Mists over the Musarde: The Second Interlude

Online roleplaying at the Café
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Cirdan will gently hold Evie in his arms and open his vizor.

"More of those creatures? - Let's best stay together for the moment. Sir Denys,
where could those creatures come from? - Is this house itself cursed by one of your enemies, or might the be a secret entrance from the underground that we simply need to block? - In any case, you should not stay here."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I agree with Norzak's plan for detecting these things and eradicating them from the house hold, and destroying them, I'm all for that ." Alain thinking that if needs must he will be using DU a lot tonight to take care of the little things , and any other spells as needed .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Le Noir Faineant

Cirdan, still holding Evie, and to ambigual delight not showing any intention of loosing his grip, nods to Norzak and Allain.

"I'll stay here protecting the women and Sir Denys for the moment."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

A thorough search of the house does not reveal more of the critters. Several holes the things may have been using [or perhaps these are mundane rat-holes, it is an old house, after all] are found and blocked. No secret underground tunnel is discovered, but Norzak does find a small tunnel that leads into the garden. It's just big enough for a rat or mouse to crawl through. A brick or heavy board would suffice to block it.

While the others are searching, Sir Cirdan has the opportunity to chat with Evangeline. Denys doesn't talk much, but just sits in his chair, draining glass after glass of hot tea.

Once the party has regrouped, Denys says to all gathered,

''The issue of moving will be dealt with later, I should think. Even if we did move, that might simply be what our enemies want us to do- clear out so they can search my house, or maybe attack us whilst we are busy moving. Who knows? For now, it seems we are as secure as we can be here. I have faith in your abilities, and if you fellows didn't find more of those creatures, and Dorgio has blessed the house, then I suggest we commence with the luncheon. I'm anxious to know if Bennedict discovered anything of interest...eh?''
Last edited by ewancummins on Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant

Cirdan will remain at the door, his vizor closed again, sword and shield ready.

"Sir Denys, you and your family should come to Darkon. My father can protect you there. - And I can, too."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:Cirdan will remain at the door, his vizor closed again, sword and shield ready.

"Sir Denys, you and your family should come to Darkon. My father can protect you there. - And I can, too."
Denys seems to have expected some other answer from the knight,

''Darkon! I....well....it's....Darkon. I, euh, thank you for your kind offer. Sir Cirdan, would we be safe there, truly? Your homeland, and I say with with no intention whatever of offending you, it has an uncanny reputation. It is said that those who tarry there are ensorcelled and never wish to leave- and also that dead men walk the roads at night. I don't know how much of that to believe, but still...''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant

Cirdan doesn't not move or show any expression.

"You're right, Sir Denys. Yet, King Azalin is grateful to everyone who serves him well, and those who obey the orders of the Eternal King live a good life.
- Even I, as a bastard, had the chance to prove my valour and become a knight. Moreso, the land has never been conquered by one of its many enemies, as long as history can tell. I realize freedom as you know it here might not be possible, but I give you my word that everyone there would give his life for you and your family at my command."

The dark knight's black armor will shimmer dully in the light of the candles...
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict, not having spells of use for detecting the mice, remains behind with Cirdan, Denys, and the women. When an opportune moment presents itself (when the others' attention is distracted elsewhere,) the archivist gives Charlotte's hand a reassuring squeeze, flashing a smile.

When the others return, he joins Denys in a reassuring drink, pointing out "There really is no need for a secret spy tunnel to be present. It's not as if it's uncommon for the living variety of mice to tunnel into an older home like this one, let alone an undead construct capable of burrowing tirelessly. In any case, I think we can be satisfied that, for the time being, the danger has passed."

He sits back as Cirdan proses a relocation to Darkon, attempting to disguise his eye-rolling. "In any case," he finally interjects, "even if Deny wishes to relocate, we need to deal with the immediate situation, and I can tell you with some certainty that that situation is dire."

