Mists over the Musarde [IC]

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Up the hatch, in the warehouse....

Norzak is listening at the double doors , across the floor of the warehouse, when the rest of the party joins him.

Through the heavy oak door, the dwarf hears a cultured, deep timbred voice speaking:

''Excellent work. I am pleased.''

Another man, his accent distinctly lower class, replies-

''And my reward?''

''Yes, of course. Here, let me give you what you deserve....''

''That's...ARRRRGGH!''

''I told you fools, the girl was not to be harmed. I wanted her fresh! Now, take him and go.''
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak whispers back to the others "There be two men inside here. One be the lackey the other nust be Marcel. This Marcel wants missy f r e s h??? What in tarnation that mean? He gonna eat her?" He turns to the locks and sheathes his short sword and dagger in his belt. He then removes some item from one of the many pouches on his armor. He works it on the lock for nearly thirty seconds before hissing and cursing quietly. "Ye dagnabbited lock. I canna open it. So what we do now? Them two ain't gonner' stay there long I kin assure ya.."

Norzak notices everyone is there. Realisation dawns on his face that the thugs are alone now? In a very calm yet cold voice he whispers. He turns back, eyes as cold as ice as he asks "Where are the numnuts we beat? Don' tell me they be gone?"
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Instead of any class of response, Cirdan, his face pale and cruel like the skull of the reaper, kicks the door open.

"My name is Cirdan Carnesir! You hold hostage the girl I love! Prepare to die!"
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

tarlyn wrote: Norzak notices everyone is there. Realisation dawns on his face that the thugs are alone now? In a very calm yet cold voice he whispers. He turns back, eyes as cold as ice as he asks "Where are the numnuts we beat? Don' tell me they be gone?"
"They've been dealt with," Bennedict returns, just as Cirdan steps forward to kick open the door, anticipating that this would be the elf's response. As the knight draws everyone in the room ahead's attention, Bennedict peers carefully around him and into the room. Suspcious that Marcel had risen as some manner of undead monstrosity, the archivist scrambled to identify him, hoping to perhaps come up with a scrap of knowledge that may be of use to his comrades. I only hope that I can determine something in time.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

NOrzak has his dagger ready to toss at the first man he sees.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:Instead of any class of response, Cirdan, his face pale and cruel like the skull of the reaper, kicks the door open.

"My name is Cirdan Carnesir! You hold hostage the girl I love! Prepare to die!"

Sir Cirdan's armored boot smashes the door open, bursting the steel lock like cheap glass. Shards of wood and metal spray out in an arc.

Beyond the doorway is an alley illuminated by moonlight, the far side of which is the wall of of a tall stone building. In the alley are four figures of men- one lying supine on the ground, his body twisted and bloodied. Two of the men are bent over this fallen one, and are busy dragging him toward the left end of the alleyway. The fourth figure stands and watches.

All of the men, even the injured man, turn to stare at your party when the door is forced open and Sir Cirdan screams out his battle cry.

The man who stands apart turns to face the now open doorway and begins chuckling softly- a hollow and lifeless sort of laughter. His hood falls back from his face....

It's Pierre Renault, the man who jumped to his death from the tower a few days ago!
His face is strangely swollen, and his neck seems twisted to the right a bit. His skin is deathly pale, and his eyes are bright yellow, as if jaundiced.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak had readied his dagger to throw so he throws it at Pierre Renault? Then he follows Cirdan's charge and brandishing his short sword rushes Pierre, whom he thinks might be Marcel.

"Ye dag! Ye ain't dead? NOw me blade gonna make sure ye ain't ne'er breath agin! Meet yer maker in me BUB!"
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"Kurva!" Dorgio curses when he sees the dead man. He reaches for the holy symbol that hangs from his belt and holds it aloft. His eyes roll towards the back of his head as he begins chanting. "The Morninglord melt the flesh from your bones! The Morninglord blast your bones into dust!"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict says some ungentlemanly things in Lamordian before switching back to the common tongue. "He is a Druagr," the archivist begins, lifting the crossbow to his shoulder. "Beware the hands, he can drain the life out of you with them. And cut to dismember rather than wound. They don't feel pain." With that he lets fly with a bolt, hoping to strike Pierre someplace that will hinder his movement and aid in wearing him down.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

In the face of the enemy, Cirdan knows only one option... To attack!

Power attack on the nearest enemy, possibly trying to push his body against the others with the shield, and then withdraw to defend the mages...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Norzak's aim is good, and his dagger impales Pierre in the chest- to no apparent effect! It's the same, a half second later, when Benn's bolt shoots him clean through the chest. Not a spot of blood shows anywhere.

One short rush carries Sir Cirdan across the gap and brings his sword crashing down into the walking dead man. The blade bites deeply, and Pierre stumbles backward a bit before recovering his footing.

Dorgio calls on his god to smite the druagr, but no miracle takes place. The thing just keeps on chuckling.

Ignoring its injuries, the thing counterattacks, lunging forward to grab Sir Cirdan by the head and hurl him backward into the wall of the warehouse.

-The instant the creature touches the knight, he feels a deathly chill wash through his body, and a sense of something vital leaving him.

The two men who'd been assisting their wounded comrade turn to flee, leaving him to his fate.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Sir Cirdan rallies and launches a counterattack. He's able to beat the fiendish monster back a few paces, inflicting a grisly wound to its chest that would have killed a mortal man.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

A little color drain's from Dorgio's swarthy face as he sees the knight hurled into the wall. He lets go of the holy symbol, letting it swing once more from his belt. He moves towards Cirdan, and begins chanting in direction.

"Morninglord imbue this soul with your puissance!"
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Throwing an alchemist's fire at Pierre Renault. Rolled a 20! +4 + 24. Damage = 6 Burn baby burn!!!!!!!!!

Norzak sheathes his blade and removes a vial. He takes careful aim and throws it hard! It splashes on the dead thing! "There ye go, how ye like that, ye dag! I'm gettin' me oil next mac! Yer burnin til ye ain't alive or dead or whatever ye are!"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The burning fluid washes over the undead monstrosity, setting it aflame. It burns without screaming but lurches about madly, lashing out furiously at anything that draws near.