Kartakass: Interlude in Martira Bay

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius smiles at William's remark. He could feel like the old man was so changed nowadays, and how he wanted to make things right in his life.

He drew closer to Deari almost instinctively as she held his hand. After everybody spoke, he said.

"Then I feel we really should gain more information on our adversaries. Perhaps it is best if we are not too obvious, but since they've already seen us do lots of scholarly things, I guess going to the library or doing some kind of arcane research would give them no new information. Now, asking around bars and taverns, that would be the thing to raise suspicions.

I guess Del can really do it without being noticed. Do you think they have understood you're with us, Del? Or do they know of our relations with the Balfour?

Anyhow, perhaps we could try to give tasks to each group. I guess we all have our individual problems, like procuring or crafting gear, or making some research. I don't think it would be safe to ask around about the Kargat, but perhaps we should try to learn something of our pursuers... and maybe, maybe leave our present lodgings... all of us.

What do you think?"
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Delsenora listens to both William and Lucius, then turns to the sailor. "William I am positive you can take care of yourself. I'll do my best to make sure there's as little danger as possible in our outing." She winks at him then looks at Lucius, leaning up against the wall as she does so.

"Well as to your query about they knowing about me being with the party, I doubt it. I have taken certain precautions via a magical item that makes me very difficult to see, hear or intrude mentally on. And when I say I am very good at sneaking, it's very true, no bragging intended.

For the gear or supplies, ask Garn to give you the location of a dwarven shop. They're the best in town and if you mention his name, you'll get fair prices. Though with Cornelius it won't really matter. I gather he already knows of the same place!

I wouldn't worry about Balfour, even though he is old, I think he can take care of himself. So why don't we get going. I still think this would be a good place to make our base. And if anyone is worried about their families here, I'll make sure that if anyone tries anything, I'll know quickly enough so we can act on it, ok?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van nods.

"Sounds good to me. Infact more we know about our pursuers the merer, so yes we need to gather more information possible. As Lucius said we need to confuse them. I cannot craft my headband yet, just start it, so I'll be glad to go to the libraries and spend sometime there. I always enjoy study about magic or learn any kind of knowledge. But I'm sorry I'm not intend to leave my house. My lab is there as long as my library. i don't want anyone to break to my house and be close to these places. I can turn invisible with spells and I can also fly, so if there is any need to go out they will have hard time to follow me. Also if I need any help or contact any of you, I can send you Ithan with a message."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius announces-

''I don't know about you people, but I grow hungry! I could use a nice pitcher of ale, too. Ah, and some bugs...for my lizard. Any of you see a honeypot around here?''

The dwarf gets up and begins poking about the room.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

There are footsteps heard from inside the room. A knock is heard at the door. A muffled "I got the grub an ale fer ye, dwarvish style!" The voice is that of Garn and he doesn't wait for someone to open the door. It opens and he enters with a tray full of food and ale. As well, another dwarf enters with a tray full of food. They lay the trays on the table, which brings Del to a seat. The owner looks at Hobert with a big grin. "Awright ye mutt. Missy, I be removin' 'is muzzle. I got me some tatsy bones in me apron fer 'im. But it comes back on afore yer leave tha room and when ye be in the Inn, ye git it?" He pats Deari on the shoulder and with his other hand, removes a package. He lays it at Hoberts feet and removes the muzzle himself. "Ye be a good mutt, uunnerstood?" And he ruffles Hoberts head somewhat before turning and exiting the room with the other dwarf.

Meanwhile, Delsenora rubs her hands together, a big grin on her face. " I see you made me some fruitcake, you ole scallywag! Thanks!" The dark elf doesn't wait for anyone, grabbing a plate and shoveling food onto it. Once done, she sits properly and begins eating as fast as you've ever seen someone eat! Finished she waits for everyone to have a plate before going back for a second helping! You notice she has no ale at all.

While Cornelius looks for bugs, he notices something odd about the corner of the room he is near. He is almost positive there is a, well, a door there?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:

While Cornelius looks for bugs, he notices something odd about the corner of the room he is near. He is almost positive there is a, well, a door there?

Cornelius sidles over to the odd-seeming structural feature, andthen looks about himself. If no one is paying attention to him, he takes a minute to examine the suspected door.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Deari smiles at Garn as he takes care to feed Hobert and gives little else in the way of a reply. She begins to eat soon after thinking on the ruined opportunity for her and Lucius to have a meal in the park and to make the words they had to speak of easier. It would be harder but that problem would be taken care of by the time they arrived at his home that evening.