He stands, handing his glass to Charlotte. "I have discovered some interesting information during my search of the archives. An acolyte of Ezra died to get it to me, so I'm willing to lend it some credence." He clasps his hands behind his back, starting to pace. "In the early stories I discovered of Wolutha the Witch, mention was made of an ancient ritual wherein villagers would attempt to appease Incabulos by locking one of their children into a cave or other underground chamber, wherein they were presumably taken and tortured by servants of this 'god.'" He smiles apologetically at the women, remembering that he is in mixed company. "While unpleasant, this detail is important, as one of the early records from the city indicated the discovery of a young child found wandering and lost in the sewers beneath an abandoned fortress, the Grim Bastion. He was afflicted with disease and uncommunicative, but the parallels between the Wolutha story and this are apparent, particularly if one of my suspicions, that a gateway exists between the lands of Norzak's people wherein Incabulos was worshiped of old, exists in this Bastion's sewers. And, as I mentioned, the Doctor took the time to murder the acolyte who was bringing me these records rather than killing me outright, a mistake which cost him the opportunity presented to him." He rounds on the others, punching his fist into the palm of his hand. "I believe that the gateway is there, and all of these attacks have been an attempt by the Doctor and his cult to keep us away while they complete some dire purpose. If we want to protect the Sancerres and, frankly, ourselves, I submit that the time has come to go to the Grim Bastion, investigate, and put a stop to this."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

" I agree with Benn that we need to stop these incessant attacks by dupes and minions of this Doctor person . We must stop them at the source, were ever that maybe ."
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Le Noir Faineant

Cirdan, behind his iron vizor, listens very attentively to what Ben says.

"Sure. - We have to fight back against those who dare to threaten the life of the Sancerres. Still, I would suggest that Sir Denys considers leaving Richemulot, at least for a time. No matter how this ends, the Doctor surely has other complices that might come avenge him. I do not know how magic is treated within the lands of the Four Towers, but it seems to me that cannot fight a cult of necromancers all alone."

The knight takes off his helmet, and looks at Ben, then at Evangeline.

"I do not want frighten anyone, but, in the language of the peasants, this could be huge. We have done everything we could to scare those freaks, and acted with extreme brutality. Why do they not fear us by now? - I think because they know they can best us, and I am sure their next attack will be harder to block than the previous ones."
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"I stand with Norzak. Where he goes, I go."
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Le Noir Faineant

Suddenly, Cirdan extends the tip of his sword to Jon, and touches the boy's throat with it...

[Batman voice, eyes glowing?]: "Kneel."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak is about to explode at Cirdan, but realises that perhaps the elf is going to knight him? Odd thing to go but if Cirdan feels he must do that then let him have his little fun. He moves to Jon and looks at Cirdan. "Ye knighting the lad?" His hand is on the young man's shoulder, letting him know he has his best interests at heart and won't let anything happen to him if he can help it. His body is hidden from view of the knight.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Rafael wrote:Cirdan, behind his iron vizor, listens very attentively to what Ben says.

"Sure. - We have to fight back against those who dare to threaten the life of the Sancerres. Still, I would suggest that Sir Denys considers leaving Richemulot, at least for a time. No matter how this ends, the Doctor surely has other complices that might come avenge him. I do not know how magic is treated within the lands of the Four Towers, but it seems to me that cannot fight a cult of necromancers all alone."

The knight takes off his helmet, and looks at Ben, then at Evangeline.

"I do not want frighten anyone, but, in the language of the peasants, this could be huge. We have done everything we could to scare those freaks, and acted with extreme brutality. Why do they not fear us by now? - I think because they know they can best us, and I am sure their next attack will be harder to block than the previous ones."
"Or they understand the price, should they fail," Bennedict expounds. "There are fates far worse than death, and lines that demons like Incabulos will cross that men like you and I refuse."

He stops for a second to sip his drink, looking up in shock as Cirdan suddenly turns on Jon.

"What in the hells are you doing?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak looks at Benn. Putting his hand up to settle the man.

"Ye better be knightin' tha lad, Cirdan. An please remove yer blade from his neck, 'iss mekkin us nervous bub."