Realms of Dread IC, Chapter One

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:"Hey, did ye hear that? I think somethin's goin on that way" she points in the direction she heard a disturbance from. "Let's go see what's goin on stead a waitin an doin nuthin."

Turning she heads for the sounds of disturbance she heard. Whether Talbot follows is not important. It was better to go help than sit around and do nothin in her book.
Talbot begins to object, but then comes along anyway.

''We'll lose our place in line...I...uh..hold on, I'm coming!''

Rardi runs down the street and rounds the corner to see a trio of militiamen interrogating a woman at the side of the street, while two of their fellows bind up a groggy looking man who appears to be injured.
Last edited by ewancummins on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Archedius wrote:Archedius nods his head curtly, snaps his heels together and gives a slight bow.

"I am Archedius Tagaris of Damara, I assume from your uniforms I have arrived at Cormyr. I am a man-at-arms and would like to find work here."

Archedius reaches into his cloak and removes several belts with scabbards attached.

"I assume you need to see if I'm armed. If it is a problem, I will pay." He flashes his teeth in an attempt at a smile.

The Purple Dragon sergeant smiles to hear Archideus' bold and open declaration.

''Ah a sellsword looking for work? You've come to the right place. Marsember's in an awful state, on account of an attack by monsters and a great fire that's destroyed part of the town. We need more men to keep order, it seems. Lord Ildool is expanding the militia, and he's open to hiring foreigners. You can keep both your weapons and your gold if you sign up with the Lord's men. ''
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Hey, what are ye doin to that man? What did he do? I am from the Temple of Lathander and am joining the militia. I heard this skirmish here.
Please tell me he did something wrong."

Rardi keeps her hand near her mace. She doesn't like what she sees. Why are these men beating on a lone man? It appears that perhaps they take their job to excesses.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:"Hey, what are ye doin to that man? What did he do? I am from the Temple of Lathander and am joining the militia. I heard this skirmish here.
Please tell me he did something wrong."

Rardi keeps her hand near her mace. She doesn't like what she sees. Why are these men beating on a lone man? It appears that perhaps they take their job to excesses.

One of the militimen handling the injured man looks up and says-

''What, him? He pulled a blade on us when we stopped him for questioning, tried to stab the sergeant. He's lucky we used the blunt ends o' our spears, right?''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi's eyes narrow. "Nor too sure about yer methods, mac. I am to understand that you five men attacked a lone man becasue he pulled a knife on ye? Lemme see the knife he pulled. NOW!!!!." Her voice booms across the street.

"An what of this other woman? What she do, hmmm? Pull a knife on ye as well? She dun look so dangerous ta me. Scuse me ma'am," Rardi addresses Inovidil "What happened here?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Rardi's eyes narrow. "Nor too sure about yer methods, mac. I am to understand that you five men attacked a lone man becasue he pulled a knife on ye? Lemme see the knife he pulled. NOW!!!!." Her voice booms across the street.

"An what of this other woman? What she do, hmmm? Pull a knife on ye as well?"

The militamen level their spears at Rardi. They don't look amused.

One of them, the bearded one questioning Inovidil says-

''That hangs it! What makes people think they've got a right to interfere with us? You're both under arrest for..for..obstructing the King's justice! Lads, take these two ladies down to the militia house and we'll get this sorted out. Now, don't you two give us any trouble. We're just doing our jobs, you understand.''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil with great calm shows the man her ring.

"I'm Inovidil, and as you can see I have all the authority to ask what is going on here. I saw you 5 hitting this man, I understand that he might be dangerous, but this was not the right treatment. You can just arrest him."

When Rardi and Talbot arrive, Inovidil looks at them and says always calmly:

"I heard the voices and thought that someone was in trouble. So I came here and saw these men beating this poor man. But guess everything is under control now. Right?"
Last edited by VAN on Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"You five are doing justice and beating on a lone man? That's what ye call justice?" Rardi spits on the ground. "It's a good thing we've got ye to protect us from such threats as vampires or worst" she mumbles.

She does offer herself up freely, but won't accept that any militia touch her.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The sergeant squints at Inovidil's ring.

''Cannot say as I know that seal. Look, you'll have to come along with us now. You won't be harmed. I just want to get all this sorted out right and proper. ''

The other militiamen don't touch Rardi. Indeed, they don't even seem especially hostile. They just drag their stunned captive along with them and walk beside the dwarf towards the militia-headquarters. One of the men, a young fellow looks to be not much over sixteen years of age, speaks to Rardi,

''You've got a loud set of pipes on you, that's for sure! Ha, if you are really signing up with us, I bet they'll make you a sergeant right off, on account of how loud you are.''

The other men chuckle at the lad's joke and seems to relax a bit.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil just sighes and follows them.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Talbot comes along too.

In front of the militia-house, the militiamen speak with the scribes. Talbot joins in the coversation, as well. A couple of the deputies remain near Ino and Rardi, to keep an eye on the two women.
Last edited by ewancummins on Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

While waiting Inovidil turns to Rardi and asks:

"You must be new here, I'm Inovidil. I heard you are a priestess of Lathander. It's great that you are here, we had recently problem with undead in Marsembar and your help will be precious if they return."

Inovidil smiles at the dwarf she is indeed very happy that a cleric arrived!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rardi keeps her comments to herself as they walk back to wherever they're going. If having a loud voice made her a sergeant, that would be most odd. Actions should speak for a person not their voice.

When Inovidil spoke to her she replied "I haven't been here long, truth be tole. I'm in Marsember for another reason. I felt if I joined the militia I could make a difference for the city. I wouldn't do that by abusing me position, that would be wrong." This she says in a low voice.

She does keep an eye on the beaten man. Speaking up she says "Would ye mind if I tended to this man? I be a talented healer and cleric. I don't hink he'll be any threat now that ye've removed his dangerous knife."

"I heard about the undead here and in the area thus I came. This be a man ai met at the militia sign up. DUnno his name but he followed me to the scene. He seems a nice enough feller. Ah pardon me, I be Rardi Silverhelm. 'O Damara in fact. Pleased ta make yer acquaintance, Inovidil."
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Archedius nods at the Sargeant.
"Thank you, sir. I submit my weapons to be peacebound until I have properly signed up. Red Knight be with you."

Archedius shifts his weight off of his spear and winces. He turns the point towards himself and offers the handle towards one of the Purple Dragons.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil shakes Rardi's hand.

"The pleasure is all mine Rardi. In fact I was thinking to join militia as well, I was here when this catastrophe happened. Actually me and my friends warn them and tried to help as we could, but alas we couldn't save the whole city... I think join the militia is a noble thing, well if they treat people in the right manner at least...About that man, well, don't know if they will like you cure him. But I'd say do it, he doesn't seem so dangerous and he has his hands tied. So guess you can do it, or at least ask someone here."
- W H A T ! ? !