The Eye of Anubis: Book Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

There will be no more of this, Kuzan thought, None. He will be ended.

Kuzan picked a vial of holy water out of his pack as he moved. "Om shanti, shanti, shanti..." He repeated the mantra over and over, calling out to the gods, invoking their peace, their holiness. As he spoke, he shook the vial of holy water around, then cast it to the ground, shattering it. Another wave of divine power flooded the room, settling in the room and clinging to the atmosphere.

Even after he finished casting, the priest continued muttering the mantra. It was as if something Cavendish said really struck Kuzan and he was struggling to maintain balance.

"Shanti, shanti, shanti."

Consecrate, centered right behind the defacer. All undead suffer -1 to attack rolls, damage rolls, and saves. Furthermore, no new undead can be created or summoned within the area.

Finally, all Charisma checks for turning within the area have a +3 sacred bonus.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

NeoTiamat wrote:"What can I say? I was traumatized by a vaudeville performer at the tender age of seven. It left me twisted for life." Cavendish grinned, twirling his quarterstaff-cane-baton, as he displayed teeth worthy of a sailor's nightmare.
"You are a scar on life," is Lia scathing's, brief retort. When the Entombers attack and Cavendish's undead orchestra starts to play, she grits her teeth, snarling with disgust.

"Once for the foe who would not change," she shouts, her voice briefly cutting through the unholy din, "twice for his mind be it so deranged! Thrice for the will that did not fight but gave, four times for the soul that put itself in the grave!"

'That defacer looks like a bruiser ... And it is taking hits without stopping. Those entombers are bad enough. I need to help deal with them,' Lia thinks, 'so none of ours are buried alive and incapable of helping with the rest of the fight. Hold in there, Tomas, Ishaq ... I'll try my best.'

'Ignem iubeo! Bis ex manu meu vole et inimices mees vore!' Lia shouts, casting her hand out at the entomber near Guy. Two bolts of fiery energy shoot from her fingers to strike at the undead blight.

"Five for the heroes who stand their ground! Six for the ill they burned to the ground! Seven for forever, where evil may not dwell! Eight for the foe who is caught in his doomed shell! Johnny, why do you even want the Eye? Seems to me that if you are undead and can walk under the sun, you are as immortal as a capering clown like you could ever want to be!"

(OOC: Casting Scorching Ray on the lower Entomber. Two attack rolls for 24 and 23. Sorry, Khalil, but by my calculations, your entomber is out of Scorching Ray-range and you have more backup. Sorry again. Damage, if the rays hit, would be 14 and 14 points. -_- ... Drat.)
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

[As irony appears up the spout for now, Im just rolling me own dice to keep things moving.]

[OOC: reflex save: 22 *gives entomber the finger*]

Khalil spots the incoming danger a fraction before it arrives and brings a blade up to block the charge, a gambit that is only partially succesful and he staggers under the mostrous force of the blow.

Pain flashes through his arms and body, but he somehow keeps his balance. A dark gleam comes into his eye as he straightens back up "time to die abomination, give Apophis my regards" he growls.

Not a moment after those words leave his lips Khalil launches himself into a mesmirising furious spin of blades, slashing with venom at the undead before him.

[OOC: Full attack:
scimitar - to hit 21, dam 13 (Silver & magical)
Kukri - to hit 14, dam 7 (Alchemical Silver)
Scimitar - to hit 27, dam 11 (Silver & magical)
Scimitar - to hit 6, dam (yeah right) 9 (Silver & magical)]
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Charles hops down from the sarcophagus, noting with chagrin that everyone, friend and foe alike, seems to be displaying the unnatural celerity of action produced by a haste spell, whereas, he...well, he feels no unusual tingle in the feet.

Shrugging mentally, he reviews his options in a split-second burst of thought and "reaches" mentally for one of the spells implanted in his mind that morning by Kuzan; it appears in his mind's eye as a small egg of crystal with a pale-skinned four-armed man in meditation emblazoned on it. I wonder who it is? Charles thinks, as he reaches out with his mind...and breaks the egg.

A voice--his own? Kuzan's? That of the Rajian god?--bursts from his lips. "Om Amritaat!"

And he thrusts with rapier and dagger at the entomber, he sees two shadowy arms not his own--or are they?--thrust forward at the same time, with weapons of light in hand...

Five foot step forward and cast Gravestrike as a swift action, then full attack. Entomber is flanked, so the roll is 23 with the rapier, 17 with the dagger. Damage is 16 with the rapier (4d6+1) and 12 with the dagger (1d4+1+3d6)
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

OOC: Will save phew got a total of 21 (Server is down..)

AoO on Bottom one let's say : I rolled a natural 19, then 14 to confirm without adding all the bonuses. Though it is wasted on an undead bah!

Damage from 1st attack 19 + 3 = 22 + 50% = 26 total!