While new, the dwarven food does wonders for her empty and nervous stomach and the ale she sips trying to avoid getting drunk in any fashion while the others are discussing the plans. She has in her view little she can do except play it by ear and keep more of a look out about what was going on in the world besides her leisure it seems. Lucius was trying his best to comfort her in this time and while she did admit to herself some trepidation she was more concerned for all of the others, Lucius family. The prospect of anyone else being hurt in her stead, especially those that were dear, bothered her severely.

She glances as Cornelius studies part of the room rather intently, and wonders if perhaps he has found something. With some of the more covert aspects of the night coming forth it would not surprise her.

Hobert however free of his muzzle now chomps merrily on the bones and continues to wag his tail with little care for most of what would come. His mistress was perhaps a little tense but that was not unfamiliar and nothing at the moment required him to defend her. Still where to bury these bones when they return to the rather large den that they were at. Where in deed?
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

When the food and ale arrive, Lucius relaxes a bit. He is still thoughtful and the barest of smiles takes a good while to come lighten his features. Then as he sees Delsenora catch up to the food so quickly, and Deari follow up with a contented look, he lets go some of the tension and tries some of it himself.

He takes a mug of the ale, but drinks it with time and without rushing. He accompanies with some of the meat Garn brought, leaving the cakes aside until the very end. The taste is good and quite new, but he takes little notice of it. Seeing that the conversation soon lost its more serious tone, he began to dedicate his attention almost exclusively to Deari. He even smiles as he catches her once turning to look at him, her mouth full and eyes opened wide.

"I don't know how long we'll be able to stay here in Martira Bay. We should put our plans in motion as soon as possible. This may be a shorter stay than we thought at first. I think I could take care of my new equipment tomorrow in the day, with Garn's and perhaps Cornelius' help I'm sure it won't take much. I'm an easy fit, after all" he added jokingly.

As the ale goes down he begins to feel more relaxed and to look around at the others. He notices Deari looking fixedly to where Cornelius is, and then he notices his strange behaviour. For all his stealth, he hadn't gone totally unnoticed, and although Lucius didn't have the time to understand what the dwarf was doing, he still commented to his companion
"do you think that is just a Dwarf's natural interest for buildings of all kinds, or will he have found something worth of our interest?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"There's a secret door there, I think......" Delsenora says with her mouth full. "Garm mentioned it to me once, but I've never really used it. Look higher up, Cornelius. At your eye level there should be a button to depress. It leads out of here through some tunnels for about two miles."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van isn't surprised by Del's appetite! HE has seen her eating again. So he gets a plate and gets a slice of the cake and some ale before the drow finish all of it!

When Cornelius found the secret door he says:

"This is very useful, if at one of our meetings we need to flee we can use this secret door. Garn is a very wise dwarf!"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:"There's a secret door there, I think......" Delsenora says with her mouth full. "Garm mentioned it to me once, but I've never really used it. Look higher up, Cornelius. At your eye level there should be a button to depress. It leads out of here through some tunnels for about two miles."

''Ah, yes- I had suspected as much. Good thing to have- a back way out....''

Cornelius resumes his quest for honey.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Cornelius will find honey on the table with all the food. Garn is quite thoughtful as well. On a plate is a wrapped package, which happens to be placed in front of Cornelius. Upon inspection , he finds bugs and treats for his lizard familiar!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Cornelius will find honey on the table with all the food. Garn is quite thoughtful as well. On a plate is a wrapped package, which happens to be placed in front of Cornelius. Upon inspection , he finds bugs and treats for his lizard familiar!
''Here you go, boy.''

Cornelius opens the flap of his pack and begins to hand feed his lizard.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Once the meal is done and you've talked amongst yourselves, it is close to four p.m. There's a knock at the door and it opens, revealing Garn. He closes the door behind him. "Ye best be usin the secret door. Some folks bin snoopin around yer Inn ye bin stayin at an bin seen in this area but left as they found no trail of ye lot. They won't come 'ere, I can promise ye that."

"Mebbe ye all kin come back after dark through the exit to tha secret passage. It exits in a dwarvish merchant's warehouse hidden behind crates. Ye kin get out easy enough, I assure ye with that one with ye," he says pointing at Delsenora. I'll get yer rooms ready just in case. Now git atta." He moves to the wall and presses the button. A door does slide into the wall, revealing a long passage. "Tis about a twenty minute walk to tha warehouse. Good luck then."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

"Well, then I guess it's time to head home. I think we will still be going to my parents' house, though I don't know if it would be wise to stay there tomorrow night.

At any rate, we should decide when we meet again. Perhaps in two days' time, here once more?"

Lucius awaits the others' answer, then prepares to take the secret route and head home with Deari.