A shocking case.

Books, movies, television and everything else
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

A shocking case.

Post by alhoon »

How can someone be so corrupted? This is about the Singapore ritual murders.

Not for the feint of heart!

I can hardly think of a person more worthly of darklordship than this guy. He's as evil as Hitler IMO, without the excuse of being mentally ill.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

That is really pretty bad... Darklord of a small temple perhaps, but I am loath to give him enough respect to say much else about him... He was crazy to think that child murder... Especially to cover up rape was the way to distract the police... I say he was just a little more active in his own crimes then dear old Charlie Manson... Still small domain, if that... And a fear of the living dead as he double checked to kill his victims...
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
LadySoth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by LadySoth »

alhoon wrote:How can someone be so corrupted? This is about the Singapore ritual murders.

Not for the feint of heart!

I can hardly think of a person more worthly of darklordship than this guy. He's as evil as Hitler IMO, without the excuse of being mentally ill.

I don't think you can compare real life horror like this with a fantasy role playing game. :?

There's never an excuse for atrocities like these.
Last edited by LadySoth on Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ L A D Y S O T H ~

"I rule out nothing. Nor, I imagine, do you."
"Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside . . . "
"Hail Strahd, Lord of Barovia!"
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

We can, but yeah... It kinda comes off hollow and pointless, just like the crime... I know the Darklords have done similar or worse but still, that is fiction and this was real.
Someones memory is attached to it more so then others. I compared it as best I could and while I can draw inspiration from some pretty sick source material, I am not inspired and have little desire to bring up the memory of such again. Just trying to respond to the post, not to excuse the actions of the man!
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
LadySoth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by LadySoth »

A G Thing wrote:We can, but yeah... It kinda comes off hollow and pointless, just like the crime... I know the Darklords have done similar or worse but still, that is fiction and this was real.
Someones memory is attached to it more so then others. I compared it as best I could and while I can draw inspiration from some pretty sick source material, I am not inspired and have little desire to bring up the memory of such again. Just trying to respond to the post, not to excuse the actions of the man!
AG, I was responding to the first post on this thread, not yours. I've edited my original post so that its more clear. Sorry for any confusion.
~ L A D Y S O T H ~

"I rule out nothing. Nor, I imagine, do you."
"Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside . . . "
"Hail Strahd, Lord of Barovia!"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Lady Soth: I agree. That's why I placed it in here and not on the Ravenloft boards. I said "worthy of darklordship" because I was loath to say "Worthy of eternal damnation".
I'm a Christian and I believe God has limitless capacity for forgiveness. That means that a man like me can't proclaim someone "worthy of eternal damnation" not even someone so utterly and irrevocably evil as this guy. That's God's business.

So here you got me... you made me talk about religion. However since it all started by this man corrupting othes using religion and faith, I'm not off-topic.
Anyway, I don't think this guy was ever a religious person. I don't believe commited those abominable murders for any other reason other than perversion and because it was convenient. Even if by chance he thought that something will reward him for this murders, he did it for gain, not because of zeal. The same way someone bribes a goverment official to promote his case.
The man was really despicable. Cases like this make me question if I'm really against the death penalty.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

:oops: Oh... Well then.... :oops: Ok.... I guess that was just a little unneccessary then... Well... I see... :oops:

Well... Guess it's time to be hitting that old dusty trail....

(Slowly dismounts from soap box and waves embarassedly to the confused masses...) :oops:

But seriously I am almost always confused! :? It is all good Lady Soth!