The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Once the body is bound securely, Tristan grabs a spade and heads out into the yard.

''I've seen enough- I don't know about you others. I'm digging her a grave, now. The poor woman needs to be laid to rest. You can call that fainting priest if you like, Harold, but I see no reason to wait for him. ''

Tristan walks over to a spot near the meager and patchy garden, and begins to chop into the moist soil with the spade. He works at a hard pace, and is soon damp with perspiration.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian leaves the kitchen through back door making his way to the shed. He spots Tristan in the garden with a spade, digging a hole.

"Tristan what is the meaning of this? We have no time for gardening, we must make check out that tunnel below the green house. My Uncle can't not any longer while you and others foul about." he says to Tristan.

Julian looks around for the others, not seeing them he assumes they are still in the shed.

"Goran, we shouldn't keep your Father waiting." he says loud enough to be heard from the shed.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Harold passes Julian and addreses Tristan with a gravelly voice: "If we don't call the 'fainting priest' first, she might claw her way up out of that grave you're digging her. Or she might be dug up by something unnatural. This ground has not been hallowed, Tristan. Finish the grave, please, but we can not lay her to rest until the priest has done what needs doing."

The ageing scholar turns to Julian, and says: "Get the priest, please. The sooner we are done here, the sooner we can get to work on that tunnel. And if you can get him here soon for a quick burial ... Once the priest is here, you might call Emilio and Agna, so they can say goodbye. And we're going to need some good cloth to wrap her in. No need for the old man and the girl to see the poor body trussed up like this."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian looks at Harold a small hint of anger across his face.

"How dare you speak to me in that tone, have you forgotten that I am a Pancrazio? I will not be taking orders from some house servant, employed by Grandfather! Now I will see to the body and make sure it is has not risen as an undead. The rest of you will prepare to leave in to those tunnels immediately!" he says his voice harsh.

Julian leaves no chance for Harold to respond and walks into the shed. He kneels down next to the body placing his hands on here head. (1)(2)

1. Lay on hands 2 HP
2. Knowledge Religion check to she if she is undead1d20+7=17

If nothing happens Julian leaves the shed.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

'Borcans,' Harold thinks with contempt. He does not let it show on his face, however. "What a shame that the word 'please' is not polite enough these days," he mutters as he limps closer to the grave being dug.
Last edited by Rock of the Fraternity on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

As Julian lays hands on the corpse of Mariabella, he feels the positive energy of Ezra flow through him.

Nothing happens to the corpse. It is quite clear to Sir Julian that Mariabella will not rise from her current state.

Sir Julian leaves the shed and rejoins Harold and Tristan in the yard by the makeshift grave.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"So, what were your findings, young lord Pancrazio?" Harold asks innocently, as he leans on his quarterstaff.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Rock wrote:"So, what were your findings, young lord Pancrazio?" Harold asks innocently, as he leans on his quarterstaff.
Julian looks at Harold.

" She is not undead, nor will she rise as one in her current state. Now let us go investigate the tunnels below the green house."

Julian begins making his way to the green turning his one eye gaze in that direction.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"May we please bury her first, with some respect and a chance for her loved ones to attend?" Harold calls after Julian. "Master Tristan is well-determined to dig her a grave, and it would be a kindness both to the deceased and the bereaved. It need only take a few minutes, sir."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Rock wrote:"May we please bury her first, with some respect and a chance for her loved ones to attend?" Harold calls after Julian. "Master Tristan is well-determined to dig her a grave, and it would be a kindness both to the deceased and the bereaved. It need only take a few minutes, sir."
Pausing in his movement Julian looks back at Harold and nods "Very well then Harold. We will not have time for the priest to come, inform Agna and my Uncle that we burying her shortly. I will see over the services." he says.

Julian turns around and begins to walk back to the garden.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Tahl goes and does as Julian demands . He goes and get's ready for the trip down through the tunnel (1) .

1.Adventures Kit(minus sleeping stuff) plus his weapons/armor on his sheet .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran is caught motionless by what he observes... perhaps they will be alright...

The tunnel in the earth, the feast to be held tonight, it should no longer be a worry, he thinks. The ranger sees before him the transformation of a welp into a man in his young cousin; He witnesses the courage of an aging scholar, a stranger to him, dedicate himself to a cause for which there certainly will be little or no reward. Further, he feels the stern sincerity of the family's protectors: the reclusive Elf and the wiley keeper of the hounds.

This family seems to have crumbled around the edges, but this small core, this frame, may last a little longer. Goran poses this to himself and snaps back to the now. He gathers his sack and cinches it down tight on his back. Goran approaches the site of the newly disturbed earth meant for his family friend. He pauses next to a juvenile oak near the garden, it appears this is where he will wait for the ad hoc service.
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan continues digging the grave while the others talk. He works alone, but is making decent progress, as the earth is still somehwat soft from last night's rain.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

After Harold and Tristan depart, Agna seems clearly a bit shell-shocked. For a moment or two she wanders around the kitchen, doing little bits of tasks but nothing too involved. She seems to have forgotten Roderigo's presence for the moment. What on earth did you say to something like, "Agna, do you have a large knife or cleaver -- we need to go make sure Mariabella doesn't come back from the dead"? Thank Ezra Emilio wasn't here to see that, and please let no one tell him when he returns.

She shakes her head, trying to drive out far too many ugly images from the morning's events, some imagined but most far too real. Mariabella would have recommended a round or two with the chores to clear her head. Maybe there's something to that, at least today.

Agna retreats to the scullery to pick up a broom and a bucket with other necessary supplies. As she emerges and sees Roderigo, she realizes how foolish she must have looked earlier. She blushes, drops a somewhat confused curtsy and hurries up the back stairs.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Once Mariabella's grave is deep enough for the burial, Tristan climbs out of the hole. He lays the shovel aside. In a clear voice, he announces,

'' The grave is ready. As Julian said- we can fetch the priest later. For now, let us just pay our respects to Mariabella and place her in the earth. If the thing that killed her came through that tunnel- as I suspect it did, then we need to take a look down the hole, very soon. Other things might be down there- and that means the whole household could be in danger. ''

The young houndsman removes his hat and holds it in his hands. He looks down at the ground and falls silent.