The Eye of Anubis: A Third Interlude

Online roleplaying at the Café
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

"Fair enough. Especially with..." Tomas stops, slowing as they near the tent. He looks incredibly frustrated for a moment, his fist quaking. "...I cannot be too angry. We do not know what Samael told the others-they could believe we knew and approved of the separation. Or that we planned to murder them in their beds."

But he is. Angry. It flows through his entire being, building like some terrible swell, a wave waiting to crash and consume whatever town was foolish enough to build on the shore.

"Can I at least see my file?" Tomas concludes; he's not going to physically force Charles to show him anything, despite possible earlier bluster. He doesn't have it in him. "I...I am being sure the government, she does not care much about someone like me, but...I have a mother, and a father, and an adopted uncle." Tomas shrugs, as if this explained it all.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

"They are desperate men," Charles says analytically. "Fassahd has almost undoubtedly assured them of vast treasures, and all of them except perhaps Benoit are, well, susceptible to the lure of wealth. To do Maleagant credit, he deserted us in a way that at least gave us a chance to survive. But I think it is fairly certain that we were disposed of so as to give them a free hand with the treasures of the tomb." He shrugs slightly.

"As for your file..." Charles shrugs again. "There is one, yes. I suppose I could show it to you, but it's encrypted. It says very little, in truth. Nothing about your family beyond their patent of gentry and coat of arms, and that they own a watchmaker's shop."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

"I see..." He should've guessed. What a fool you are, Eisenwald! Tomas even looks sheepish, unable to hide his humiliation at not thinking of this simple precaution. Relief is also present-he doesn't know.

"Well, then I guess there is only one thing left to do..." Tomas looks sinister, for a moment, before pulling out...a pad and pencil! "Tell me again about these 'imaginary numbers' and what place they have in a rational universe?"