Kartakass: Interlude in Martira Bay

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Delsenora listens then speaks. "My informant told me that one evening, he was graverobbing. Once done his grisly business, he was leaving when he came upon a white faced woman with long teeth. He ran for his life. The woman caught up to him and pinned him to the ground. She looked back for a second to a cloaked figure with red eyes. This distracted her and my pal Ralph grew brave and got away from the woman.

As he looked back he saw the woman looking at the red eye cloaked figure, as if unsure of what to do. From what I understand from Ralph, he got such a chill from the red eyed figure, he forgot everything and ran for his life! Now, I've faced a Vampire before and that's difficult at best. What
I'd like to know is what type of beast leads a Vampire and chills a person to the bone? Well that's what I know about the graveyard."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well from what I know, many creatures undead or no emanate a supernatural fear aura. This can chill someone to the bone and make even the brave people to flee. To control a vampire exist several arcane and divine spells. Also that one might be a vampire spawn and not a vampire, so the vampire that did the vampire spawn can control it. So or was a vampire there or a powerful cleric or wizard or a creature than can cast arcane or divine spells."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Well I am sure of one thing, before I go back to Barovia or into some graveyard where Vampires and the like are probably lurkin' about, I would like to be well armed.
"Van, have you had a chance to look over my gift yet?" William eyes the wizard waiting for a response."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius agrees with William.

"Yes, I need new equipment too and some time prepare. But I'm loathe to leave Martira Bay just now..."
His hand squeezed Deari's more intensely at that time.

"It's not just for selfish reasons. The idea of simply fleeing from an unknown enemy, or one whose motivations are unknown, is not to my liking. Because that is an endless run with no objective. We will not lose them, Cornelius. Del says one of them have tracked us from Barovia. And I'm sure Azalin Rex knows enough to have a secret police competent enough to track us across the Core too..."

He smirked in doubt.

"Where would we hide? Where would we flee too? If we have to confront them, let's at least choose the battleground to our advantage. If you want my opinion, our most urgent task should be: one, to prepare us for battle better than we are now, get some equipment, get some training; and two, to learn what they want. We must know what their motivations are to defend against them.

Besides, we should not forget another thing. There are some people waiting for our contribution to a task we have agreed to in a few days or weeks."

He then added in a low voice, almost like a thought for himself alone

"...but of course I would like to go to Barovia and get rid of this curse."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van turns to William and says:

"William I cannot check your weapon, only Cornelius has this kind of spell, to identify items."

Looking at the dwarf he continues:

"I'm sure he can do it tomorrow morning."

Then he replies to Lucius:

"There is no reason to flee. I agree that many people seem to have certain interest in us and we need to know more about them and of course better prepared in case of fight. But thing we should panic. We just to be cautious and never be alone. We can walk w-3 together and prefer to stay in crowd places. I could finish my headband in 5 days, but as Balfour said I need to put a little of my essence in it and I'm not ready to do it now...So I suggest go to accomplish our task first, the one we have already agreed to do so I can finish crafting my headband and then we can go to Barovia to help Lucius."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius nods.

''Yes, I can identify its properties in the morning. As for staying a few more days so that Van can finish the headband, I agree. It will take a few days to gather supplies, obtain passage,etc for an expedition to Barovia. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius nods at Van.
"I agree with Van. I think crowded places is a good idea... if they don't try anything. They sure could have done anything already" he shrugs.

"But now that you mention spells... I should say to some of you I'm leaving the arcane studies aside for the foreseeable future. I will concentrate on my priestly vocation. But Cornelius, before that, could I copy your spell for suppressing lycanthropy? If I ever lose contact with some of you, that might be very important to me."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I cannot finish my headband now, I need to be ah... how to explain it...more experienced. I'll finish it after we accomplish our new task I guess, but for sure before leaving for Barovia. Have an item that enhances my intelligence will be for sure very useful! "
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tin Tankard
Basement Room

Delsenora listens with attention to what everyone has to say. There was so little she knew of these people while at the same time, the reverse was true for them towards her. She was already going ot do what she could to help them and would put her resources to full use for everyone's benefit.

"I'd, uh, like to help with anything here in the city. Just tell me what you need to find out or what you need, I'll see what I can do for you. Let's keep this place in mind for meetings. I think Garn has a few rooms I'm sure he'll let you stay in for next to nothing. I've helped him out on more than one occasion.

I'd actually like to go about with William this afternoon, introduce him to some of my sources and friends, if that's all right with you all. I promise I'll behave, for the most part.

Maybe as an afterthought, Van can work with Cornelius. Deari, Lucius and Hobert can work together and William and I can work together. We could make our base here for rendezvous'. I'm not trying to tell you all what to do, just suggest ideas."

