Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mists over the Musarde, third interlude

Post by ewancummins »

[OOC- Please post here and not in Chapter 3.]

the Moot-ground-

After the departure of the gyspsies, the Moot continues, although the mood has become less festive.

Wat has gone away on a hunting trip with a small band of men, and has left word that he'll be back in a couple of days at most.

Jon snores softly in his bunk.

And the rest of our interpid band of heroes.......?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Jonathan lies in his bunk until he catches sight of Norzak. He then makes himself known to the party.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak approaches the lad with a worried expression on his face. "Ye sure gave me a scare, laddie. I dunno what ye bin heard or tole bout them tinkers but we are safe and no harm done. I'm jess glad yer back."
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"For now we are. They didn't ask anything of you did they? Like for you to perform a task? That is how they use their evil to trick you. I'm just glad your gone. Listen I have something to tell you and I need you to know first before we tell the others. I ran into someone in the woods when I fled here last night. It was Van Dieks."

Jonathan waits a moment.

"He told me that he could help me control what I've become. Because he gave it to me....I Think I killed Buckman."

Jonathan watches Norzak for a response.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak takes it all in. "Uh, you ran into Van Dieks? Shit! Damnit.... Ok well I dunno how tha others will take the news, to be honest. Ya do know I be wantin ta kill 'im, don't ye? Dang!"

Norak rubs his eyes, calming down. "So ye think ye are a werecreature now? Do ye trust this Van Dieks? I wouldn ta be honest. An the tinkers want Van Dieks brought to 'em in five days cuz 'e killeded two innocents.

As fer Buckman, it's up to you but I wouldn't telll em ye think ye did it, ok? They kin lay the blame on Van Dieks. So I thinks mebbe Dorgio or Benn might know more bout some cure, if ye like. It's up to ye. I stand by ye decisions, laddie, no matter what. I be a lil different than the others, morale wise [Norzak is saying he's a little on the evil side here :P]"

Norzak lays a hand on the young man's shoulder and smiles reassuringly.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict stands outside the moothouse, huddled together with Dorgio and Cirdan.

"Well gentlemen, it seems the task at hand is clear. Our quarry has made a fine play by eliminating our hunter, but we can find others to help us track Van Deicks down. Or, perhaps, we could simply lay a trap. In any case, our first and best chance of getting out of this place and back to Pont-au-museau is to find this man and bring him in."

He sketches out a quick diagram on the ground of the moothouse, the surrounding woods, and Wolutha's tower in the distance. He makes a quick X to indicate where the Buckman had been killed and another where the Vistani encampment and the two gypsies' murders had taken place.

"We can not be certain how well he knows the terrain, or even what his abilities may be at this point." He sighs. "And, we don't know who among us we can trust. Norzak drifts deeper into his darkness everyday, and though I have not said so aloud I am more and more concerned about this new ability of his to detach his shadow and send it away. And the boy," he shakes his head, "the boy is at best unreliable and potentially insane. The Raunie is not the only one concerned about his recent behavior and, you'll recall, our fortunes include the loss of one of our group to darkness." He hesitates, drawing a deep breath.

"It would appear we have our work cut out for us."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

"I think he speaks the truth Norzak, at least about this. I had a dream where I was running on all fours as a beast. And then I found myself changing. I don't know if I am the one who killed Buckman, but I am afraid. Thats why I run off so much, I don't want to change and hurt any of you. You are my friends. Do you think Dorgio could find a cure? I am able to control the change now, but not when there is alot of blood around. I was afraid with all the screaming I heard i wouldn't be able to control it."

Jonathan begins to sob.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I dunno about no cure to be honest but if anyone can fin' it, it be Dorgio or Benn. I won' let anythin happen to ye lad. As for Van Dieks, well like I sez afore, he deserves ta die and the tinkers want 'im. Ye think 'e might be up fer a parley? Tha others don' 'ave ta know about it."

Norzak calls back his shadow in the meantime. The lad breaks downa and cries. Norzak puts his arm aorund him comforting young Jon. "It'll be fine, Jon. We'll work this out somehow, ok?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

END OF INTERLUDE
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)