Realms of Dread OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Yeah, I think I will have a lot of fun playing Arnulf, he being 13 1/2 and all.
If any of you have ever watched the Simpsons, well the teenager with the squeeky voice? That is Arnulf's voice. Personality wise, he will be quite nice to play actually.
Not sure which teenager that would be.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

So thus far we have a Wise Old Professor, a Tomb Raider, a Scholarly Knowitall Wizard, a 13 year old Barbarian and a Calishite Dancing Girl.

The forces of evil will be trembling in their boots :D
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
tarlyn wrote:Yeah, I think I will have a lot of fun playing Arnulf, he being 13 1/2 and all.
If any of you have ever watched the Simpsons, well the teenager with the squeeky voice? That is Arnulf's voice. Personality wise, he will be quite nice to play actually.
Not sure which teenager that would be.

He is a red head. He has sporadic appearances! If I find a pc I'll show you, ewan.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

http://www.80sanimation.com/dungeons-dr ... ysmall.jpg

How about this as a pic for your character Tarlyn?
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

kintire wrote:http://www.80sanimation.com/dungeons-dr ... ysmall.jpg

How about this as a pic for your character Tarlyn?

I thought of Bobby but he is not tall enough! I actually chose the newer Johnny Quest for his piccie!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Arnulf isn't tall enough to be Bobby? :shock:
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

kintire wrote:Arnulf isn't tall enough to be Bobby? :shock:
Arnulf is taller by at least 6 inches to a foot of Bobby, that is what I meant ;)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I need to decide some details about Sara's background too, being 1st level means she started only now the adventuring...meaning she isn't Tomb Ryder yet, is more like an athletic 19 years woman with some knowledges. But is FAR behind from the knowledges a tomb ryder should have. But she will be glad if BBQD's character teach her some things. Will be good RP between them.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I spoke with Skybolt at oh-dark-thirty [my time] and he has informed me that we can expect to start fairly soon- a week or two. He needs to hash out some notes, review PCs, etc. He's got a fillable PDF he would like people to use. E-mail or PM him about that.

All human party! That's cool. No elves, LOL!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I've filled my PDF already :)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

VAN wrote:I need to decide some details about Sara's background too, being 1st level means she started only now the adventuring...meaning she isn't Tomb Ryder yet, is more like an athletic 19 years woman with some knowledges. But is FAR behind from the knowledges a tomb ryder should have. But she will be glad if BBQD's character teach her some things. Will be good RP between them.
That would be a lot of fun
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Do we know where we're going to start? will we be beginning as the mists whisk us away, or will we have been around RL for a while? I might take a local language if the latter...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

kintire wrote:Do we know where we're going to start? will we be beginning as the mists whisk us away, or will we have been around RL for a while? I might take a local language if the latter...

I only took Common in any case. I think we are going to have a lot of fun!
I am writing out a little background/tale for Arnulf tonight and will send it to ewan and Skybolt.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Do we know where we're going to start? will we be beginning as the mists whisk us away, or will we have been around RL for a while? I might take a local language if the latter...
From what LS had told me, we will be just emerging from the Mists! We won't know jack-squat about Ravenloft.

I wouldn't have it any other way. :wink:

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Excellent! since i actually don't know much about RL, I should be able to cope with that...

Any idea where we'll be?