The Literary Gothic

Books, movies, television and everything else
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

The Literary Gothic

Post by Griselda »

I came across this in my travels, and thought the citizenry here would appreciate it.

http://www.litgothic.com/index_fl.html

The Literary Gothic is exactly what it says it is -- a site dedicated to the Gothic literary tradition, from the famous to the less-so. The definition seems to be rendered a bit broadly, as alongside the usual suspects like Nathaniel Hawthorne, Charles Maturin, Anne Radcliffe and the Brontes, there is Edith Wharton, Lovecraft, Ambrose Bierce and Clark Ashton Smith. Still, there are links to e-texts of short stories (especially great for those flash-in-the-pan magazine writers -- fret not, it's public domain), biographical and bibliographical info, and literary criticism for each writer in the stable.

Once you've read through your favorite authors, there's further links for general online resources on the Gothic in literature. There's also a nice blurb on how to do research on Gothic literature (a.k.a., "We're not doing your homework for you! " :))

Great little spot to hit when your floon sags! Enjoy!
order99
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by order99 »

A shiny new Link! You shouldn't have!

No seriously, you shouldn't.This is going to play havoc with my Microsoft studies. Ah well-maybe JUST ONE before bed wouldn't hurt...
"And did she ever come out?"
"Not Yet".
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

heheh... reading to do... See you all in another years (lol)

Sneaks off with Drusilla and Socko to peruse this previously unfathomed delicacy of literary delights...
Swallow your soul!