Realms of Dread IC, Chapter One

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

ewancummins wrote:The Old Shell
Rafael wrote:And on goes Ironheart beating the crap out of his the fellow guests...

But first, he saves Moorkroft goes to aid Moorkroft...

Not that he was a merciful character, but maybe his new "employer" might expect that sort of things...

Ironheart subdues the remaining men.

Moorkoft thanks him for his help.
Jamethon waves a hand at the pile of bound men who lie on the ground before he and Ironheart.

''Well, I doubt that any of these lot will threaten militiamen again....ummm, what do we do with them now? Should we take them to gaol?''
Ironheart grins grimly.

"Better we find a more quiet place to drink. I am thirsty, and I long for a wench's warm bossom."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Yes I be she, Sergeant. Once that prisoner is comfortably shackled in his cell, I'd like to go ask 'im a few questions with me pal 'ere" she pats Blaise on the arm. "Ye know who we is, so in case I dun like the answers I git from 'im, our Captain Archedius will be by ta ask him some questions 'o' 'is own. Chainin 'im up is a better fate than he deserves if'n yer ask me."

Once the Sergeant agrees and tells them the way, Rardi heads there with Blaise. "So ye got any questions ye'd like ta ask 'im? I be castin' Discern Lies afore we enter 'is cell so that is gonna 'elp."
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

The thing's childlike curiousity is making Archedius feel sympathetic and disturbed at the same time.

He steels himself and sits back down, his hand close to the hilt of his shortsword as he waits uncomfortably for Deltherin to grant him an audience.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Blackpillars
Archedius wrote:The thing's childlike curiousity is making Archedius feel sympathetic and disturbed at the same time.

He steels himself and sits back down, his hand close to the hilt of his shortsword as he waits uncomfortably for Deltherin to grant him an audience.

After a little while, the veiled girl crawls down out of the big chair and walks over to a narrow side door which is half concealed by a wall hanging. She pushes this doorway open and steps into the dark hallway on the other side. She moves slowly enough that Archedius could easily catch up to her if he cares to abandon his seat in the grand parlor.

Just then, as the girl stands in the narrow side door, wreathed in deep shadows, Archedius hears a faint knocking at the front of the house. The knocking sound is soon followed by footsteps, the creak of door hinges, and then muffled voices. The air grows just a mite more damp and chill.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Archedius slowly stands and walks towards the side door, giving himself enough distance to leap back if needed,

" Whom do you speak with child?"
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Threan explains the request from the three fellows who just left the shop . After doing so asks "So what do you think we should do . I for one would have to get confirmation that these so called "bandits" really did what their spokesmen said they did ."
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana replies to Rardi "I'm not sure yet. I got some stuff on the Madam, but she may not have anything to do with it of course. I'll do a bit of reading. See you later!"

Shana wanders into the Old Shell and looks around in surprise

"I see people have been making their own entertainment here! Hey Alain: I've got a bit of reading for you. I warn you, its quite touching actually."

She hands Alain the diary and gives a cheery wave to everyone else.
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

After greeting the sargeant, Blaise chats quietly with Rardi as they walk toward the cells.
tarlyn wrote:Once the Sergeant agrees and tells them the way, Rardi heads there with Blaise. "So ye got any questions ye'd like ta ask 'im? I be castin' Discern Lies afore we enter 'is cell so that is gonna 'elp."
"Good, good," Blaise says. "I have a ... gift that can convince some people to treat me as a trusted friend. It'll help me play the 'good person' to your 'bad' one. Mostly, I want to ask him about Fortis."

He glances around quickly to make sure they're not being overheard. "If Fortis is Delthrin, then he may have used brutes like this man for some dirty work. Even if they're NOT connected, he may have seen something."
Last edited by Ken of Ghastria on Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil smiles as she appears at the safety of her room. She has learnt many things and now was eager to discuss them with her friends. She was sure that some of them would probably think she is coward for not following Delthrin in the house or enter inside and find out if indeed in the sack was a human body, maybe a child. But the evoker has as first rule to survive and didn't want to risk to get in a trap or anything, better be cautious when you have to do with powerful necromancers...

When she heard the familiar voices of Jamethon and Ironheart she joins them and says with a smile.

"Glad to see you here guys. I have some great news but better wait the others to return. How was your morning?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the smithy

Lord Skybolt wrote:Threan explains the request from the three fellows who just left the shop . After doing so asks "So what do you think we should do . I for one would have to get confirmation that these so called "bandits" really did what their spokesmen said they did ."

''Yes, brother, I agree. If these fugitives of which he told us are really guilty of such terrible things, of course we ought to help. I'll admit the mention of a reward piqued my interest. He really didn't tell us much about his quarry. Hmmm...maybe he's afraid we'll try and claim the reward ourselves, bypassing his team? ''

Glim paces the floor , lost in thought for a moment.

''Well, we'll have time to think it over tonight. Maybe we'll learn something useful? There will be several militia officers at the party tonight, won't there be? You said the Amnite told you that the folks whom they have been pursuing had gotten into the good graces of the local government.... That sounds like he meant that they posess some sort of influence. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Old Shell-
Rafael wrote:
Ironheart grins grimly.

"Better we find a more quiet place to drink. I am thirsty, and I long for a wench's warm bossom."
Jamethon replies-

''Ah.....well, this place used to seem to me to be a quiet place to drink. Apparently these fools had other ideas. I suggest that we...oh, excuse me Ironheart...''

Jamethon turns to greet the others as they enter the main room of the Old Shell.

''Shana, Ino, Alain- good to see you all. I am afraid that you've missed the excitement here. ''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Blackpillars-
Archedius wrote:Archedius slowly stands and walks towards the side door, giving himself enough distance to leap back if needed,

" Whom do you speak with child?"

The veiled child titters again, then quickly steps into the darkened side hall.

The small side door hangs open. A cool, humid draught carrying a faint odor of lime and saltwater blows into the parlor.

Just then, Archedius hears footsteps coming from behind him.

A man's voice, cultured and cool, speaks-

''Ahem.... You have requested an interview, and I am happy to oblige you. ''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

a cell beneath the militia HQ-

The slasher is huddled in the rear left hand corner of the room. He looks sick or possibly hung over. A grime -encrusted bucket sits near him, half filled with vomit- the sour stench of which permeates the already stale air of the small cell. The stone walls of the dank cell are black with filth and splotched in places with yellow or white fungal growth. Tears of dirty water occasionally drip from the walls and ceiling. The only thing that looks new or even slightly clean in here are the heavy iron manacles which the prisoner wears. The chains appear to have been painted black, possibly to rust proof them. These chains attach the man's hands, and feet to the rear wall of the cell.

The brawny prisoner looks up at the two of you as you enter his cell. He's red eyed and bleary faced. He seems not to recognize either of you, perhaps because the cell is dark and gloomy, and perhaps from the after effects of drinking.

''Unnhhhhhh...who? What d'you want?''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Before enterring the cell, Rardi casts her spell. "You go first, Blaise" she whispers. This wasn't orthodox at all. This man was important to finding out information was all. She'd tread carefully. If the bastard didn't give Blaise adequate answers, she'd step in and hammer him hard with questions and attitude.

"Straighten up, ye lolligagger! Answer me pal's questions or else, ye scumbag." She retorted to his question.
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

Archedius stiffens slightly and cracks a smile briefly before turning to face the new entrant into the room.

"May I presume you to be Master Deltherin? It is good to meet you, I am Archedius Tagaris of Damara and I am in dire need of your wisdom and knowledge. I haven't much money to compensate you, but I'm hoping my symptoms might be of special interest."