Mists over the Musarde, Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The smoking form of Norzak rises. Ordering his shadow to sneak up behind the ghost and attack to distract her so that the others and himself can attempt to do her in, he grabs his crossbow and a bolt, turning to Dorgio."Make me bolt magic?" and then whispering to Benn he says "Put some o that there weed on me bolt and the elf's blade" before turning to face Wolutha, he yells at her "Ye damned undead bitch! Come n get some dwarf ye freakin hag!"
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict scratches his head, trying not to think that hemlock is typically an ingested poison, as he doses the dwarf's bolt.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak concentrates and utters a few words and for a short period of time, he will have a higher dexterity.

OOC: Cast quick boost from the Book of Roguish Luck
Get +2 to dex for 4 rounds. Can cast this on anyone actually and it adds to either Str, Dex and Con only.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Hearing the sounds of the approaching guards, Jonathan moves stealthily, though with a heavy limp, towards the doors of the keep.

"I pray Van dieks is not among her guards."
Jonathan whispers to Dorgio as he passes. The half gypsy can see large, dark bruises that threaten to bead blood on Jonathans neck and left arm where the witches magic hit him.

The boy knows there is very little he can do to Woultha physically so he prepares to face the oncoming guards.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

"That's suicide," he tells Jon in a hushed voice. "We stop Wolutha, we stop the guards. Right now we need you and your dagger here."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Alain, having cast a spell to guide his next attack, now fires a bright yellow ray at the ghost. The shot strikes her in the back.

Wolutha spins to face the blind man.

''Taking your sight wasn't enough- NOW I TAKE YOUR LIFE!''

CLICK

Norzak's bolt is loaded, ready and dosed.

Wolutha raises her right hand and speaks a clipped spell. Three silvery arrows appear in mid-air a few inches away from her right hand, then shoot foward to strike Alain in the chest.

TRAMP, TRAMP, TRAMP

Boots, boots on flagstones. The phantom guardsmen are now half-visible, transluscent shapes, moving out of the gloom to encircle the party. Spearpoints and lanterns gleam in the thin moonlight. The spectral soldiers are now mere paces away, and will at any moment cut off the gate, your only easy route of escape from the Keep.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio raises a hand towards Norzak, and calls upon the Morninglord to bless the dwarf's crossbow*.

*[[Magic weapon]]
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Eyes narrowing, the dwarf takes aim, specifically her face and more importantly her mouth. As he lets the bolt fly loose, his shadow attacks the ghost if it can, thus hopefully distracting the witch somewhat!

OOC:

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2282350/
21 to hit

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=63708
Damage 9 [Sorry, it is supposed to be +1, not +5 lol!]

Shadow if can attack:
18 to hit.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2282356/
4 to dmg if hits.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2282358/

Include flanking bonus if applicable ;)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Norzak's bolt passes clean through Wolutha's head, though it hardly ruffles her ethereal hair.

The witch queen shouts at the dwarf.

''You dare!''

She moves closer to Norzak. Norzak's shadow leaps at her heel, biting and scratching, but she manages to kick free of the creature and continue her advance on Norzak.
A few feet from the dwarf, she halts. A strange lethargy comes over the ghost woman. She floats upward now, hanging in the air over the party. A stain is spreading across her mouth, her neck, her insubstancial bosom. Dark tendrils of poison course through her filmy body.

''No medicine prevails. Father, drink it and be at peace....I'm coming to you now, Father, they will not take me!''

The horde of spectral guards circling the party rush inward to strike down all of you, spear points leveled.

Wolutha sighs, and dissipates into silvery mist.
The onrushing guardsmen, the strangely-restored towers and upper walls, all of it disintegrates into mist and moonbeams.
Your battered, bloody, burned party remains in the middle of the silent courtyard, in the ruins of the Keep.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Did we win ?" Alain asks as it is silent in the court yard .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Jonathan sees the witch dissipate and then collapses to the ground. With a great effort the boy strains in Dorgio's direction.

"No matter how scared I got, I didn't let the beast out."

Jonathan passes out from his injuries.
Last edited by JMaytr on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wat lies in the prone, his breathing rapid and shallow. He coughs a few times, and tries to speak, but no words form.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak orders his shadow to look around the keep, casting the detect creature upon himself so both he and the shadow can benefit from the spell. Ghosts is the choice of creature.

"Is everyone awright? Ye be thinking we beat 'er? Benn, mebbe yer spear did it?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Seeing his first one doesn't detect anything, he casts the same spell, but for Wereweasels, hoping it will show him Van Dieks as well as Jon.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak relays his finds to the others. "We should look around the keep, mebbe? I kin get me shadow to look for Van Dieks or her body if she ain' really bin killed."