She sighs and fidgets. Standing she begins pacing then speaks up again. "Listen. I'm like the new person here. I've never been a part of a group before, only worked alone. All my life actually. Where I'm from dark elves are feared, so me trying to do what I do was very difficult at best. When noone trusts you that's what it's like. It was really difficult growing up without a mother and my father away most of the time.
I spent most of my youth with my deceased brother, actually.

I don't know what my father has told you about me, but I'm sure his purpose in me joining is so you can keep an eye on me. I've taken care of myself for longer than you've been alive, so that is a load of bullshit. So I'm a thief, but I steal for a purpose and do a lot of research before I do it. Oh Lucius, I've never been to your parents home, in case you were wondering.

Well I do know this. I can be valuable to you people and getting to know each of you slowly as you get to know me. I think we'll do fine together. I have been in Martira Bay for ten years now and know it like the back of my hand. Well that's all I have to say, really. I'm just glad I got that off of my chest."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ail wrote:
"But now that you mention spells... I should say to some of you I'm leaving the arcane studies aside for the foreseeable future. I will concentrate on my priestly vocation. But Cornelius, before that, could I copy your spell for suppressing lycanthropy? If I ever lose contact with some of you, that might be very important to me."

''Yes, of course you may copy it, Lucius.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William gives Cornelius an appreciative smile. "Thanks. I'd appreciate knowing what that pop gun is capable of."

"I agree that a couple more days in the city would be beneficial. I would personally like to hit the books a bit while I am able to."

After Delsenora announces her plan, William shifts a bit and replies, "I agree on my previous terms; You keep that trigger finger in check. Of course if any shady blokes are lurkin about, I suppose a bolt to the neck would be permissible."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Delsenora is heard by all but Deari takes special note of her back story, and keeps it to the back of her mind as they may have some common ground if she knew more of her homeland than from rumor.

"Well Del seems to be right with the groups as far as Lucius, Hobert and I as we will probably be together more than not. I also see that we might need to stay here longer, but I only worry that people such as his parents might get brought into this. Still so far all they are doing is tracking us, so until they make a move we cannot really strike at them, since only Del has any idea who they could be at all."

Deari squeezes Lucius hand in return, keeps him in mind while she is listening to the others. She agrees with most of what he says but worries about staying slightly. She looks at Lucius and try's to convey her worry at what the enemy could be capable of.

"Staying is an option in some respects but one half of our problem is more familiar with this territory then we are. They are both inhuman, and the secret police of Darkon and they would know this land and it's inhabitants better than...?!?"

She stops mid sentence and looks over at Delsenora with a questioning look in her eye.

"Del? What would the Kargat think of there being Barovian's or some group working for Barovia in their boarders?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van just smiles to Delsenora:

"Don't worry Delm I think I vouch for all by saying that you are part of our group now. You have warned and keep an eye on us and this is very important. But what do you mean work together? Work on what?"

Then he turns to William:

"My friend, what kind of knowledge are you looking for? I have many books at my house, nothing to compare with Weathermay's of course but you can borrow any of them if you want."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Delsenora listens to everyone. When they're done, she turns first to Deari.
"I can't really say what the Kargat would think about these Barovians. Perhaps they would keep an eye on them, if I understand them properly. Else, nothing more really. Good question, though. As a sidenote, I know Darkon quite well, outside of Martira Bay. I do get around, you know," and winks at the half elf.

Looking at Van she says to the mage. "Van, by working together, I mean just that. We should all work together in our own little groups to gather information on certain aspects of what we want to know. No need to get into the details, really. I usually make a plan and stick to it, personally. And I am very persistent in my information gathering. Trust me when I tell you I get results."

Del frowns. These were people not used to her methods or those of a rogue, with the exception of William perhaps. "Well I am used to working alone of course. William, I promise to behave, of course. Unless my trigger finger gets too itchy. I can promise you this. It won't be a walk in the park, and that's a promise!"
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

VAN wrote: Then he turns to William:

"My friend, what kind of knowledge are you looking for? I have many books at my house, nothing to compare with Weathermay's of course but you can borrow any of them if you want."
"Thanks again mate, I 'ave imposed on you quite a bit these last few days...Thanks." He smiles an appreciative smile and turns his attention to Delsenora.
tarlyn wrote:Del frowns. These were people not used to her methods or those of a rogue, with the exception of William perhaps. "Well I am used to working alone of course. William, I promise to behave, of course. Unless my trigger finger gets too itchy. I can promise you this. It won't be a walk in the park, and that's a promise!"
"Well, even a walk in the park with you could give an ole sailor a heart attack. We'll just have to see how it pans out."