Kartakass: Interlude in Martira Bay

Online roleplaying at the Café
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William stands up, wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"I think meeting here again would be a good idea. So far this is one of the few places that we know haven't been compromised."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius stands up and stretches.

''Ah...well, then, I'll be off, too. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Sounds like a plan! In 2 days we will meet here again. But still need a way to communicate because one of us might need help. I'll send you Ithan if I need help. What are you guys plan to do and where you will stay? I'll work on my headband these days and stay to my house."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius answers to Van
"I'll be out and about tomorrow and perhaps the following day, looking for equipment. I might be in touch with the Temple too."
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Heads up I am advancing the game to April 8th, two days from now, after this post.

April 6th
Streets of Martira Bay

Everyone has now gone their own separate ways. As was preordained, Delsenora walks with William. As they walk, Delsenora explains this establishment or that, as well as pointing out once or twice hidden observers of the city, meaning other rogues.

Turning to him as they walk, she asks the sailor "So, William, whom did George Weathermay bring into the safehouse?"

April 8th
Temple of Ezra, Martira Bay

The Souragnien walked hurried ly down the center aisle towards the front of the Temple, quickly exitting and heading into the streets of Martira Bay. Within minutes he is at his desired destination. Knocking on the door, he waits. Soon the door opens. "Yes, who are you?"

"Pardon me, monsieur. I am Father Dubois of the Temple of Ezra here. Father Dentor told me I could find a monsieur Jacob here. Might I speak with him?"

The other man looks around and beckons for Dubois to enter, closing the door behind him. Rizzen, keep an eye open. A Father Dubois from the Temple of Ezra is here to see me.

Yes master

Looking at the priest, Jacob introduces himself. "I am he. How might I be of service to you?"

As they talk, the dark elf, in human form, leads Dubois to the den and both men sit. The foreigner responds "I have learned through my brother that possibly another amulet of which your friend Lucius has might yet exist elsewhere in these lands. In the land of Barovia to be exact. I asked of Monsieur Plancturus' whereabouts but the Father didn't know where he was, so after telling him of my discovery through my brother, he guided me to you." The man takes a breath and sits back, relaxing somewhat.

Jacob listens and rolls over the information in his mind. So another Amulet? That might be good news for Vassili even. I will inform Lucius at once. Thank you father."

Rising, which lets the man know their business is done, Dubois rises as well. Shaking hands and thanking the dark elf, Jacob leads the man to the door and the priest leaves. Closing the door, Jacob returns to the library and finds the young Vassili there deep into a book! Smiling, he grabs a book himself and begins reading. Not before sending a message to Lucius.

Lucius, it is I, Jacob. A Father Dubois was just here telling me there might be another amulet in the land of Barovia. This could be good news for Vassili or even perhaps the Temple. Hope all is well, and I will see you soon.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

As Lucius received Jacob's message, he was out on the street by himself. He had spent the previous day dealing with the dwarves in search of better equipment, and managed to procure a plate armor that would suit him. It wasn't ready yet, but would be within the week.

This day, he planned to join Father Dentor at the temple of Ezra, in search for instruction on some points of theology that he wished to perfect before going back to adventure. That and a bit of advice more on the road to priesthood, and moreso on the way of the fighting priest.

But the content of Jacob's message distracted him, and made him alter all his plans.

Hmmm... it might be wise to go see Jacob and hear of these findings. I doubt I'll meet Dubois there, but Jacob can tell me what he knows.

This he thought to himself, and then veered his steps towards the master elf's house.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Lucius walks through the streets, lost in thought. Soon he is at Jacob's residence. Reaching to knock, he is slightly distracted by a hovering faerie dragon in front of his face. "Master Lucius, how nice to see you! Might you have a treat for me? I am so hungry."

Knocking on the door even as the faerie dragon is in front of his face, the man remains calm and collected. The door opens. The tiny dragon flies up and lands on the roof, peering below. Jacob, the human, opens the door, and eyes Lucius. He notices the man looking up slightly then looking at Jacob. "So I see Rizzen is about. I suppose he's asked you for food, the little sneak. Sorry about that, Lucius. It's me Jacob. I gather you aren't here for a courtesy visit?"
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

"Oh, hello Jacob", Lucius says while still looking at Rizzen. Instinctively, he fidgeted in his pockets for something to give the pseudo-dragon. He couldn't help finding it somewhat cute.

But then he turned to Jacob again, trying to recognize the old friend under the human disguise.