Full attack: 1st 22 dmg 23. 2nd attack 26 dmg 15. 3rd attack 13 dmg 20(Think I miss on that one).

Ishaq growls and snarls in pain. Focusing his rage on his closest foe he swings his great sword and scores a hit on the bottom entomber, bone and dead flesh split by his blade.
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

...And the situation changes.

The warped strains of Cavendish's music slow down as Otto's senses quicken, his focus coalescing around the new threats advancing down both sides of the room.

Symmetrical...

This is pleasant, as it means that he can temporarily get an equal line of sight on all three targets. Shunting his awareness to the center of the room, his body follows, as he whirls around the sarcophagus to his left and draws a bead on the hostile at one-o-clock, feet skittering on the bones under him.

--CRACK--

The gunsmith shivers slightly as the bullet goes hopelessly wide.

--ConcentrateconcentrateCONCENTRATE! HEAD IN THE GAME!--

--Can't LOOK at that thing, much less--

--Balance. Reload preparation; powder out--

OOC: Barkskin's up from last turn; Otto's now in C7 by way of D5 and C6, and has just rolled a natural one on his attack with the wheel-lock (against Bottom-Entomber, if it matters). Angry face. You don't do critical failures, I hope, Neo?
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

Andre noticed the battle changing, with the addition of the Entombers. "Remember, they can strike so hard as to force you under the floor!"
Came his warning...and then his mouth formed prayer again, and he gestured towards the Entomber facing Khalil, exclaming "Clamo!"

OOC:Dark Knowledge on the Entombers for a +2 to saves against their Entomb, and a Sound Lance on the one facing Khalil for 25 damage, DC 18 save.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

(OOC: Whoo boy. OKAY. Will Save: 25. Action: Full attack; take my AoO, and then all three attacks at Bunny, both full-powered ones getting my smites for the day, as well as Sacred Vengences. The lesser one gets neither, cause I was gonna miss anyway.)

Tomas is largely ignored. ...okay, he's stabbed in the shoulder by the terrible thing, but otherwise...Cavendish's rage leaks out, swiping at his friends. When did he start thinking of these people as friends? They're taking hits that would otherwise keep him from killing Cavendish...

woah woah woah. No. No. This isn't him. This isn't how he acts. Whatever screwed up funk has been grabbing his attention for so long...he can't live through this. He can't be this.

"Next time your found, with your chin on the ground.." Tomas spits out, as if he's trying to, "...There a lot to be learned, so look around..." ...trying to sing!

His sword lashes out, sending a lightning fast slash at the Entomber that muscled past him, while his eyes remain on Bunny and the dancing Cavendish. "Just what makes that little old ant," Tomas squats down, making a few quick calculations, "Think he'll move that rubber tree plant," He breathes in, "Anyone knows an ant, can't," Pulls his sword arm into position, "Move a rubber tree plant!"

Tomas hurtles into the air, "But he's got high hopes!" Tomas's sword takes a massive overhead swipe, thunder cracking through the air, "He's got high hopes!", another swing bouncing off of the beast's skin, as Tomas shoves forward, "He's got high apple pie in the sky hopes!" Tomas's sword shudders with thunderous power again, as he tries to stab the thing in its exposed underbelly!

Panting, Tomas steps back, finishing, "So any time you're gettin'low, stead of lettin'go, Just remember that ant, Oops! There goes another rubber tree plant!"

(OOC: Okay, for ease of reference;
AoO: 20; 1d8+2d6+3: 17 at Entomber
First: 30; 1d8+4d6+10: 28 at Bunny
Second: 10; Miss
Third: 34; 1d8+4d6+10: 8+18+10=36 at Bunny)
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

The Ossuary of Ibn Sayyid, The Necropolis of Phiraz
May 24th, 761, 6:23 PM; Day 68 of the Menetnashte Expedition

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

[Round Summary:
Kuzan casts Consecrate
Charles steps forward, attacks twice, hits once, deals 16-5=11 damage to Upper Entomber
Andre uses Dark Knowledge, casts Sound Lance, Top Entomber saves, 12 damage.
Ishaq attacks Bottom Entomber, hits thrice, deals 49 damage.
Otto still does not much.
Lia casts Scorching Ray on Lower Entomber, does 28
Khalil attacks four times, hits once, deals 11 damage to Upper Entomber.
Tomas misses the Entomber, attacks Defacer for 64.

For a brief moment, the flash of steel and silver and fire and sound left you awestruck, the sheer amount of firepower poured into the undead bodies before you leaving you a little stunned. The Entomber to the left seemed to explode in a mess of decaying matter as Lia's fire and Ishaq's axe. The Defacer and the other Entomber did not look to be in dramatically better shape.

