Realms of Dread Chapter Two

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

in the gnomish smithy-

Glim answers Ino-

''Oh, the Amnites, yes. Well, this little group of bravos came in, asking questions about some fugitives from justice. They claimed that the men they were hunting had massacred some villagers up north, and done other bad things, besides. They said that these outlaws had joined the watch here in Marsemeber, after having gained the favor of the local rulers. Their description was a little vague....I got the impression that they were hiding something.

Now, Threan and I are good honest gnomes, and always happy to help the cause of justice....but the story had holes in it. Couldn't be sure everything was as it seemed. The bounty hunters offered us a reward for helping them. They said they'd come back the next day, after we had time to think on it. They never came back, though.
''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

the Old Shell-

Jamethon waits a while, mulling things over, then says-

''Well, I agree with Shana. We must locate Fortis. I suspect that he knows what became of Nell- whether she's dead or alive. We don't know for certain that she's one of the seven who were beheaded.''

Jamethon takes a wax paper parcel out from his coat and lays it on the table. He opens it and pulls out a periwinkle blue dress. Holding the fancy dress up to the light, he displays it for the room to see. The dress is in pretty good condition, and of a fashionable cut, if a trifle flashy. Near the sheer lace neckline are a series of splotchy rust colored stains.

''I bought this last night. It came from the body of one of the beheading victims, according to the men who sold it to me. They may have lied to me - but I suspect that they were telling the truth, as they know that I know where they sleep at night....and that means that Ironheart knows, as well. I had thought that there might be some way to magically confirm it, and maybe to gain some sort of information from the dress itself....''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Eyeing the dress, Rardi begins to think about what spell she
might cast to learn more of the dress's owner.

"Mebbe I kin pray fer a spell in tha mornin to study this dress so we may get more information from it. Mebbe the magic users kin check heir spellbooks fer the same types o spells. Divination types be the best one I be sure."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil nods to Glim.

"Ok, thank you for the information. I think it's strange the Amnites came to your shop actually. Anyway, enough about them. I think your brother told you that we are working together on a case for militia. Do you want to help us? Your skills might be useful."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise listens to Alain's reading of the journal and the comments that follow. He leans back in his seat and says, "So... Fortis didn't come to her for any sexual reasons -- not even a kiss -- he simply treated her kindly and then told her he was buying her freedom...

"Here's a thought. Shana, you wondered if he might be a psychopath. How about the other extreme? What if he was family? Or someone else who truly cared about her well-being, for whatever reason? If he did intend to buy her freedom, perhaps someone else got wind of it -- someone who didn't want her to leave -- and took steps to prevent it?"
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain responds to Blaise's line of thinking, "That is more along the lines of what I believe to have occurred. Either way, this merits looking into."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Very well then. the stalwart members of the militia can occupy themselves with interfering in trade and commerce, while we continue the hunt for the beheader, whether it be Fortis, Delthrin, neither... or both!"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Look I got to do do some purchases. An rest for tanight. I'll be back later." She nods to everyone end exits the room. Descending the stairs she quickly exits the Inn. Hurrying along the street, at her speed, is a little longer, but she finally makes it to the merchant quarter. She spends the next few hours making several purchases, mostly consisting of black clothing. Fine dwarvish clothing makes her feel good.

Unfortunately she has less luck in finding her last item and after two hours has some success, but not from a dwarvish merchant. She pays the man for the little jar, grumbling about the exorbbitant price, and tucks it in her bag. Satisfied, she returns to the Inn. She makes her way to the front desk. "Scuse me" and removes a few silver coins from her purse "I gots a message fer one a yer tenants. Archedius be his name." She tells the clerk Arch's room so they get it right. She slides the silvers across the desk to the clerk.

"Tell 'im ta come see me in two hours. I also want a meal sent up for us. I think me silver can cover that." She turns and climbs the stairs to her room and dropping her purchases she hops on the bed and meditates to the Morninglord, contemplating her evenings work and the spells she might need in the morrow for the dress.
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

"Did any of you find out how tall Nell was? I ask because the orphanage connection and the small size of the attackers worries me..."
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Archedius wrote:"Did any of you find out how tall Nell was? I ask because the orphanage connection and the small size of the attackers worries me..."
"Unfortunately she did not illuminate to her vita statistics as far as I was able to see. I could only assume she was a lady of appropriate age."
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

After receiving the message from the clerk, Archedius raps on Rardi's door with the slightest of force and awaits a reply.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The door opens to reveal Rardi totally in a black outfit. "Come in, Archedius." She closes the door behind him. Then she walks over to the bed and hops onto it, sitting crosslegged in a relaxed pose. From under her pillow she removes an item, and shows it to Archedius. It's a small container. Opening it she shows the man it's contents.

"This be some wetblack fer our lil excursion tanight. It'll totally cover our skin and we'll only see our eyes and teefers in the moonlight. I'm not proud o tha fact I got me some, but I guess we ain't got no choice. Now I think we should talk about what we gonna do tanight. Like a plan. The least of us the better I think. So it should be You, Inovidil and I, then?"
Last edited by steveflam on Sun May 31, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

in the gnome smithy

Glim responds to Ino-

''Yes, as I said- I'll be happy to help catch these smugglers. ''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Threan get's back to the Old Shell . Goes up to Archedius room and Knocks on it "Rap a Tat Tat " then waits for a response to the side(1) of the door .

1=Hide Check 23 [Not consciously trying to hide]
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana sets forth to locate the individual called Fortis. Starting at the brothel and working outward. Anyone who wishes to accompany her is welcome to do so!