"It doesn't need to be a doctor's visite either, Jacob. I heard your call. I was precisely going to the temple today, but after your message, I thought it would be better to talk with you first. So you have news?"
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

tarlyn wrote: April 6th
Streets of Martira Bay

"So, William, whom did George Weathermay bring into the safehouse?"
William is caught somewhat off guard again by the young woman's persistent ability to be so forward and unalike the social norm, that it takes a moment before he answers. He thinks to himself that he may need to prepare stories for all his activities less Delsenora may accidentally unravel everything.

"Oh,..." He begins. "How did you?...no matter. He brought in some man needin protection from some sort of danger"
He takes a deep breath in order to calm his nerves.
"Listen Delsenora, Its best you don't snoop 'round them folks too much. I unerstan' yer curious, but just by lurkin about, hell, just by sayin their names you are puttin yerself and others at risk."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius spends the morning at the University library, poring over scrolls and books concerning Barovia. The dwarf uses his newly researched copying spell to transcribe documents to a big blank book. He also sketches maps.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

April 6th
Streets of Martira Bay.

Delsenora listens to William and giggles. "You're not accustomed to someone like me, are you Mr Sailor? I doubt that these people are ever in any other position but that of danger, given their profession, so to speak. Don't worry about me, I can take care of myself. And I've friends and allies, don't you worry."

Del takes the time to look amusedly at William before adding "Ah, yes, we've arrived at the Siren's Lament. One of my many hangouts. It'll be quiet now, but should pick up later. I think you are given to drinking tea, so don't worry. I'll make sure you get whatever you need here."

As they enter the Inn, William can see that it is in fact quiet, a scant few patrons sitting at the bar. The tables are empty. Delsenora walks upto the bar and speaks. "Hey you ugly mother, make sure my friend gets what he asks for, understood?" A bald headed man behind the bar looks over at Del and William and nods once. He approaches the pair. "What'll it be?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hu'nana residence

Jacob answers Lucius query. "So this Father Dubois tells me that there is possibly another amulet in Barovia. He learned this from his brother, whom Vassili, Cornelius and myself ahve already met at the University's library. I can't say more than what I've been told. He did seem sincere enough and I think he and his brother mean well."
Last edited by steveflam on Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius looks at Jacob a bit disappointed. He was hoping for more information.

"Oh, I see... I've never met that other brother, and to be sure, I think it's the first time I hear of him. Father Dubois may be sincere, but will his brother be too?"

He scratches his head, thinking.

"Barovia, you said... there are too many things pointing us to Barovia now, and precisely the place we have more reasons not to return to."

He sits in the nearest chair, and looks up at Jacob while weighing several possibilities.

"I thank you for this info, Jacob. I'll have to go down to Barovia sooner or later. All my answers seem to be there now. I'll be on the lookout for this other amulet. But what you have told me is so, so vague. Where in Barovia is it? And how did this other Dubois learn of it? I have to meet him, perhaps he can answer my questions."

He rises and prepares to leave.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van spends these days crafting his headband.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

April 6th
Siren's Lament
Martira Bay.

William orders his tea and responds to Delsenora.

"I am quite sure you can take care of yerself. It is the danger you pose to others that has me worried. Yer a bit reckless and you could use some work in applying social discretion.
Now granted the folks I am dealin with are quite accustomed to danger, but regardless, I am sure Less danger would be appreciated by them."

The bartender hands him his tea, to which William nods and picks up his cup. Holding it before his face, he blows a bit of steam away in a futile attempt to cool it down.

"But yer right. I am not accustomed to those such as yerself, rare as ye may be. 'Course if I were, I might be dead by now." He says the last bit with a smirk on his face, not meaning to entirely offend the woman, but to also make a point.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

April 6th
Hu'nana residence

Jacob feels bad he can't help Lucius more. Father Dubois was quite vague in his information. "I don't know the city, Lucius. Perhaps it be best if you ask the Father yourself. He knows more than I do. Perhaps you should see his brother, who I have met, like I've told you. Well I have tasks today and must tend to them. I have my student's classes to prepare for as well as my own research on these lands."

He leads Lucius to the door and sees him off.

Siren's Lament

Delsenora realises that William is trying to show her she is a little reckless. That's fine by her. Everyone has their methods, in the beginning.
Then you get your own identity and talents. Del was very qualified in subterfuge and taking care of herself. Ever since she was a wee drowess it's all she's been perfecting.

"Listen Will. I can't say I blame you for your attitude towards me. I have my own ways, as does any other type as I am, if you get my meaning. I just feel you have to say what you think, do what you want. Listen, you only live once, so I go by that motto. Now, as for you dying when you're with me, I will make no promises except to say I am not that easy to kill and am quite good with my weapons

To me most people appear stuck up or nervous. Why bother? Y'only live once in my opinion. And don't go worrynig about it, it'll all fall into place.
So I hope you can take it easy and relax here with me. And I can promise you I won't let anything happen to you"