"Oh, come on, leave some for the handsome rogue, eh?" Michel faux-pouted as the Entomber near guy melted. He strode up, patting Guy on the shoulder and transferring a bit of healing energy. "Now go and finish it off already."

"If you insist." And with this Guy lunged forward, deftly stepping past the fetid corpse of the re-dead Entomber, and circling around the Defacer.

Thunk!

The war-axe buried itself in the hulking creature's thigh.

[Michel moves up and casts Cure Light Wounds on Guy, heals 7 damage, Guy moves around and whacks the Defacer for 10 damage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Defacer's dozen faces screamed in agony as Tomas quite nearly eviscerated it. Guy's axe in the back did not improve its mood either.

With a hundred screams, it brought its two fists down on Tomas's chest, and the sheer force buckled the Lamordian's armor and nearly drove him to his feet. This thing, battered as it might be, was still strong!

The Entomber, for its part, just turned and punched Charles in the chest. Nothing subtle, at least until the floor beneath his feet seemed to waver and disappear.

[OOC: Defacer Full Attacks Tomas, hits twice. Deals 22-1=21, 17-1=16 damage, for a total of 37 damage. Two DC 21 Will Saves or be stunned for 1 round.

Entomber hits Charles for 12 damage. Chaz saves versus Entomb.

If Cavendish noticed that his forces were getting decimated, it was apparent that he couldn't have cared less. The insane, psychopathic magus paced the far platform, twirling his cane and singing in his sinister voice. Though you tried to drown him out with your songs and stories, it was to no avail. When Cavendish sang, you could not help but hear.

The skeletal musicians, for their part, played with an unnatural skill, particularly perplexing given their lack of breath with which to play the saxophone, though the bass guitar you could understand at least. Still, it was John Lancaster Cavendish who dominated.
  • I is for Ishaq who drowned in the lake
    J is for Jervis who was bitten by snakes
    K is for Khalil who was shot in the head
    L is for Lia who bled and bled
    M is for Michel who was burnt to a crisp
    N is for Nic pummeled by fists
    O is for Otto who lived life too fast
    P is for Pell who coughed his last

One by one you bite the dust,
    You kick the bucket and begin to rust,
    Give up the torch when the number's up,
    You all fall down
    Ashes to ashes; bones to paste
    You'll wither away in your resting place
    Eternity in a wooden case; you all fall down

Player Status Report:
All: Shaken (-2 Rolls), Prayer (+1 Rolls), Dark Knowledge (+1 Saves), Haste (+1 Attack Roll, +1 AC, +1 Reflex Save, +30 feet speed, One more attack on full attack), Inspire Courage (+1 Attack, Damage, Fear, Enchantment)
Kuzan:
Tomas: Undead Bane Weapon (+2 / +2d6+2 vs. Undead), 46 damage.
Charles: Shield (+4 AC), 12 damage
Ishaq: 15 damage.
Otto:
Lia: Extended False Life (+12 HP), Extended Mage Armor (+4 AC), Message.
Andre:
Khalil: Silversheened Kukri, 14 damage.

NPC Status Report
Michel:
Guy: 7 damage.
Loup:

Enemy Status Report
Bunny: Hasted, 109 damage, Consecrated
Top-Entomber: Hasted, 34 damage Consecrated.
Bottom-Entomber: 77 damage, knocked to -25
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Charles steps aside as the ground buckles at his feet. He's very, very angry...this doesn't happen very often. It's just perverse to be literally dancing to the tune of Cavendish. Mentally shaking his head, he reaches for another "egg" of magic; this one is slightly larger and bears the mark of a four-armed man, rather like the first but with dark blue skin and objects of holy significance in his hands. Smiling, he reaches forward and places one of them--a steel-headed mace--in Charles' hand, and Charles reaches out and takes it.

As he accepts it, he notices the bracers on his wrists, and for a moment a slender Pharazian man seems to stand beside the god, smiling an amused half-smile. Aim for the heart. he whispers.

All of this takes place in the time it takes for Charles to steady himself and drop the dagger from his left hand. He has a better use for that hand now.

"Vande Vishnum
Bhavabhayaharam
Sarvalokaikanaatham!
"

he shouts, and drives his hand, burning with the power of Lord Vishnu and directed by the cunning of a Pharazian rogue, into the foul creature's heart.

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds and burn one charge from the deathstrike bracers. 27 (natural 20) to hit, 19 confirms the critical. Damage is 4d8+3d6+26, for a total of 43. I believe that just smoked the Entomber something fierce, so feel free to run over and whack the Defacer, Khalil. :lucas:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

[OOC: post assuming that Charles handed the entombers ass to it, if somehwo he didnt then I'll edit the post]

Khalils eyes widen slightly as the creature collapses in a heap before Charles' blow. "You must teach me that trick one day Affendi" he says with a small smile, clapping Charles on the shoulder.

