The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter One

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan reacts quickly, rushing up to aid Elsie. He fires his pistol at point blank range into the undead abomination on the floor, then drops it and quickdraws its twin, ready to fire again. While doing this he shouts to the hound-

''Elsie, drop it!''

[OOC Horror Check 20, attack roll 23, handle animal 21- intent is for dog to drop Luisa and pull back, same command used when hunting critters]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Upon seen his Great Aunt Luisa walking corpse Julian's jaw drops for just moment "Aunt Luisa?!" he says slowly approaching with his blade in one hand and shield in the other. (1)

This is no bandit, this is the walking dead! Tuke has some explaining to do.

Julian is unsure what to do, normally he would slay an undead he saw on sight, but his own Aunt? Ezra give me strength

"Be careful Tristan..."

Julian looks at Luisa, watching her. (2)

1. Horror Check result 26
2. Knowledge Religion check to see what kind of undead she is Result 22
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

The creature that was once Luisa stops moving as Tristan's twin pistol blasts and Elsie's viscious teeth do their work. Elsie falls back on Tristan's command. The grubs upon the ground begin to rot into ash before Julians eyes.

The walking dead. Julian can recognize quite easily what the Barovian's call a zombie.

Blood trails from the feet of the creature towards a darkened corner of the greenhouse. The blood still steams in the cold of the night.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

JMaytr wrote:The creature that was once Luisa stops moving as Tristan's twin pistol blasts and Elsie's viscious teeth do their work. Elsie falls back on Tristan's command. The grubs upon the ground begin to rot into ash before Julians eyes.

The walking dead. Julian can recognize quite easily what the Barovian's call a zombie.

Blood trails from the feet of the creature towards a darkened corner of the greenhouse. The blood still steams in the cold of the night.
Tristan looks to Julian and says-

''Julian, maybe you ought to check that out.''

He indicates the corner to which the blood trail leads.

''I'll do what has to be done here. She wasn't my aunt.''

With that, he falls on the corpse with his hatchet, chopping it up like firewood.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian nods and begins to move to the darkened corner of the Greenhouse. "If you need any help, just shout. The others should be on their way if Tuke managed to give them the message." he says as he carefully moves past the zombie that was once his Aunt.

He does his best to follow the blood trail staying on the alert.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

Agna pushes herself up, taking in the sight of the larder. Spices, dust, bits of broken pottery and blood splotch the front of her dress. She gives herself a fierce shake, struggling to stay focused. No, I know what I saw, damn you! she snaps to the insinuating presence behind her eyes. Now, be silent, by Ezra!

Something moist drops from her waist, a piece of flesh she does not recognize until she sees Mariabella's poor abused body. Agna feels her gorge trying to rise, but she digs the nails of her right hand savagely into the back of her left one. She spies a rag and quickly flings it over Maria's face and ruined throat, as much for reasserting her own courage as to give Maria some faint semblance of decency.

The blood-puddle from Maria's throat is dripping through a crack in the floorboards. She half-feels, half-hears something from underneath her. There are men entering the kitchen -- she recognizes Tahl's boots, but not his companion -- so she leans down carefully to the spot, trying to hear a little more.... (1)

Listen check + 2 = 24
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran arrives as tristan is hacking up the corpse, the last visage what looks like a rotten form of his grandmother. He looks to Tristan and in low solemn tone, "How could this be? What the hell was that thing? Is this what attacked Mariabella and Agna?"

He steps around the scene with caution and trails behind Jullian to back him up. "Jullian, was that Luisa?"

Goran stands at the entrance to the greenhouse for a bit of secondary dense if there appear another of the risen dead.

Why grandma? I saw her laid to rest in the earth just this morning. Most importantly why would that little fool lie about what he saw. That bastard!
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Julian can see that the blood trail leads to a spot in the stone floor of the greenhouse, disappearing abruptly at the edge of some tiles.

Tristan makes quick work of the corpse, removing the hands and feet of Luisa. Goran arrives in the greenhouse followed a moment later by Roderigo.

Roderigo sees the thing that was his mother, then doubles over and begins to vomit onto the floor.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran turns and acknowledges his father after his evening's feast is brought back up.

If father is not armed, Goran draws a longsword from his back and javelins it into the mud at Roderigo's feet (1) , "You haven't forgotten to use one of those have you old man." a brief grunt of joy escapes Goran, "We may need your help if there is anything else lurking in here."
Briefly Goran stoops to Tristans flank, speaking only loud enough for his father to hear other than Tristan, " I think it appropriate if Tuke be detained immediately, I can't help but feel his involvement in this. I know he is fool, but his behavior is odd. Can I count on you?"

( 1) Attack roll if needed to position the blade close enough to Roderigo so he can grasp it, result 11, may need penalty for throwing it.
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan answers Goran, while holding Elsie and trying to calm her down. As he speaks, he appears to be carefully examining the dog, checking her for injuries.

''Yes....it's Luisa....she knew me, Goran! She...it...knew who I am, and seemed to be trying to tell me something. It said 'must help' and 'help blood.' I thought it was a ghost, Luisa trying to tell me to help the family...I don't know. When it came at me, Elise jumped to protect me. I fired both pistols into it- but I had to be sure it wouldn't get back up, so I used my hatchet. ''

Tristan falls silent again, and continues tending to his animal.
He looks shaken, but not sick or panicky.

Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

Tuke comes around the corner after composing himself for a moment in the kitchen. He's relieved to see Agna awake, and puzzled to see her stretched out over the floorboards. Did I hear something? he wonders for a moment.(1) "Agna? What is it?"

(1)Listen check result 14
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Agna can hear the blood dripping from the floorboards to some chamber below it.

Tuke does not hear anything.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Elsie obeys Tristan well. As the huntsman looks over her, the hound appears uninjured. There are no traces of the grubs he saw on the bitch. She pants happily next to her master.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Briefly Goran stoops to Tristans flank, speaking only loud enough for his father to hear other than Tristan, " I think it appropriate if Tuke be detained immediately, I can't help but feel his involvement in this. I know he is fool, but his behavior is odd. Can I count on you?"
Tristan nods in affirmation.
He then retrieves his discharged pistols and makes ready to leave.

JMaytr wrote:Elsie obeys Tristan well. As the huntsman looks over her, the hound appears uninjured. There are no traces of the grubs he saw on the bitch. She pants happily next to her master.

Relieved to find that Elsie appears to be well, Tristan gets up and walks to the door, holding his magical torch up high, so as to illuminate the largest possible area. His hand is shaking a bit, causing the flickering torchlight to waver even more than usual. Created by the cool smokeless torchlight; wild, phantasmagoric shadows dance across the mold-encrusted surfaces of the greenhouse interior.

''C'mon Elise, let's go find that damned fool. He's gotten himself in some kind of trouble with the bosses.''

Tristan leaves the greenhouse and its horrors to the Pancrazios and goes off looking for Tuke , as per Goran Pancrazio's directive.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Following after Roderigo out to the greenhouse to see what happened there . On seeing what's left of the zombie goes in search Tristan and Jullian .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .