Kartakass : Chapter Five

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius replies

"Thank you, waiter, a menu would be nice. As for beverages, I'd rather have some water, if you please. I never got along well with spirited drinks. But I can't talk for the others".
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius arrives a few minutes late and rakes a seat at the table as the wiater is taking orders.
His chair proves too tall for him, so that his feet hang a couple of inches off the ground.

''No water for me, unless it's drawn from a mountain stream. Don't suppose you've got strong tea, or maybe some Hazlani coffee?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van looks around the patrons and the inn's stuff. He doesn't like what the others find out about them. So without paying very much attention to the waiter he says:

"I'll have a cold ale."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Rum." Grumbles William.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven looks happy, which is probabley the morphine, seeing as everything else they seem to discover about this place makes him rather nervous.

Suddenly realising everyone else has ordered and is looking at him, he snaps to attention. "Umm ok then I'll take a Meeklebrau." He says to the waiter.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I'll have a fine wine, good sir and what might you suggest for our meal?"

"I'll have a fine wine as well. If you've a dish with no meat in it, I'll have that, thank you."

The waiter seems to register the orders. "Might I suggest the roasted boar with beets and carrots? It is the special of the evening. As for no meat" the waiter seems incredulous " I suppose the chef might daign to prepare you a plate of vegetables. The waiter turns and heads in the direction of the kitchen.

As for the patrons of the Inn, there don't seem to be any foreigners this evening. All are young native Kartakans. Their drinks seem to be flowing freely and they seem to be feeling the effects of them. Some are even singing some old Kartakan tales while others seem to be ready to start a brawl. The door to the dining room closes.

One young man, bold by the alchohol he's taken, you think, approaches your table. "So, what brings you here to the Inn and Kartakass, strangers?" He leans into the table, showing his full white teeth. His smile is big but his eyes say otherwise, as if full of malice? He motions his table over, which consists of seven other young men. The other tables seem to ignore them as they are caught up in their singing or food.

Tarlyn looks at Jacob then to the others and waves everyone down. "Yes, we're strangers in your land and to the Inn. We are here for our own reasons. I think you may have had a little too much to drink, young man. Mabe you should go back and have a seat at your table before you do something you might regret." AS Tarlyn speaks the seven other men arrive and surround the table.

Whomever is sitting next to Jacob notices a wand appear in his hand. He doesn't look happy at all. In fact he looks ready to do battle. The seven men begin transforming before you hair appearing on their hands, a huge maw on their faces and finally they turn into the hugest werewolves, you think??? that you've ever seen!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

As the first drunkard approaches the table and begins to speak, William feels a tone of threatening in the man's actions. Seeing a look of malice in his eyes only strengthens his resolve ans he places his hand on his pistol beneath the table.
As soon as the men begin to reveal there true forms, William draws and fires at the one directly across from him. As he does so he he gets to his feet and backs up, kicking his chair aside as he does so.

Initiative: 10 + 3 = 13
Attack: 11 + 8 + 1 (point-blank shot) = 20
Damage: 8
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Map

Post by steveflam »

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van gasps, he doesn't expect that werewolves would have attacked them in an inn! Immediately he tosses himself under the table. When he is at the center of the table, he waves his hands, 4 images exactly like him appear.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Upon seeing the man get aggressive, then begin transforming, Jacob says something to Tarlyn in drow then begins chanting. Moving his fingers in elaborate patterns a golden ray of energy flies forth and hits Tarlyn envelopping him, then disappearing.

Tarlyn wastes no time. He grabs Draven and shoves the man under the table. He unsheathes his blades and faces foes W1 and W2. "Watch over him, Van." Van now has company under the table in Draven.

William's quick thinking permit him to damage foe W7 for 8 damage. The beast howls in pain and moves towards William.

Lucius becomes invisible and hops up onto the table.

Cornelius casts a stoneskin on himself.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven's mouth hung open as he watched the men's transformation, the morphine dulling his senses. He's sitting quite mystified by the entire sequence of events, when a hand grabs him and thrusts him under the table. Hitting his head loudly on the floor, Draven collapses in a heap next to Van, his head spinning from the imapact.

Somewhere within Dravens addled mind, something stirs...

"On your knees again weak one? It seems your weakness knows no bounds."

Draven reels in shock as the all-to-familiar voice whispers in his ear. "No, you will not have control." He retorts, pushing with all his willpower against the rising tide of darkness.

"You have no choice in the matter whelp, the walls of this prison have weakened, and I will do as I wish with your pathetic form."

Darkness falls, Draven is gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Van watches Draven shudders for a second and then slowly raises his head, but the face that stares back is not the face of a man. The skin is dead white, shadows play across the face and the eyes burn like black coals, and then it smiles. A smile that strecthes too wide, with teeth too sharp, a smile filled with cruelty, malice and hunger.

The thing that was Draven stares at Van for a moment, then sniffs the air like a dog. Suddenly a grating laugh falls from its lips, a cold and deep rasping sound that sets nerves on edge.

"It would seem we have company. Your death is postponed little wizard."

It raises its hands, their fingers elongated into wicked curving claws like knives, and places them against the underside of the table. Gaining purchase it splits the tabletop apart with a wrenching crack, sending Lucius tumbling to the floor. Slowly it rises in a pool of shadow from the wreckage, its height far more than Dravens, the smile still on its dead lips, as it looks around at the snarling man-beasts.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Under the table Van barely manages to move slightly his body aside as Tarlyn tosses Draven besides him. The wizard isn't happy with the drow's decision, he knows very well what happens when Draven is attacked or afraid!

Despite Van almost expected the appearance of the devil, the view of the pit fiend feels his heart with fear.

He jumps up shrieking and runs as far away he can from the fiend. His body is shaking and he is unable to cast another spell.

"No...not this again!"

Yells Van as tries to calm himself.
Last edited by VAN on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius looks at the beast before him, and controlling his emotions, no sure of what it is going to do, he casts Mage Armor on himself, preparing for the worst. He takes the move action to stand up.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

As William reloads his pistol, a horrifying transformation takes place before his eyes. Once again his friend Draven has taken the form of a terrible demon!

OOC:

Horror save: 5+3=8 :oops: , I think Willy may be scared, lol
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

The not-Draven thing watches the small beings scamper around it with that same malicious grin on its face. Then it speaks in a cold dead voice, as if many voices screaming at once.

"Well then let us make some sport of this. Shall I go first?"

Suddenly it's hands clap together and the voice raises in a single syllable, an unholy word of power. The noise reveberates aorund those within the room, shaking bones, rattling teeth, and causing hair to stand on end.

[OOC: Mass Hold Monster DC27]