Eyes narrowing he spots Cavendish at the far end of the room, tempting though it is to leap up there and disembowel the fetid dog, at least to stop that diabolical singing, but he also spots Tomas. Deciding the world is a better place with the Lamordian in it and the Defacer out of it, Khalil whips past the body of the entomber and leaps atop the sarcophagus beside Tomas.

"May I assist Affendi?" he asks with a snarl as taking advantage of the additional height he sends both blades slashing in a downwards cross-stroke towards the place where the Defacers face should be...

[OOC: Irony still not working....
Moving to B12
Climb check 18
Attack 1: main hand To hit 26 Dam 11 (silver & magic)
Attack 2: off hand To hit 21 Dam 7 (alchemical silver)]

Damage assumes Defacer is undead if not drop 4 off each
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

'This part of the battle goes well,' Lia thinks, surveying the carnage being unleashed by her comrades -- her friends? 'How odd, to think I would ever have any,' she considers. 'That Defacer should be put down soon enough, but that leaves Cavendish and those fossils, wherever they are. And the judge ...'

Lia hesitates, considering. The last time, Ulsaon died because she spent too much time thinking and not enough acting, but ... "I could hurl a Fireball at him right now," she thinks, looking at Cavendish with disgust, "but he would only need to have casted Protection From Energy and it would be for naught! As long as I do not know what kind of protections he has on him, I need to gather more information. ... But that maggot-spawn probably has a spell of Nondetection upon him again, for the amulet to register nothing of his presence. So then ... Forgive me, friends. But this is apparently the best I can do right now."

Lia throws her hands out and shouts: "Quattro sagittae omne errore vacuae, volete!" Four bolts of energy fly from her fingertips and shoot, screaming, across the room to slam unerringly into the Defacer's corrupted bulk. In the best tradition of snipers everywhere, Lia immediately ducks down behind the nearest sarcophagus for cover and hisses at Loup: "Here, dog! Come here!"

(Magic Missile on the Defacer for 13 points of damage. Ominous? Never! :roll: Taking cover in case Cavendish decides to unleash something nasty when his prize pony kicks the bucket.)
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

That's my trick, Kuzan thought in response to Khalil, [/i]I just loaned it to him.[/i]

"Shanti, shanti, shanti..."

The priest's focus on his mantra drowned out the next verses of Cavendish's song in his mind. He repeated the words over and over, maintaining his focus on what lay before him. Swiftly, he moved up behind Tomas and shifted his mantra, weaving the prayer into the repeated verse.

"Shanti, shanti, shanti...

Vande Vishnum
Bhavabhayaharam
Sarvalokaikanaatham...

...shanti, shanti, shanti..."

Gently, he reached out and placed a hand on Tomas's back. The feeling of cool, soothing rain washed over the Lamordian's body, cleansing and purging his wounds.

Sacrificing magic circle against evil for cure serious wounds.

Using 2 charges of the ring of mystic healing.

Stupid crappy dice rolls today.

10 (dice) + 6 (augment) + 9 (caster level) + 5 (ring) = 30 healed to Tomas.

Climb check of 16 to get onto the sarcophagus at B10.
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

Two hostiles down; commander likely shielded; remaining target resistant to primary means of attack. And me without a catapult. Not being particularly *useful* today...

...Take stock.

Otto's glance twitched over the battlefield, coming to rest on...

Recalibrate. Assume support status at point position; retain other options for future consideration.

Feel like channeling some positive energy this afternoon?

The gunsmith spun backwards around the sarcophagus next to him and hoofed it along the right hand wall--slowing down only incrementally to avoid tripping over the Defacer's remains--and skidded to a halt behind Ishaq. He distantly registered a shifting of...concepts within his body, the idea of "life" cascading from the belt Kuzan had made for him upward through his left hand into the guard's shoulder. As the back of his mind began to parse how the sensation was similar to his own personal casting techniques--aside from necessitating less conscious effort--the front part said:

"I am hoping that this helps."

OOC: Moving to E11 and using one charge of the Healing Belt to give Ishaq 13 HP
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

OOC: 1st attack 24 damage 22, 2nd attack 18 damage 27, 3rd attack 24 damage 20

Ishaq suddenly feels his wound all but disappear. Now he focuses his rage on the foul beast called a defacer. Foremost in the back of his mind is John Lancaster Cavendish and the evil he has perpetrated on the party as well as innocent citizens of many lands. This only fuels his rage more. Growling.......

"I'm coming, Johnny...."

His great sword flashes once, cutting the defacer deeply.

Snarling and spitting.....

"You're next....."

Again his massive blade swings across the defacer's body.

Yelling at the top of his lungs......

"I'm coming for you , Johnny!!!!!!!!!"

His blade slices across the dead things body once more, crunching bone and dead rotting flesh.