Kartakass: Chapter Six : A foreign land

Online roleplaying at the Café
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William draws his pistol and says to Luscius, "I really don't like the thought of cornerin' ourselves, but your right. We can't leave Cornelius." With that, William barges into the store.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Outside the shop........

The eight hooded foes advance near the party. Lucius casts his spell and two of them slip and slide into each other, tumbling to the ground. The six others however keep advancing, albeit slowly and apparently with grim determination.

Jacob utters a few words and a small ball of fire leaves his fingertips exploding amongst the eight foes. Combined with the grease spell, it is quite the scene. Though only the dark elf is there to witness it. The rest of the party having hurried inside the shop. It only takes a few moments for the eight to catch fire. Screams as well as the stench of burning flesh fill the air. Jacob offers up a prayer to Lathander and moves quickly. Saying a word, he begins flying and with great speed is behind the shop quickly. Just in time to see a door open.

Inside the shop.....

Cornelius slumps the floor, fast asleep. The woman laughs heartily as she puts awaythe bottle and walks behind the counter then passes through the open passage. Even as she is near the end of the passage the door front door flies open. William first in line. He sees all kinds of items on the shelves with a quick glance but his concern is Cornelius. On the floor ahead is indeed slumped his friend the dwarf. Sleeping like a baby.

The woman grins as she utters a few arcane words and the whole east side of the shop's shelves burst into flame. It begins quickly spreading across the ceiling to the west side. The woman opens the door and so sure of herself that she has rid herself of the party, she walks out. Unfortunately for her, someone is in fact waiting there. She had miscalculated. She tried to take a step but her feet wouldn't follow her commands. She felt strange. Why can't I move?

She happens to look down to see a piece of wood, that is to say, a very long stake, protruding from her chest. Frowning, she tries to turn but can't. An elf moves to stand before her. He reaches out and grabs her by the neck, lifting her with remarkable ease. "I presume you recognise this symbol, bloodsucker?" To which the drow shows her his holy symbol. The vampire was learned and her eyes widened, not in fear but recognition.

Jacob is about to say more, but sees smoke coming from inside the establishment. With his free hand, he unsheathes his scimitar. In one fell swoop he beheads the Vampire. Quickly he lays the body on the ground then removes quite a bit of garlic and stuffs the head with it. He then pours oil on the body and produces a flame with a flint and steel, burning the body and head.

Inside the building..........

The fire is burning in full force now. It's time to gather your companion and leave in due haste. Well that is unless you wish to die a horrible death by fire???
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van as sees the 8 men approaching says some arcane words, feeling more protected now he runs in the shop.

When he sees the fire, the wizard doesn't hesitates a moment, he gets closer to Cornelius and grabbing him he says:

"Lets move out!!! This place is burning! Hurry up guys!"

With that he runs out getting Cornelius with him.

OOC> Van casted stone skin
Last edited by VAN on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Without much time to think, Lucius grabs Cornelius by the ankles and helps Van move their companion out, as they dodge the flames and try to get back to the street.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William, who merely holds the door open for the others as they make they're escape from the burning building say to everyone, "What happened to the shop keeper?"
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

As he reaches the outside, helping Van carry Cornelius, he turns around and replies to William:

"I don't know, too much fire inside. I didn't see anyone."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

From atop the building you see Jacob flying over the shop from behind it. He alits just in front of you, with a question on his face."How did the fire start inside?" Then he sees Cornelius' sleeping form between Van and Lucius.

"You can tell me what happened later. Let's get to that Inn before the gendarmes from here arrive. Let me help with Cornelius. I'll tell you about my little adventure once we are in a secure location." He bends down and picks up the slumbering dwarf, tossing him gently over his shoulder. He looks to the others and beckons you to lead, as he has no idea where you are headed.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van looks Jacob puzzled for a moment but understand that this isn't the right time for questions. So he looks around to check if everybody is out safe and then says:

"I know where is the inn, follow me."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

And thus you arrive at the Inn and find that arrangements have been made for rooms for yourselves. After settling in you reconvene in the dining area to eat.

Thus ends Chapter Six! Please got to the following link for Chapter Seven. http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... 515#101515