Fellowship of the White Star, new horror campaign

Discussing all roleplaying games
Sassey
Conspirator
Conspirator

Fellowship of the White Star, new horror campaign

Post by Sassey »

Greetings!

I'd like to invite any fraternity brothers or sisters who enjoy the horror milieu to try out this new d20 horror campaign set in Edwardian earth 1905-1914. The press release below tells about some of the particulars. If any of you would like to give it a try, I'd be happy to send a complimentary copy of one of the modules to you to run at a home game. Just email me at davidnadolny@yahoo.com.

/cheers!

-Dave

Thenodrin Presents LLC is excited to announce that our new d20 rpg horror campaign, Fellowship of the White Star, which premiered at Origins 2007 with over 75 people playing at 15 tables.

The game uses d20 rpg rules and is set in semi-historic Edwardian earth 1905-1914 with a horror atmosphere that is hidden from the view of the common people. It is heavy on the investigative role playing side. In our version of earth, magic still exists in a limited form and the players create heroes to investigate suspicious events and battle evil supernatural beings. We envision western cowboy heroes battling zombies in mines, archeologist heroes investigating tombs in Egypt, British soldier heroes weeding out voodoo cults in Jamaica, Arctic explorer and Eskimo guide heroes seeking the Yeti, City detective heroes investigating strange crimes, etc... It is an ongoing campaign that we plan to have run until 1914 (each real year, we will roll the clock forward and have modules set in that year and base part of them off historic events) and certain missions can change "real" world history events. This campaign will allow the players to continue to build up their character within our campaign.

Our game has an exciting set of unique skills, feats, classes, and gun rules and is certain to please anyone who finds adventuring in the early 20th century intriguing. The 350 page book (also available in PDF format) includes 40 unique artworks from artists we have recruited. If you don't have a character, no problem, we have 8 diverse pre-gen characters available (downloadable from the yahoo fansite).

Authors that have agreed to provide modules over the next ten years include, but are not limited to:
Robert Bennett, Dan Donnelly, Paul Dorothy, JD Hannah, Victor Long, Jennifer Middleton, Mark Middleton, David Nadolny, Ton Nolan, and Steve Yee.

If you are interested in learning more or want to order our product, please visit our website at:
Fellowshipwhitestar.com

There, you will be able to order the new campaigns sourcebook, modules, dice for our game, t-shirts, short stories and more!

Fan sites have been created at:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Fel ... WhiteStar/

http://groups.myspace.com/FotWS

http://community.livejournal.com/fotws/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FWSOnline

The first 13 modules are available on our website and we will be releasing about 1-2 new modules a month. Modules have been set in Russia, US, England, Gibraltar, Australia, Roumania, Japan, etc… In addition to Origins, we have had modules run at Dexcon in East Brunswick, NJ, Dragon Con in Atlanta, GA, Gen Con in Indianapolis, IN, PentaCon in Fort Wayne, Indiana, MepaCon in Dunmore, Pennsylvania, U-Con in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Dominicon of the Dead in County Kildare, Ireland, Megacon in Florida, etc… with more scheduled for upcoming months. It will also be playing at various local game days and other cons (check your local gaming club for details and if they don’t have it scheduled yet, just have them send me an email for details and we will work with them to bring it too your local club or hobby store).

Thenodrin Presents LLC was formed by gamers who lament the lack of an ongoing campaign set in this time period. We are making a promise to the gaming community that our primary focus is, and will continue to be, the development of a fun and enjoyable campaign. This game will be developed by the players and for the players. If you enjoy our game, please support the campaign so it can continue!

PS: You can see a brief review of our game in Knights of the Dinner Table #131 under Brians Picks. Brian’s Rating: Horror in history done right. We agree!
Check out my horror RPG campaign at fellowshipwhitestar.com
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Just sent you an e-mail David!

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Sassey
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Sassey »

Patrick,

I got your email and sent you some more info about the campaign and a module. Once your group has a chance to play it, let everyone here know what you think :)

Thanks also for your comments on the website. We need to put some more information out there.

If anyone else has a group that they'd like to run through one of the modules to try out the campaign, just shoot me an email at thenodrin@fellowshipwhitestar.com

/cheers!

-Dave
Check out my horror RPG campaign at fellowshipwhitestar.com
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Thanks Dave!

Got your stuff! Going over it!

I'll get back to people soon!

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com