you off our trail. ''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

At the intersection, the ruffian has managed to get the hatch open. It swings down with a metallic groan. The man begins to haul himself up.....

Sprinting as fast as his stubby legs can carry him, Norzak rushes up in time to jump and grab or hack at the man's feet as he ascends.

Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote: Sprinting as fast as his stubby legs can carry him, Norzak rushes up in time to jump and grab or hack at the man's feet as he ascends.
...And Cirdan follows! Whilw running, he'll take up a weapon that lies around and throw it after the fleeing man!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Norzak leaps up and grabs the man by his scrawny left ankle, dragging him down through the hatchway, kicking and screaming.

Sir Cirdan snatches up a club someone dropped and hurls it at the man, striking him in the gut. The impact doubles him over. He kneels in front of Norzak, gasping for breath.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"I've heard enough," Benn says, and smashes the brigand in the face with the butt of his crossbow, hopefully knocking the man unconscious.

"The girl is topside, with Marcus!" Bennedict shouts up the tunnel towards his compatriots.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak registers Benn's words. He glares at the man before him, on his knees and struggling for breath. Showing great restrain he merely spits in the thugs face and growls "Bub yer lucky the girl is more important then ye are, else ye'd be dead thanks to me sword." He passes the man and heads towards the young lady Sancerre and the unfortunate Marcel. He calls back to Cirdan "Keep 'im alive, but don't ye be holding back on the dolt. Imma gettin' lil missy." He jogs towards his date with Marcel, face grim in determination. He holds his short sword in one hand and his left slips down to his boot as he removes yet another dagger. He grins to himself, anxious to meet the so-called brains of the operation he and his pals had sabotaged thus far.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Climbing upwards through the hatchway, Norzak finds himself in the center of what appears to be a large warehouse. It's shadowy in here, with light from the waxing moon and the stars slanting in through a skylight overhead. Boxes and crates are stacked haphazardly all over the place, forming a sort of labyrinthine network of passages and potential hidey holes. Norzak notices a set of closed double doors set into the western wall, across the box-maze. No one is here- at least, no one that Norzak can see....

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:"I've heard enough," Benn says, and smashes the brigand in the face with the butt of his crossbow, hopefully knocking the man unconscious.

"The girl is topside, with Marcus!" Bennedict shouts up the tunnel towards his compatriots.

Benn's blow knocks the man out cold.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak will approach the double doors as silent as possible, eyes alert for traps and he'll listen. Once at the doors, he'll listen again.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

[sorry, meant to post this in ooc thread - bmr]
Last edited by Brock Marsh Runoff on Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Take your friend and go," Bennedict says to the other captured man, "and don't let me see you again."

He gestures for Dorgio to follow and heads towards the ladder, ascending towards Norzak.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dorgio cranes his head from side to side as if considering Benn's words. Finally, he tosses each of the men two gold coins. "Remember we showed you mercy."

He then takes the thug's weapons and hands them to the searchers. He leads them away a few steps and instructs them on where to find Ajna. "The man may be nervous for his own child's sake, so take care to let him know who you are."

With that, he salutes the searchers and then follows Benn, Norzak, and Cirdan up the hatch.