Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

Come on, folks!
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK, we've been invited to dinner. But wait, dinnertime is also when the odd noises upstairs seem to start. Do we set up an observation group on the upper floor to try and catch the culprit?

I'm asking this OOC, cause no way would Brida herself think that far ahead. Besides, she's hungry.
Baron Zamedi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Zamedi »

LOL...
I think we should all just attend to dinner, try to learn something more from the NPC and when the noises come we can check on them.
After all we've got a lot of time for setting an ambush some other day and I bet I’ll pay off if we gather all the info we can before we do it.
"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains."
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

The "fancy-schmancy glamor boy" :lol: intended to sniff around a bit before dinner, but he won't want to miss it completely. For now. I hope we all get some small time before dinner to settle our things into the rooms and do some preparations.

Also I have a growing suspicion already and Francois' (and also the Swami's) Int should allow for a little meta-gaming.
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Indeed, some things do seem suspicious: that Marite Dulapont seemed so upset to see Francois and is insistent on not allowing him upstairs just yet. And the fact that Traven Dulapont turns out to be so aged, sickle and distraught. Might he be a spirit medium? Or suffer from a disease of some kind?
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Ok, guys. So what were your characters ideas for lifting this haunting or solving the riddle? I'm looking at you swami! A seance perhaps, some useful trinkets? Brida and perhaps the "reverend" are probably a little more hands-on in their approach. Too bad we're missing Samuel Pontbriand the bard here, he had some very useful lore skills.

François will probably want to look around in the upstairs rooms a bit and try to chat with the personnel. He does of course suspect a hidden agenda or three and family secrets galore.

The dinner will probably be quite entertaining. It all reminds me of this movie a bit...
Baron Zamedi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Zamedi »

Yes this is looking like it will be a merry reunion right here hehehe.

I think Paul's plans are about the same as françoise's and although he will enjoy a good fist fight he will also take a very empirical approach to the case being zherisian and all so he is going to be looking for clues and investigating rigorously.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Baron Zamedi wrote:françoise
Zamedi, in french adding an 'e' to a word/name almost always signifies that it is female, i.e. François = male = roughly Frank or Francis, Françoise = female = roughly Francine. Same with Louis XIV (male) and Louise Renier (female). In the male case the s is silent, for the female for it is not.

Just FYI. :)
Baron Zamedi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Zamedi »

Oops! I knew that but didn't notice when I wrote the post, my bad sorry.
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

As you all can tell, Brida is mainly there to provide the muscle. She doesn't have real investigative skills. If the "noises upstairs" don't immediately reveal tangible foes to fight, she'll probably be quite confused. She'll gladly let the other PCs direct her along. She trusts François, is a bit intimidated by Ranjan and hasn't yet formed a definite opinion of Paul.

I don't think she has plans for preparations before dinner. Her social skills are abysmally low, so she's likely to be uninterested in chatting with the NPCs before the big event.

...well, maybe Jeremy. He's kinda cute.
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

There seem to be two posters on the General Forum asking whether they could join the game. Is there room? Rock?
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I think there may be room, yes. ^^ Let me review their applications ...
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

Gah! I'm here.

I had a busy week at work, and it looks like I'm going to have another busy week at work.

In the meantime, here's the basic idea: Ranjan holds a seance. Lots of theatrics, lots of trinkets (that's the Masterwork Perform Tools) and a casting of Ghost Light to have a spirit appear. Get into the heads of the family, learn about what troubles they have, offer charms to get them around their troubles, "chase off" the Ghost Light, and problem solved.

He's beginning to suspect that there might be something more, however, and he doesn't know how to deal with that, though.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Sounds like a plan. :-) I like it.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Before you get to that point, feel free to pick a room, snoop around, maybe socialize a little with each other. ^^